Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Genuinely thought See is one of the most embarrassing shows I have seen in a while, which is a bummer since I like Peaky Blinders a lot.

They do nothing to make the whole blindness aspect interesting or different, everything just feels like a bunch of people who can see acting like people who can't, the writing is loving abysmal, they add a bunch of "this is gonna be the next Game of Thrones for sure guys!!" tropes like an evil queen who masturbates while praying and random incest out of nowhere. Man, best thing I can say about it is that it's not boring, but it is immensely stupid (the whole Shadow thing is just :psyduck:).

I definitely don't think I want to keep up with it unless I hear it gets super good. I honestly feel like it could have been more interesting if they went for deafness instead or just fuckin' didn't have to rely on a gimmick that seems largely pointless to begin with. It doesn't make for an interesting world, they have no distinct culture (outside of putting up chimes in random places), the whole thing just makes me wish someone would make a show based on Horizon: Zero Dawn, which actually has some interesting stuff going on in a similar space.

Popelmon posted:

See is dumb as poo poo but I enjoyed it a lot. Feels like a Syfy show with a Game of Thrones budget.

Yeah this ain't wrong, I get the sense that some people will enjoy it but nooooot I.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I thought the first episode of For All Mankind was interesting, but hollow, and it didn't really set up any interesting plot hooks. This was almost immediately remedied with episodes 2 and 3 - the Von Braun stuff was great, and pivoting to Tracy instead of Joel Kinnaman was a good move since he's been the least interesting character by far.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

This episode of For All Mankind was crazy. It's kind of slow for the whole episode and then a whole bunch of stuff happens right at the end.

It's a very weirdly paced show, but man I'm really into it. Can't say it feels similar to any other show in recent memory, it reminds me more of something that would come out in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The underwater launch rocket is significant because it was a real planned project that never ended up happening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Dragon_(rocket)

Basically it means that ALL the money got poured into space travel.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Astro7x posted:

My wife just got a new iPhone so I guess we're getting a year of this for free.

If you do the trial, do you have to wait until the end to cancel or can you just cancel auto renew automatically and not have it end instantly?

First one, unlike every other service of its kind, you can't just cancel until you are ready to stop using it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Did no one watch Lisey’s Story? I don’t think I’ve seen a single person online talk about it

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That looks nice :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I got mad at the Sam Neill bait and switch and stopped watching it after like 3 episodes. The cast wasn't good enough to carry it.