Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Vaguely related, but nice avatar, I want to see a version that cycles through as many different team caps as possible.

To me one of the big thresholds in the game was actually being able to get a Voyage to last long enough to reach a Dilemma (2 hours, btw) which is also nice because you don't need to babysit it anymore, and allows you to complete all of the daily tasks. I ended up with just enough antimatter to reach it for a while.

I check back on the Dabo every now and again just for the opportunity of a free spin. (But make sure you buy the first spin with credits first!) Got my tier 2 and 3 ships that way. Don't be too fussy about which ship you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Erisian Automata posted:

I keep playing this game. I haven't spent real monies yet and it makes me happy with the absurdity. Rope-totin' neelix and jazz rikers aside, now what I'm seeing from the design/art team is just doing like, how folks are doing instead of actual jobs/incarnations/mirror versions/etc.

Injured Torres has been one of the most useful of the Voyager cards for me.

Funny thing, I just realised that despite being a Klingon Bird-of-Prey, the HMS Bounty counts as a Federation ship. Makes sense, I suppose.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Since I got Laas I been yeetin every Wesley out the airlock

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It definitely seems worthwhile to level at least one Scotty, since a lot of challenges seem to have him specifically in mind. Well, he is the archetypical Starfleet engineer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I don't mind Arena battles too much. They're pretty brainless for the most part and the sound effects please me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I got a bunch of Rikers. Starting to run out of room.

The Behold bot link in the OP will be outdated soon, btw.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Obviously, given you're a Bajoran.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Now I want Hungover Jadzia.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Did he sound that whiny in the original?

Aww, CMO Bashir's final two items are Kukalaka and The Alamo. :3:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

piratepilates posted:

There's a Bashir card that isn't even from Star Trek, it's literally just Alexander Siddig's character in Game of Thrones :thunk:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Prince_Bashir

Can that double as Ra's Al Ghul?

There's also Army Chaplain Odo for his actor's role in M*A*S*H. (I think) They do have fun.

Do they have one for Bashir's parents? His dad plays the Indian dad in everything.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ghostlight posted:

Double dailies :toot:

I thought that was a bug.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Just picture him like Mom from Futurama, slapping them all in one fluid motion.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I just realised this game's premise is basically Escape from the House of Mummies Part III.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

plainswalker75 posted:

I just discovered that skirmish space battles occur wherever you're currently parked in the world map, so I hope DS9 enjoys me murdering a bunch of spaceships right in their docking area.

Quark is probably selling tickets.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

My best ship is either the Borg Cube or HMS Bounty, not sure how to get the most out of either one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

plainswalker75 posted:

Ah yeah, it's definitely still really tedious, I just feel like skirmishes are actually more worth the tedium than the other modes. It'd be great if they could figure out an event mode that's more puzzle-like instead of just mashing the same buttons over and over again.

This game is much more of a marathon than a sprint and you kinda have to muddle along and do the best you can until the RNG gifts you something useful but the 5*s gifted by the mega events are a HUGE boost and Garth should hopefully help you do better in ship battles, with his unconditional quick firing direct damage.

Both are actually pretty good usually, depending on how many ranks you have. For the cube, you want someone that'll boost your attack (I used Duras Sisters for a long time), at least one high direct damage (+400% is best, use two if your ship has enough health/shields to tank effectively while your skills cooldown) and/or one +health or +shields for defense; trigger the +attack char first, then the shield disruption followed by your direct damage char(s) and the cutting laser. This should hopefully knock out your opponent in one fell swoop.

Strategy for the Bounty is a little similar but takes more knowledge of the opposing ship; you want to time your cloak such that you miss the brunt of the enemy's attack and can then dump your +attack and direct damage on them while their skills are on cooldown.

I'll try to incorporate that into what I got. I also recently got the Prakesh up to level 5 as well as those, which seems more rounded.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Through a loophole, it must be made in a holographic recreation of the Champagne region of France

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Garth Ferengi's Sacred Marketplace

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think Promoted Sisko does need 3 star citations though, since you can apparently only get him from a one-time Achievement.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yeah, that one. I have so many Siskos.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm pretty sure spending money just means you'll get bored quicker. Eventually you'll get enough blues to work with and more purples than you really know what to do with. Don't be afraid to airlock grays, greens and even blues you don't like and/or aren't high tier on datacore.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

In general, there's an inverted rarity pyramid; grays and greens have the least variety, with more in blues and even more in purples and golds. (which of course, makes upgrading exponentially more difficult with rarer character) You can honestly probably get away with ejecting most grays unless you really like them even in early game, while greens will be your workhorses for a while more or less til you complete all the weekly challenges.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Apparently the Star Trek CCG back in the day also had Yelgrun marked as a musician in the same way.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Whoa, it’s on the iOS version as well. Gave me about 100k in honor and the epic spin. If that wasn’t an intentional gift then it’s a hell of a bug. Turned the honor into two legendary beholds (since honor is relatively easy to come by) and picked up Chancellor Gowron and Bell Riots Jadzia. The epic spin gave me Mark Lenard’s Romulan character.

Also, is the Datacore Behold site just gone? I haven’t been able to access it for weeks.

They changed the site, it's now at https://datacore.app/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think I just benefited from a bug that gave me a ton of captain level awards, including shitloads of Honor.

I'll call it a Christmas present and give Leonardo another star.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 25, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Quite the grab bag for this event, but oddly convenient. And you (I) thought immortalising Buster Kincaid Kim was a waste!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I just check Dabo for when the free ad spins show up, usually at least once or twice a day.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Time for my Siskos to shine!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Depends on the 3* in question; basically the Starfleet main cast ones are usually easier while particular aliens are usually harder, also heaven help you if they're a holodeck enthusiast.

But they're all harder to gear up in general because they need higher level gear to complete, consuming more instances of faction gear.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tourist Worf? More like Terrorist Worf. Tourrorist Worf.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I really need Nurse Kes to get the last medical nodule on the weekday challenges, right?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Anyone else get a sudden test on 'Which character is Spock?'

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

New thread title: Pulling Out All The Spocks

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Guess who just got their fourth shuttle bay?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Am I the only one who likes supply missions? They're oddly satisfying and probably the most predictable form of event.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The second phase has a whole thing about how they DO have athletic traditions they're rediscovering, mind.

It's like a lot of post-colonial cultural rediscovery where they're recovering the old while exploring the new. Also like the implication that Vulcans used to have bowling. Though I always saw them as being naturals for cricket.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

So I got over 1000 dil, already maxed out on shuttles and got 130 crew slots, what's worth spending it on?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

At a certain point blues become the new greens. The only reason Tuvix and the Duras Sisters aren't more of a pain in the rear end is because with four-hour voyagers pretty much every blue card is guaranteed to come your way sooner or later.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

So I'm a squad leader for my random rear end fleet, is there any good rule of thumb for what crew is the ideal to share with the squad during faction mission events? They're all lower level than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I might have outthought myself, since I figured it'd be smart to use a gold or purple that it's unlikely other players have from recent events. (in my case, Princess Jadzia) But that's if I don't have a purple fitting the event at a decent level. Ah well, live and learn.