Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
mp3gain didn't work on Jingle Bell Ragnarok, so that's going to be a bit loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: THE ALBUM IS COMPLETE! :siren:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q4r5db7nwuz0l6z/AABa8Usd4cznIL0OF_AudvS7a?dl=0

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Listening to it now!

Good job on the collecting and tagging everything and whatever else it took.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

stillvisions posted:

Yeah, that title aged especially badly.

Oh poo poo, I forgot I submitted that one back in the day. Man, I really wish I had known how to mix that better than it turned out. Maybe one year pull out the source files and try to rework it as the little lofi hip hop boy or something.

And this didn't get submitted because it doesn't really fit the theme but I did carry out my threat of the 45-minute minimalist Christmas carol thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYgCreNrMQo

That's absolutely brilliant. Bravo.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
I was rocking out to this album on gbs-fm earlier. Incredible stuff, looking forward to playing out all year. Thanks for the new tracks everyone.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Edward Mass posted:

mp3gain didn't work on Jingle Bell Ragnarok, so that's going to be a bit loud.

Oh, drat, I didn't realize it was terribly loud. Do you want me to try fiddling with the export from Audacity, or is it maybe just the result of the fact that mine's a non-music piece?

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

thanks gbs, i love it

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

It's some bug in mp3gain, where with your particular mp3 it kept saying things would clip, no matter what setting. But when analyzed by mediamonkey's auto gain thing, the file turns out to be perfectly in line with the others. Whether by coincidence or because EM fixed it some other way, there's not an actual problem now.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
Regular album contributor Hot Dad just released his Christmas track for this year, and it's by his character from Hypnospace Outlaw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftEz-m0kEWA

(Hypnospace Outlaw is a good game made by goons and you should play it. :))

Also yay, my track's the album opener!:neckbeard:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Huzzah! Another Christmas miracle!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Great album this year, thank you all for the music :toot:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Thank you for all the work you do!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Thank you :).

Is it possible that the names of the artists could be added to the track titles?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

SimonChris posted:

Thank you :).

Is it possible that the names of the artists could be added to the track titles?

Not really, I don't know how to edit these things.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Goons, you all rule. Thanks for the Xmas fun

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Edward Mass posted:

Not really, I don't know how to edit these things.

Use any mp3 playing program and you can edit the ID3 information.

Edit: or MP3 Tag

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001
Yaaay! Thanks everyone for their contributions to another Awful Christmas!

Just kidding. I've raised my adopted kids on these songs. It's taken 5 years for my youngest to start calling them "Dad's Christmas Songs" instead of singing along to Ho Ho Ho It's Christmastime.

And then I start to think the magic is gone. And then my daughters and I break into a sing-along of Taco Bell Christmas and everything is right in the world again.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
Youtube playlist is up. No muting casualties again this year. :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzOpjaOcy_bpAM_4Nh5Njy81zcFDaNL-l

By the way, my husband came up behind me while I was rendering the videos and said that the album cover was terrifying.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
A new Christmas tune from hot dad, who used to take part in these forums

https://youtu.be/ftEz-m0kEWA

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Adnachiel posted:

Regular album contributor Hot Dad just released his Christmas track for this year, and it's by his character from Hypnospace Outlaw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftEz-m0kEWA

(Hypnospace Outlaw is a good game made by goons and you should play it. :))

Also yay, my track's the album opener!:neckbeard:

derp posted:

A new Christmas tune from hot dad, who used to take part in these forums

https://youtu.be/ftEz-m0kEWA

Same page.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

It's alarming how listening to the completed album every year on Christmas Eve actually gets me back in the spirit just in time every year. It's right up there with falling asleep to the Muppet Christmas Carol.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

ManiacClown posted:

:black101: Hail Odin! My 2019 Submission is under the world tree Yggdrasil! :black101:

https://soundcloud.com/nick-zachariasen/jingle-bell-ragnarokEDIT: Original version

EDIT FOR FIXED VERSION WITH THE SOUND EFFECTS I FORGOT THE FIRST TIME

I came up with this in I think 2016 but way too late to do it that year. In 2017 and 2018 I forgot until it was too late but I at least had it mostly written this time last year; I'd just run out of time. I finally produced it and I think had I not been playing as much Fallout: New Vegas I could have put more polish on it— like footsteps in the snow, some of which I tried to record today but couldn't really get any clean samples thanks to not only cars but also planes and train horns. In the end, though, I think it turned out O.K. Well, O.K. except for my attempts at Nordic accents. With Frosty I went for making the classic cartoon Frosty Finnish and instead he ended up sounding like Bela Lugosi fused with Hedonism Bot and in both cases I probably sounded more Slavic than Scandinavian, but I don't care because I achieved! I did all the voices myself, processing only a bit in some obvious places.

In case anybody wants to read the script, here you go. I set scenes for myself even though this was audio only. I figured it helped me get into the scene.

EDIT: I just realized there was a sound effect or two I forgot to put in. I might fix it tomorrow night if I still have time. Is that 11:59 Eastern?

Jesus Christ this is a true work of art

edit: I give up, googling 'Jülalvar' only returns your post from years ago. What's the intended translation/joke?

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 25, 2019

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Atoramos posted:

Jesus Christ this is a true work of art

edit: I give up, googling 'Jülalvar' only returns your post from years ago. What's the intended translation/joke?

It's Yule + the plural of "alf," the original "elf", therefore "Yule elves." I don't know if that would be considered a correct linguistic construction, but it works enough for these purposes.

Just so I know, did anyone pick up on my subtle implication re: Balder?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

ManiacClown posted:

It's Yule + the plural of "alf," the original "elf", therefore "Yule elves." I don't know if that would be considered a correct linguistic construction, but it works enough for these purposes.

Just so I know, did anyone pick up on my subtle implication re: Balder?

I am not an expert on Scandinavian lore, and I doubt many other Goons are (but I could be wrong).

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Edward Mass posted:

I am not an expert on Scandinavian lore, and I doubt many other Goons are (but I could be wrong).

I went off "svartalvar" (dark elves) so the "Jul" bit is the only point of concern. As far as the implication, I implied through parts of some lines that Balder was so pissed at being dead that he became the Krampus.

By the way, I'm about to start streaming all* these on ghettoradio.us. Yes, your browser still needs Flash for the in-browser player to work. It is Ghetto, after all.

Edit: * For some reason I don't have last year's album.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 25, 2019

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Jiminy bollocks. There's enough SA Christmas music that it's still playing as of this post, having gotten into this album somewhere around 20 minutes ago.

EDIT: Wow, I wish I'd listened to my intro. That wasn't really audible over the sleigh bells, was it?

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 26, 2019

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

ManiacClown posted:

Edit: * For some reason I don't have last year's album.
It's linked for download in the OP!

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Thanks for making everything festive everyone. I hope the new year is kind and gives us the energy to make Goon Christmas 12 just as special.

Gonna close out 2019 in style with Goon classics like this one: https://saxmas.robotcousin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/auldlangsyne.mp3

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Grammarchist posted:

Thanks for making everything festive everyone. I hope the new year is kind and gives us the energy to make Goon Christmas 12 just as special.

Gonna close out 2019 in style with Goon classics like this one: https://saxmas.robotcousin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/auldlangsyne.mp3

Every New Year's Eve I celebrate the stroke of midnight by bringing a speaker outside and blaring this track into the neighborhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

Okay then!

2019 SUBMISSION 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ah770jleorsw0i/AlwaysFelizNavidad.mp3?dl=0

It's pretty :effort:, but things have been too crazy for me to follow my grand plans. I MIGHT have another last minute addition from Pastor Ned if I have the time.

I hate (love) you for this, I've had Feliz Navidad stuck in my brain on repeat for almost a week now.

Great work across the board, thank you so much again, goons! It wouldn't feel like Christmas without 'those terrible songs', like my SO likes to call your contributions. :allears: