Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

piratepilates posted:

tuvix seems like a colossal pain in the rear end to build, should I bother with him or not? not sure if he's worth it at all aside from being able to say I have the card

Best bet is to level up Tuvok or Neelix to level 99 (note, not 100!) and then fuse them. That way you are only equipping a 3* not a 4*. This works for all fuse characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Datacore Sheet updated to 3.0. Enjoy all!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h6CpagbPqEmoFxhWf83mtOQ0767mL2E4Ge97e5Pl9zY/edit#gid=0

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

Bug report: Calling All Combs doesn't include Acting Nagus Brunt.

Fixed, what a horrible mistake to make!

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

That list is hilarious because its about 90% needs. The only one i purged was Mirror Leeta.

Have a look at both the Little Book Of Cadet Advice and the Big Book Of Behold Advice for all your crew rating needs.
Also there's a big list of guides on the forum in the Ready Room which will be a big help.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15799/guides-and-tips-resources-and-help-for-players-updated-04-04-2020#latest

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

That's a bit better. I have a bunch of characters at low levels that i've put resources into, but none i'm super attached to. Old Man Soong and One for example. I possible can't clear out a bunch, and get green crew so I can complete the cadet challanges.

The one for the lower ranked crew is a bit harder to read. My biggest hole is the elite and epic cadet challanges being completely undone. I think it was because I was flooded with legendary and super rare crew early on so i purged the common and uncommon crew really early.

Time to make some tough decisions then. Get those cadets done as a priority. If nothing else because of the chron and farming opportunities are great. Weekday one's are fairly easy and there are only a few crew you need to immortalise to do them all. Weekends are slightly tougher as the range is higher but still worth doing, Saturday's will net you 6 purple rep rations every week.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Who is recommended that's blue, female and has a high security? It's the only node I don't have anyone that has nearly the skill to get the rare reward from in Cadet Challanges. I would think maxed out Ezri would do it but nope, she's not even close.

Private S. Money if it's for the node I think it is. She clears anything with a Veteran bonus.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

So guys I run the Timelines Talks Steam on Wednesday and we're excited to an a Q&A with the Lead QA Manager from Wicked Realms live on air. This will be up live on 3rd June at 20:00 BST at https://twitch.tv/TimelinesTalks and will also be on the YouTube channel after too. If you guys have any questions for him send them via a DM and I'll add them to the pool. Cutoff for all questions is monday.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

The original Big Book is back open again too.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Hello, my name is Captain Idol and I’m one of the hosts of Timelines Talks, a Stream/Podcast talking about the mobile game Star Trek: Timelines. We’ve been doing this since May last year and have been going quite well with weekly shows to my honest surprise but hey, it’s fun to drink, stream and talk about Star Trek and obscure characters and this fills all of my favourite niches.

This coming Saturday 27th March at 17:00 GMT/13:00 Eastern we’re organising a Charity Stream to coincide with the ingame Honor Sale to raise money for Child’s Play (https://childsplaycharity.org). For this charity event we will be running a lot longer than usual, probably going well into the night for myself to encourage viewers from all over the world to join us and help support Child’s Play.

We will be having guests from the Timelines Community on to pull some packs from the sale, developers of the biggest fan made tools will be on to talk about upcoming features. Also the developers of the game, Wicked Realm Games, will be joining us for a roundtable discussion! We’ll also be doing a few Star Trek based donation goals and no doubt we’ll dive into our favourite episodes, funniest moments and talk to our guests about their Star Trek memories.

We’re very much looking forward to it and I hope you all can join myself, my co-hosts Automaton_2000/StarsAndGarters and the Timelines community to help raise money for Child’s Play. You can catch our regular show and the stream at https://youtube.com/TimelinesTalks and if you have any questions reply below or send me a message. See you Saturday and Live Long And Prosper!

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

In celebration of the portal update we had a pack opening party last night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RdBr5jCWLc

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Delthalaz posted:

How do you guys evaluate the endless stream of new crew? I used to rely heavily on the big book but now I'm not sure

If you need an indepth look at all the metrics of how crew ranks i run the Hyper Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1czPEYhyNszsx7BqzYsbicAHKK15w4hjTmYiSp_jKsgg/edit#gid=0

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Kurtzman is an Executive Producer on Lower Decks, just like every other current CBS Trek project. This has nothing to do with him.

If it’s a rights issue it’s between CBS/Paramount and the game devs.

In our latest interview with the devs they said they were getting the rights for Lower Decks sorted plus more, which I can only presume means Prodigy, SNW etc

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Oyster posted:

Are these mechanics outlined anywhere? Do I need to listen to Timelines Talks regularly?

Always :D

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Oyster posted:

Realtalk: I'd probably enjoy it. My partner is a big trek nerd and we're finally in Discovery on our journey through all of it (with DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise to go) and while she doesn't play the game she does appreciate my excitement when I see one of my crew on screen.

I've literally never listened to a podcast. Guess it's time to learn what that's about.

Podcast or YouTube at https://youtube.com/TimelinesTalks or watch it live, Wednesdays 15:30 EST/20:30 GMT at https://twitch.tv/TimelinesTalks the options are endless. Okay I'll stop self plugging now :D

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Delthalaz posted:

Any tips on how to use the 'do not airlock' sheet? I liked the old big book because I could just look at tiers. These big lists of "freeze/airlock" and "need" aren't giving me much guidance.

BB 2.0 is in the works

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

plainswalker75 posted:

It's a rerun event, which they usually do if there's a holiday or they're trying to fill a gap in the schedule, so yeah they've done this exact one before (it might even be the one where tee-time doctor was introduced). They usually make up for it by putting a 5* at the end of the points rewards tree, to give people more of an incentive to play

Quick correction. Rerun events (where you can win a gold at 400k) happen before a Mega and contain the first mega gold at 1500. Flashback events happen after a mega.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I can get 10 shuttles a day done but it's annoying having to fuse three crew when I've already immortalized every 1, 2, and 3-star. And then do 90 levels, I can probably manage that by leveling a lot of different lower-level incomplete crew, and then I need to immortalize a crew, I guess I can manage that, and then whee loads of gauntlet fights, and then... I'll get two shuttle tokens, a few hundred merits (LOL), I guess there's about 400 chrons in there, and some five-star time reductions are actually useful. But the whole rigamarole hardly feels worth the effort, so I'm just gonna idly do what is easy and not worry about it.

Maybe these events are more "for" lower-level players who are still fusing greens daily. That's OK actually, it's good for the game to not always be focused on the high-level endgame type players. But then, low-level players with only 2 shuttles really struggle to get through the shuttle requirement, so that's not great design if that's the intent. I guess that's what the five-star time reductions are supposed to be for? I'd never waste one on this though.

For any shuttle objectives I cannot stress Tanking shuttles enough. Literally makes it incredibly easy.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

I've never done it myself and had forgotten all about it, but tanking is where you intentionally fail your shuttle missions to drive down the duration required - like the start of faction events where you start at 1min and successes increase the duration, you can tank your general shuttles in order to reduce the timer down from 3 hours again.
I've only seen it discussed in regard to events with a winning faction, because the winning faction gets -30mins on their shuttle timer and bonus items and chrons on a success, so the strategy was to fail shuttles for that faction (before the event starts) until it's back at the starting baseline of 1min, wait for the event to end, then essentially run a kickstart strategy getting instant shuttles and bonus chrons. I'm pretty sure people using this strategy is why you'll often see the same small group of factions win every event they're in.

If the objective counts failed shuttles as completed it might be possible to just fail them and drive your timer down enough to reduce the time pressure, but if not then it might not be worth the effort this far through the event since you'd still need to be running them at 3 hours for a while to bring the faction difficulty back down.

Yes this is essentially correct, although you don't do a kickstart stategy, you just succeed and fail shuttles to keep the timer down.

Tanking is for the post-event bonuses, so for example should S31 win an event, they would get the extra chrons and items when you run their missions post-event.
Tanking your shuttles down to 30s means you can suceed and fail these shuttles at a much faster rate giving you many, many chrons. And for factions like Section 31 it means topping up on those much needed 0* holoprograms which you will need 1000s for. Last tanking session on S31 I burned through 10k merits, earned 1000s of chrons, millions of credits and about 300 0* holoprograms. It's very, very worth it.

There is honestly no reason to keep any faction at full time once you have the faction honoured. Aside from possibly Augments as the 2* science experiments don't drop as easily on the lower timed shuttles.

idoliside fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 16, 2021

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

So what's the ratio of failure-to-success you need, to drop the timer down like that?

I can plug in loads of unleveled crew into shuttles, it just never occurred to me that failing shuttles would eventually drop the timer. I thought that was tied to either an event, or faction honor status.

Usually, once I've got the shuttles down to 30s...
1: Bring them up to 2 minutes (they last for 11 hours without expiring)
2: Open up as many missions as I can
3: Run one success
4: Run one fail
5: If the fail one succeeds (which it will eventually), then fail one of the other missions you have open back down to 2m.
6: Repeat.

Any missions less than 30m will instant succeed but sometimes you get a few fails suceed in a row which increases the time, unavoidable sadly but that's why you have the open shuttles to bring down the timer, and only running one mission at a time gives you options for accidental successes.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

oh my god lol

well I've been wasting my loving time, ahahah. I've been playing for four years

Not a waste of time, the best time to start is yesterday but today is a good start. It might take months, but it will be incredibly worth it. Thousands of chrons, millions of credits, tons of faction items, just for running shuttles.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Is it necessary to fail all factions, or can one fail one specific faction while running successful missions for other factions?

Just the one's likely to win. So in terms of priority Section 31 and Federation should be first. Followed by Terran, Klingon, Augments. You can leave factions like Dominion or Hirogen if you like. I tanked them all just incase they run a single faction Romulan event with that as a winner. But there's enough rotation of faction events that most should come up at some point.
The Datacore has a shuttle tracker so you can see how long it will take, might seem daunting but there is literally no reason not to.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Felinoid posted:

Pretty decent sci-eng with diplo on the side for a 4*, but eh. Crap ship ability, desperate & resourceful, lovely character. I'll probably do the event just for something to do, but odds are he's getting airlocked (after I fuse them together for the next pre-event).

I would counter this with Resourceful as it's quite a tough collection and you'll need as many cards as you can for it.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

The Big Book Of Behold Advice 2.0 has been released and it's better than ever!! Go to https://bigbook.app to see it, it's seriously amazing!

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

I just have everything tanked, shuttles takes about 2 minutes to get done. My only delay in dailies is Cadets mainly as I want to try and optimise my adwarps, now that they've unlocked the time requirement that's gotten a lot easier.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

A reminder, S31 is the faction bonus tomorrow. If you have it tanked now is the time to go nuts and get a billion holoprograms.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Tanking has no effect on event missions. You can tank and run events with no effect on either.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

We just celebrated 2 years of doing our Timelines related show! It's been a blast! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx3pCUJ2dxA

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qUIjj_6LNA

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Oh. Is the reward Paul Mayweather? Don't need that guy.

He's resourceful, so you kinda do...

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

WRG Ben popped onto the Timelines Talks Discord to announce that the 9.0 client is up and going out to various platforms, and that Boss Battles should be launching around the 11th.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Oyster posted:

I went into the honor hall to buy replicator rations. I left the honor hall with enough parts to upgrade the Bortas twice. At least one of those is an incorrect use of honor.

Good lord no both are incorrect uses. You will end up spending over 1m honor to finish the Bortas and then it's not really worth it. Honor is best saved for the quarterly Honor Sales, you get a crew+cite for 40k, which is endlessly better than anything else in the honor hall.

Except for Kahless, he's baller.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

WRG did a stream last night breaking down the new Boss Battle feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wtpc5RY-og&t=1s

And here's our debrief breaking it down, WRG Ben popped into chat and answered a few more questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFDNPkvDlI8

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

If you need help with Boss Battles we've got a dedicated section on our Discord for it, also the WRG Dev drops from time to time to answer questions.

https://bit.ly/TimelinesTalks

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

May I recommend Bigbook.app which has search filters and rankings for Ship abilities, easy to find those booms.

But for Hard we've found that the Sphere 878 with Zimmerman, Ardra, O'Brien and Mariner does easily 3m damage per Valor. Easy enough to put two up and get on the rankings.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

My fleet's on Brutal but I think it's starting to stretch past what many members can handle, because there's a few arguing we should do lower ones to get the kill rewards rather than the increased rewards from damage.

It's a good shout, you'll need to both rank in the personal thresholds and defeat the boss to get the most kemocite/magnesite for your bridge. Once you Attack/Damage etc is levelled up enough you might find people can take on more difficult bosses.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

If you want a good Hard/Brutal build...Sphere 878 with Zimmerman, Ardra, UC O'Brien and Bat'leth Mariner does significant damage.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Yeh Undercover

On a side note should you upgrade to Brutal, I've been running the new Scotty/Killy/RPC and...surprisingly crew #1004 Tactical MACO Mayweather (TACO) too...he has a 400% boom but is the only one with no limits, so should you manage to evade a blast, you can score more hits than the standard 400% boomers who only have 2 charges.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Apparently this is going to be fixed for Portal only crew sometime soon, maybe in the next update.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah so like, in that pic that guy ran multiple crew in one attack and two of them matched the secret list of pre-selected specific attributes.

The remaining two slots have a geneticist with one of the remaining attributes, so like if it's geneticist + brutal then it doesn't matter that the list of possible attributes also has federation and andorian etc., you have to actually run a brutal geneticist to claim that node.

This is where having an active communicative fleet comes into play. Someone can say "I ran a geneticist + federation and it's not that one" and that eliminates one possibility. Often there are combos that just do not exist - there's no andorian geneticist so you could eliminate that from the hunt.

The more nodes there are in a combo chain, the more difficult it can be to unlock them because there's more possible combos across all the nodes. Sometimes nobody has the one crew that matches. There's only one brutal geneticist (Sulan) so if nobody has him, it's impossible to unlock that node.

There's also bugs. Right now even a greyed-out trait can actually still be "active" so you can't eliminate those.

Recommend you guys join the Fleet Boss Battle Discord, lots of people there talking strategy and tips for this: https://discord.gg/CqrKhPER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Right on!
For voyages, it's worth reading this page: https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Voyages because it's not intuitive how it works.
Here is a voyage tip: all of the stats for all of the crew you put on a voyage add up to a single score for each of the six attributes, one of which is tested every 80 seconds. Each test basically rolls against that total score and when you succeed you get +5 antimatter and when you lose you get -30. So at the beginning of the voyage the rolls are all very easy and you succeed at all of them; then you hit a point where the difficulty has risen enough that you start to fail rolls, and this cascades into a point where you're losing every single roll.

There's also 30 "normal" activities every ten minutes, each of which costs 1 antimatter, and every seventh of which grants some kind of reward.

The stat marked in gold is tested 35% of the time, the silver 25% of the time, and the remainder 10% of the time each.

Also each crew slot has a trait. If you match that trait with a crew, you get 25 extra antimatter, which is less than a single failed ability roll.

So: matching the crew slot trait to get the antimatter bonus is much less important than getting the maximum possible total score in the gold and silver categories, which will be tested on half of those 80-second tests. Your first priority is to max those out, because as long as those tests keep passing, you'll be able to tread water with antimatter totals and your voyage will get extended more and more. Secondary is trying to get decent scores on the other abilities, although each individual one matters less, so if you have one or two "dump" scores that's fine (only affects 10 or 20% of the tests).

Third priority is using a ship with a matching trait, which gets +150 antimatter - having a good base of ships helps you to be able to do this more often, but don't spend Dilithium trying to get better ships when getting better crew is a higher priority for all aspects of the game.

Another tip: each new Voyage is randomly drawn, so you can intentionally Recall a lovely Voyage to try to get a better one. The time it takes to recall is just 40% of whatever the voyage time was, so if you run it for one minute, it'll take 24 seconds to recall, and then you can start a new Voyage with different random traits for the slots and ship. This may be worth it if for example the Gold attribute is MED and you don't have a good base of MED crew. Just dump that voyage in favor of one with Gold/Silver attributes that you have good bases for in your crew.

Following these tips let me get from voyages that never made it to 4 hours, to voyages that consistently made it to 6+.

Or...or! Just use Datacore's voyage calculator and have it do it all for you.
Then use my CIDAS sheet to work out where you need to improve :D