Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
How often do the one dot drops actually fire? I keep wasting chronotons on these rare chokepoint items and sometimes they don’t drop after ten+ warp-1’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Which do you think is a better choice -- Mirror Garak or Tomalak? I'm near the end of Ep 7

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Cool, yeah I'll go for mirror Garak. The other guy has worse art anyway!

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
What sort of stats do you need to get a voyage that goes 4 hours without needing to revive it? I can only get about 2.5 to 2.75 hours.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Lol I never had a problem. That was nice, got to buy my extra shuttle bay.

e: oh poo poo didn't even notice there was the legendary citation. I only have solar sail sisko, and he's already a beast. I guess he's stepping up his game when he gets back from that lengthy voyage.

e: man that "merit" pull was a disaster. Two one-star crew (one of which I already have and the other is trash) and one two-star crew that I already have at two stars.

Delthalaz fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 26, 2019

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I've been playing this game a few weeks now and it's really dumb but kind-of addicting. It's like a slot machine game where there's no possibility of winning any money.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
This game needs an option to specifically mute Scotty

e:
Any tips on how to get lots of trainers or more 3* characters? I've got a lot of 1/3 folks clogging up my roster that never seem to show up on voyages. I'd like to clear out my 1* and 2*s to make room for more useful characters, but I've been burning honor on those legendary trainers, and it takes a ton to get folks from 80 to 100. I hate using them on those useless folks.

Delthalaz fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 12, 2019

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Replace all character quotes with Ezri's "aren't you glad you brought me along?" tia

Tried to warn you...

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Ghostlight posted:

that's what honour is for!

they might be useless but the collections are pretty decent bonuses to get and once they're done they're done, out the door and that makes more stars to burn for honour. your only other real source is faction missions - once you get a faction to honoured they'll be bringing back a half dozen or so gold trainers. also, faction events like the one currently running mean the winning faction brings back gold trainers in addition to whatever their normal rewards are.

Ah yeah good point. What do you think about spending honor on stuff like citations for 3*s? The Timelines reddit and forums folks seem to think it's blasphemous to spend honor on anything other than legendary citations (with super-rare a controversial opinion)

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Is that Garth event over? I have him at 4/5 stars so I was thinking I'd buy a 5* citation and immortalize him if his event is totally over.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think so. Most of the “free” event Legendaries end up at 4/5 stars unless you pull one or use a citation.

Man, I could not care less about the Campaign pngs this month. I like Discovery, but why would you not at least choose characters other than Ash and Tilly’s one-off friend?

Ah well.. Do you think it's a good idea to finish Garth and work to immortalize (I think he's at level 70) or put it in one of my 1/5 or 2/5 but level 100s? I was thinking it probably makes more sense to finish Garth even though he isn't as good in the long run.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I've been burning a ton of honor on gold trainers-- going through my one-star and two-star roster and immortalizing them. At least I can refrigerate the one-stars, but I need to keep the two-stars around to finish up weekday cadet missions. So far I've immortalized 16 two-star and 7 one-star crew. Goddamn is it annoying when useless losers require relatively difficult equipment like science experiments. Motherfucker, I'm training you because you're wasting a slot. Totally worthless Maquis Chakotey required like 30 faction items! Some take like 5 minutes to finish and toss out, though, like Yeoman Rand.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The frustrating thing is I've 3-starred 2/3 of the weekday challenges, and am at 43/45 on the last one, but Datacore keeps telling me to use 2-star characters on Voyages, so I can't keep enough space clear to keep and immortalize the handful of 1-stars I haven't done yet.

e: jeeze I've got 6 3-stars immortalized and 15 immortalized-but-active 2-star crew (and 6 more of them already frozen)

Hmm, I tend to time it so I can go through the cadet missions when everyone is home. I've only entirely 3-starred the MWF cadet missions though, I still have a couple left on the TTH ones. Hoping for next week, though I'll probably have bad luck and need longer.

Speaking of cadet missions, any suggestions as to which crew to focus on for the weekend ones? 3-stars aren't burning a hole in my pocket but I really seem to blow at those.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I want to freeze them but I also just broke the 4hr voyage mark last week and it's given me different 2-star crew to use on the voyages each time so far :(

Ahhh yeah. When I finally finish the cadet missions I'm just going to freeze them anyway and work on beefing up my 4-5 stars regardless of the drat algorithm.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Is there any reason to do more than the 5 minimum arena missions for daily rewards? Combat is awful and I'm not getting any better. Tedious and pointless.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Yeah I’m at around 30,000 in the 5* arena and i don’t anticipate getting better until i have a level 10 ship and some more elite crew. Right now it’s a waste of time

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I think I got my best ships + upgrades playing Dabo 2-3 pulls per day.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Yeesh, only two nodes left on the Tuesday challenges. Oh well, maybe next week.

Quick question- I only just realized the collection bonuses don’t require that you get every single character. Is there any reason not to airlock a 1* or 2* once you have the collection bonuses completed?

Delthalaz fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 7, 2020

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Finished my Thursday cadet missions! Now it really just is those Tuesday nodes. Can't wait to clean these 2*s out with maybe one or two exceptions. I'll take a hit voyaging for a bit but my 3 and 4* should make up for it with some training.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I actually got great luck and beat the med one on my first try with Kes. I’m missing the CMD at the end and the DIP at the beginning if I recall correctly. I’m hearing Gaia Odo is the man for the job as far as dip is concerned- luckily he just showed up in today’s event. Unless the info is outdated and he’s worse than betrothed kamala.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Retrowave Joe posted:

Uncommon Cadet Challenges clear! Hit the diplomacy node with Leeta, Command with Martok, and the Medical one with Kes. Seven of Nine filled in the remaining nodes. Just freed up a dozen roster slots too. Feels good man

Ahh me too! Congrats. Thanks to Gaia Odo and Sito Jaxa in my case clearing out those last two nodes. Tossing folks in the freezer.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Retrowave Joe posted:

Congrats to you too man! Now for the 3* ones...

Yeeeah. I wish I knew which folks to focus on for those! There are so many level 3s. I’m still going to work on leveling up some 1* and 2* folks. Only two more 2*s until I get the 25 collection bonus. And 8 (ugh) more 1 stars to immortalize for that bonus.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I got me a Professor Sato from the 40k honor behold + citation deal. Then 10k more honor got me a lousy legendary behold. I picked ambassador Soval, who was marginally the best of the batch in the big book.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Is that seven any good? I haven’t paid for the leet track yet

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Finally saved up enough dilithium (monthly card) to buy that fourth shuttle! Now the faction items should start rolling in.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Just immortalized Talos IV spock. What a pain in the rear end! Two legendary equipment at the 90+ level? Goddamn

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Goddamn I got a 5-star behold in my 10x basic rewards pull. Picked me up a mirror stamets.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Any thoughts about whether there might be a crew slot sale soon? I'm out of space and have enough dilithium for another 5 at 3000, but I'd rather wait until it's half off if that's likely to happen some time reasonably soon.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Best part of that Riva episode is one of his chorus (who gets murdered) is played by John de Lancie's wife

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
My problem lately is I'm swamped with trash-tier purples at 1/4 star. They show up on voyages, from random pulls, or during events, and then I'm stuck with them forever. I've been occupied leveling up my rares and freezing them to make space, but it's an endless battle so far. I'm hoping they open up a crew slot sale some time soon because I'm saving my dilithium for one. I'd rather not pay full price.

e: It's also a bit of a shame since the maxed out rares are more useful than the 1/4 purples to begin with, and I've been too busy treading water to clear up crew space to work on purples/golds for a while. At least I'm done with all the cadet missions so I don't actually *need* the rares anymore.

Delthalaz fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 19, 2020

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Yeah I might just start purging the bottom tier purples that I don't think I'll ever want to work on. I just picked up Lieutenant Arex Na Eth and Doctor Chapel on a voyage. Why should I keep them?

Ooh also picked up an assimilated Troi via behold. I was torn because I could have gotten a second Klingon O'Brien but Troi's a tier 1 so I grabbed her.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Is it worth it to spend dilithium on characters from faction stores? I’m on the monthly 100/day and i’m seeing some purples in faction stores for 1500 a pop that I already have, so it’d be like a citation. I’m saving the dilithium up for whenever they actually have a slot sale — i’m about 6800 right now from some achievements/campaign rewards.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Ghostlight posted:

They're quite expensive so I haven't done so. 1500 is 20 pulls on the slot machine, with a guaranteed crew if you wait for event packs.

Ah good point. I haven't ever actually bought event packs.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Ghostlight posted:

I actually highly recommend Tuvix because the moment you start building up a Tuvok all the Neelixes permanently disappear from drops.

Is this true? I almost never get the goddamn Neelix I need! My Tuvix is at 3 stars.

e: is this new vulcan collection 550 dilithium package any good?

Delthalaz fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 29, 2020

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Ghostlight posted:

It's as true as it feels! I've been sitting on a 99 Tuvok for three weeks now.

Yeah he does seem much rarer. I’ve gotten 12 or 13 tuvoks so far and i think 3 neelixes.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Does it say anywhere what score you need to crit a node and get the rare reward? I'm trying to figure out which character to level up for Episode 7/ Mission 9 on epic -- someone with prodigy/innovator engineering, but I'm not positive what score would be enough note only to pass the mission but finish the node.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Admiralty Flag posted:

Do a search for STT Wiki missions. It'll give the pass thresholds for each mission at each difficulty as well as the bonus for desired traits. I think the additional critical threshold is equal to the bonus for having a trait for the node.

E.g., if there's a node that requires SCI 200 to pass and gives +50 for Borg or Quantum Mechanics, it should take 250 to crit that node.

I could be wrong about that but that's what the pattern seemed to be, at least on the cadet missions and/or the other missions where the wiki listed the crit target number.

Ah, thanks. Yeah I looked the mission up on the wiki but I wasn’t clear on the score I would need. I think if I fully fuse mirror la forge I should have a decent chance . Unfortunately I have him at level 1/ 1 star and nobody else in my crew is a good bet. Mirror La Forge is 614 (+ 245-637) ENG and the node is 844 w/ 218 trait bonus). My other thought was Stubbs, who I at least have at 3 stars, but his fully fused eng is only 659 + 118-275.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Ghostlight posted:

It's the displayed stat requirement plus 30%.

S7E9 comes out to 1097, and Stubb's range is 695+(118-275)+218 ≤ 1188. He can do it at full stars but it might take a few tries. At 3 stars he's down 140 points of engineering which takes him below the threshold.

A fully equipped Kaminar Saru or Runaway Po can (eventually) do it on one star. Mirror Geordi has a below 10% chance on 1 star due to how much of his range is variable, but in theory he can do it.

Hmm thanks. OK so it’s display stat + 30%. I don’t have the other folks unfortunately. Maybe I’ll try it with stubbs on 4 stars - just one citation - rather than blow both this and last month’s free citation + 18,000 honor all to bring Geordie from 1 to 4 stars. That said mirror Geordi is a tier 3 vs Stubbs tier 9.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Oh poo poo- I just realized when I immortalize Temporal Shift Kes, that finishes up the rare collection at 80, so I’ll get a super rare citation, and an extra replicator use (!), plus 750 dilithium. The only 3 stars I have left to level up are Uhura, who just showed up for the first time today, Ambassador Neelix, who I’ve been using to fuse Tuvix, and a bunch of people I’ve never seen: Commander Chekov, the new picard, human Airiam, and ev suit tuvok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Seeing as Mirror La Forge was one of the ranked rewards this weekend (and I saw I wanted him last week for a node) I went through the ordeal of actually concentrating on the weekend faction event, using up a lot of my shuttle boosts including something like 50 3-star time boosts, some shuttle tokens, kept all my good characters home from voyaging to use in shuttles, set myself some reminder timers, and I managed to hit a whopping rank of 3900! A ton of work for one extra geordie. I was really hoping to get above 3000 to grab 2... don't know how people do well on these. I'm thinking about spending the 650 dilithium on an event pack for the chance that another one turns up. Does that make sense? If not, at least now I only need two citations to immortalize.