Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't wear gloves, OP. I just smoke weed while posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Vicuna fur and sveal* leather

*baby seals that are chained up like veal

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Phy posted:

Dear Strong Bad,

If I get another email asking me this...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Boxing gloves, but I have a REALLY LARGE keyboard

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Same

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
can't believe none of you have been fitted for a posting claw

laugh all you want, but we've finally gotten to a point where a lot of pros are making the switch, and with good reason
  • more consistent taps
  • greater flexibility/dynamics
  • more forceful contact (soft fingertips == absorb force == low elasticity)
  • most importantly: opens up space on your hands to combine with wrist braces (that's a Sanhori Real Poster 2 Pro in the photo, but I'm just showing off- I use a pair of Obsidian Ultras for my daily)
some people say the posting claw actually limits mobility in cross-ups, but it's not the sticking point they want you think it is. it's only a thing because haters and posters who are out of their prime and resistant to change want to make a thing. first of all, think about how often you even need do cross-ups. second, your muscle memory will adjust with practice in 2-3 weeks. once you're used to it, the posting claw nets objectively better performance overall, period.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cubone posted:

laugh all you want, but we've finally gotten to a point where a lot of pros are making the switch, and with good reason
  • more consistent taps
  • most importantly: opens up space on your hands to combine with wrist braces (that's a Sanhori Real Poster 2 Pro in the photo, but I'm just showing off- I use a pair of Obsidian Ultras for my daily)
some people say the posting claw actually limits mobility in cross-ups, but it's not the sticking point they want you think it is. it's only a thing because haters and posters who are out of their prime and resistant to change want to make a thing. first of all, think about how often you even need do cross-ups. second, your muscle memory will adjust with practice in 2-3 weeks. once you're used to it, the posting claw nets objectively better performance overall, period.

Why would you ever travel back in time if the future is that cool? :staredog:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Cubone posted:

• more consistent taps

Pfft, and leave my fingernails unprotected. Yeah right! :rolleyes:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

but fingerless.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I used to use those Kruginsu novelty posting gloves with the 4-inch plastic protrusions from the fingertips, but I wound up snapping them all off in a particularly shameful flamewar on a Microsoft Communities Message board.
Then I was using some KnuckleDuster Pros with the springs that would pull your finger back to straight after a keypress, but I had to stop when I broke a spring and my ex's cat wouldn't stop batting at the dangling metal.
After that, I tried out some of those Tawagoto brand gloves from Japan, y'know, the ones with the little bubblewrap bubbles over the fingertips? But they smelled weird and all my posts came out pretty awful.
I'm ashamed to admit I barebacked for a little while after that, but then I got a nasty fungal infection under one of my nails and freaked out.
Now I use those Sharper Image brand Telekawhatsit finger lasers and projected keyboard, but I'm really tempted by the Mindnet head-fixture thing that's supposed to let you type with your brain.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
You shoulda seen dad gay. So what’s posting gloves. They were dope af

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Whoa. Posting and masturbation glove in one??? Surely this is deserving of an infomercial.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Or at least it's own anti-bacterial dispenser

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Like gloves, but actually just layer on layer of dried cum.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Are these dishwasher safe?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

Are these dishwasher safe?

Yes, until someone volunteers to help you unload the dishwasher.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cubone posted:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whoa are those bugles? :staredog:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Peasants, all of you. I hire only the most advanced vagrant to read out my posts, and post what I say. When one of them is weary and old, they are replaced. I say, it is a rather excellent method of posting, and not the least bit wasteful for society. Unlike you plebian glove-wearing poppycocks, my hands will remain supple and soft forever, rather than knarly and calloused.

Now, I must direct dear Egbert to another thread in "GBS", before this grows droll and unamusing.

Ta-ta!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I've got a pair of fingerless silk-blends with a reinforced pinky that I keep in my car for phoneposting at work, just some no-name chinese knockoffs that I don't mind losing.

My favorites are a pair of half-backs with kangaroo leather palm and fully capped thumbs. USB active cooling for when I'm at home on the big rig, but I usually don't need it. They're from PostUSA's European lineup, got them on vacation two years ago.

I've also got some old Hatomachi and Declan pairs from back in undegrad. Gimmicky and flashy, but I hate to throw out things that aren't broken. Never know when guests might come over.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Made of a silk so thin and light that only the wise can see them.