Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

sam nooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I think it would be funny if Sam and Nate bumble their way into a "nice guy gone mad with power" showdown against each other.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i know that it isn't sam's style, i just think it would be a funny plot line

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

swickles posted:

Hard agree. I would rather the story dictate the time than ad breaks and TV scheduling.

both sentiments can be true. some show makers appreciate being able to cut episodes to different lengths. some viewers appreciate having a consistent episode length

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

My only complaint with the episode is I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pinball machine in that kind of place. Loved the episode from start to end.

amusement machines are pretty common in pubs/bars

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

LionArcher posted:

Calling Roy’s lack of caring about the kiss a micro aggression is dumb.

i would say that nate's low self esteem is the lens through which that action gets interpreted as a micro-aggression. if nate had a more well-balanced state of mind in that moment, he wouldn't see it as a micro aggression because he would be able to realize the difference between "coworker acts out office crush inappropriately one time" versus "former shithead-boyfriend tells old flame he still loves her". but because of nate's inferiority issues, he uses that interaction to reinforce his idea that he's not important enough for to roy to have a strong emotion about

i don't see any big problems in the tweet by nick mohamed, even if some of the items are really subtle things that i would probably never pick up on during a first viewing. looking back on this season, i thought nate's slide into depression and resentment might be one of the more well done character arcs of the season. and that kind of gets at one thing i didn't like about this season, that being that a lot of the character arcs felt kind of meandering or confused. nate's story this season isn't the most epic "sad guy turns into bad guy" of all time, but i thought it was fairly well done as its own little self contained story

one thing i'm curious about in terms of my "meandering" comment above is that i wonder if i'd have the same opinion if i had watched this season's episodes all back-to-back. i sometimes forget little details if i don't keep a story fresh enough in my mind to remember them all

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

yeah i never got the impression that nate is being hyped by anyone as the biggest soccer genius in the world or anything like that

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

bold move in foundation to just crib the opening sequence of an elder scrolls game :razz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i like the jon stewart show. it is basically an extended form of the segments i liked from his incarnation of the daily show: silly monologue jokes plus some bits of reporter-y research into societal issues, so i guess it makes sense that i would like it

e: it looks like the first season is only 4 episodes long, but apple has said there will be multiple seasons https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Problem_with_Jon_Stewart