Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Was there a popular opinion on 1971? It's a series on the relationship between culture change and music. We liked it, although it's almost more of a history doc than a music doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JohnnyQPublic posted:

Is this show worth a watch? I just finished the first novel and loved it, it was a great crime/spy novel and I'm curious as to how it translates.

I got a vaguely Coen Brothers vibe, it felt solidly dark comedy to me. I enjoyed it.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A couple of short series- Slow Horses (darkly comedic British spy craft). Also Prehistoric Planet is pretty darn cool if you have any interest in nature documentaries.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

What show is this?

Bad Sisters.

It's probably our favorite show rolling out right now except for Res Dogs. I hope Claes Bang gets an Emmy nomination for the performance because he really hits all the buttons in every scene perfectly.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dang, I just finished Severance too. I thought 2 seasons were out already. fuuuuuuuuuck.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

At the end of Bad Sisters last week I was praying they wouldnít do this exact thing but of course they did

Season was either too long or too many episodes. Itís not fun watching them gently caress up killing such an awful character THIS often

I did not expect becka killing JP's mom -- that was pretty tragic . I actually find all the failed attempts pretty funny, that's kind of the whole point of the show. The thing that drags for me is the Becca and Matt round and round. Every episode is like "I hate you you're a liar" "Lets gently caress".

I guess we'll see how they wrap this up but yeah, this would have been a lot tighter as an 8ep season rather than 10.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Bad Sisters finale was very good

Agreed! Great payoff with the reveals. The season overall was pretty great. Maybe it could have been trimmed by an episode or two but overall it ruled.
I guessed the two main twists a week or two ago that Grace killed him and that the Claffins would trade dropping the claim for not exposing the murder , although I did not expect that the neighbor helped with staging the body, or that JP raped Eva, loving gross, although it explains the special contempt and animosity between the two of them..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just got notification about the $2 price increase. Itís still way cheaper than most of the other services but thereís not enough new content for me to subscribe year round anymore.