Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my name is john carter

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/harrison-ford-to-star-in-apple-tv-series-from-ted-lasso-team-1235124956/

I hadn't seen any posts about this show yet, Harrison Ford has signed on to a new Bill Lawrence/Brett Goldstein show also written/produced by/starring Jason Segel, called "Shrinking"

quote:

The series, picked up in October 2021, centers a grieving therapist (Segel) who begins to break the rules and tell his clients exactly what he thinks. Ignoring his training and ethics, he finds himself making huge changes to people’s lives — including his own.

Ford will play Dr. Phil Rhodes, a down to earth and sharp “blue collar shrink” and pioneer in cognitive behavioral therapy. He shares a practice with two of his protégés, Jimmy (Segel) and Gaby, and has recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s, which forces him out of his comfort zone as he deals with intrusive friends, his estranged family, and his legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my name is john carter

here's an interview Brendan Hunt did: https://teddington.nub.news/news/local-news/up-close-ted-lassos-coach-beard-opens-up-on-richmond-pubs-and-football-135969

he mentions in the very last question that this will be the final year of Ted Lasso

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my name is john carter

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1570851089779691520

there was also an article the other day, can't find it now, about how Bill Lawrence is not very well liked on set and he has taken some major steps back from s3 and hasn't been there for most of it. wonder if we're about to get a disaster of an ending

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my name is john carter

im dumb and didnt see that the Bill Lawrence news is in fact in that link in the tweet

quote:

Warners also pays profit participants out of the premium, and on Lasso there are two major participants: Sudeikis, and executive producer Bill Lawrence, who was the showrunner of Seasons 1 and 2. Lawrence isn’t really considered the creative engine of this show, but he was an experienced adult in the room. This season, he’s not on set in the U.K. because he’s back home working on other Warners shows, like the in-production Bad Monkey with Vince Vaughn, which is also for Apple TV+. Lawrence is an interesting piece of the Lasso puzzle; the Scrubs and Cougar Town creator was ice cold after a few flops. Now, thanks to Lasso, he’s got a massive new overall deal at Warners, and his backends were largely bought out in a recent renegotiation. He wasn’t particularly well-liked on set, but it’ll be interesting to see what Season 3 looks like with less of his input.

the tl;dr of it all is that the show is coming in 20-30% over budget, Jason Sudeikis decided after the cast arrived in London that the season needed major re-writes, filming began in March but has been stop and start ever since, the show was originally going to be airing now-ish, the cast are all getting grumpy because their careers are getting bigger but they've been tied to the production nightmare and can't get out to do any of the new offers coming their way - and because of course it can't end there,

quote:

And, worse, Warner Bros. is holding the actors not just until the end of this season, whenever that may be, but for a potential fourth season next year—even though Sudeikis has said repeatedly that he wants to end the show at three.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my name is john carter

smoobles posted:

The Severance finale had me screaming at my TV, is there any news of a season 2 release date?

filming starts in October, runs until May. next fall, maybe?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my name is john carter

https://twitter.com/appletvplus/status/1575501375017914372

hooray

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my name is john carter

Chairman Capone posted:

Yeah, that first episode was a shocker, too. What was the reason for that? Did F. Murray Abraham not want to risk his health by working with a lot of actors around?

it was announced in April originally with no reason given and no details at all have come out since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my name is john carter

missin CW for sure, and also the NFT stuff has been dire. having the grounded, principled gamer tell us that you can make NFTs that Care about the player, jesus christ just shut the gently caress up Rob