Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah it’s better than most modern British spy shows for sure. Great stuff.

Pachinko also continues to be very good and moving

What other modern spy shows came out? I'm rather disconnected from British TV, but love the pulpy lunacy of something like Line of Duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

About to watch Season 2 but the first season REALLY wrote themselves into a corner.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Slow Horses gives me Bosch vibes, in the best way.

Nothing transcendant but just really, really well crafted. Both have a knack for knowing where to adapt, where to cut, and where to leave well enough alone with the original sources.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

You're the worst is loving great. Will probably stick with Hello Tomorrow! for a few more episodes solely because of Falk

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The last time I read a "showrunners hate each other" story was with Unreal.

The show with one of the steepest quality declines of all time.

Bodes well for Severance!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Hijack is nearly as dumb as Treason. And I don't mean that entirely as an insult.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

One of my favorite trope terms is The Idiot Ball. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IdiotBall

In Hijack, EVERYONE is holding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Afterparty was canceled. Kinda've bummed about it, but Season 2 was a big step back.