Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Oh poo poo a MUD thread! I was big into the Iron Realms games (was a founding city head in Achaea, a newbie-helper in Imperian and dipped some toes into Lusternia) when I was in high school. Some of my friends were also into Achaea and as a result our classmates thought we were in a cult for a while because we kept talking about gods and orders and magic and stuff.

The other main one I played was AVATAR, which appears to be still running and actively updated! It's a pretty basic hack-and-slash game with 0 roleplaying and a lot of Numbers Go Up and Grinding For Gear so it was a good complement to the politics in the IRE games. No idea what the population is like these days but once every year or two I'm extremely tempted to take up playing it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU