Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Roy's reaction to Phoebe's breath had me rolling. Plus it had Rebecca sing, Isaac's Santa costume, and the return of the ussie guy. Yes, it was a Christmas episode, and no it didn't really drive the season's story, but goddamn that was a great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I kind of hate the cliche of the romcom run so from that perspective the episode didn't work for me. That being said, there was still a lot I did enjoy, like everything about how Rebecca pumps herself up for meetings from the way the shot was framed to Keeyley's reaction to it. I also remain fascinated by what they're doing with Nate because he's the lone discordant note on the SS AFC Richmond good times boat. And of course, Higgins is great.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nate's a little poo poo so whatever, but I swear to loving god show, if you break up Roy and Keeley we will have loving words :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/djkevlar/status/1439805801179222022
It's good to see they're enjoying their moment.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

njsykora posted:

No, you’re meant to be paying to not have the ads. Not paying then paying more to not have ads. Most streaming services will do a pre-roll trailer for something else (that you can skip) but not have full bore ad breaks, that’s meant to be the whole point.

Tell that to discovery+, Hulu, Paramont+, and Peacock.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Peacock at least has the decency to be free.

The mid-tier Peacock "Premium" plan also has ads.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It was an entire NBC marketing campaign :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The scene where Ted read the letter was brilliant nonverbal acting by Sudekis and Sarah Niles. Who cares what the letter said, their faces told you the story. I also enjoyed the Good Will Hunting reference at the end where Ted stole Sharon's move.

Nate's a poo poo, you hate to see it

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It's funny, when I saw that last shot of Nate my immediate reaction was "they turned him into Mourinho!" So I appreciated seeing Nick Mohammed making that exact comparison.

Strong finale, my big prediction for next year is that Nate's going to get fired from West Ham halfway through the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Just in case anyone was wondering, Echo 3 is very not good.

I watched the first episode of that, the circumstances around the inciting incident in South America (which doesn't get explained until the end of the episode) seemed tremendously dumb.