Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I just binged Foundation and I was engrossed the whole time. I can't understand why this show got panned or suffered from a poor reception.

Lee Pace is amazing as usual. I'm unfamiliar with Asimov's work and never read the books. I would imagine much of the criticism comes from book purists who expected or hoped for a 1:1 adaptation?

Can't wait for season 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

the only compelling part of the show

For me the compelling part is: a mathematical algorithm told me society is gonna collapse and this is how we preserve a remnant.

Clone emperor is cool, I like their FTL technology, settings and different planets and cultures are all cool, uploading consciousness is cool, Demerzel is cool. I love it all.