Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Apple seems to be celebrating the arrival of Foundation and has released all of the shows that normally have new episodes on Friday early (I believe it’s 3 hours earlier than normal?)

This also specifically includes Foundation too so there that.

If you’re a person who avoids the internet with a passion until you can watch the episode yourself… well, you’ll need to start that now. (Or enjoy watching things early tonight!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Honestly, I kind of wonder if this will all end up with the last episode this season getting them back by the smallest of margins into the Premier League, only to have Sam on another team (probably Rupert's) Nate leading said team and outting the other coaching staff's confessions from the episode a couple back which would lead to probably either a gutting of the staff or other fallout. If Sam and Rebecca get outted into the press, it is easily possible that they'll lose their current sponsor due to it being their app that got them together.

Honestly, thinking about it a bit more here, I believe the worst case scenario would be that Rupert let go of his shares because all this is going to come out into the open (either naturally or via Nate), the fans and board will side with him and he'll come riding in like a white knight to swoop in, fire the coaching staff, put Nate in as coach, devestating everyone and being the ultimate revenge on Rebecca. And everything will look like it was both Ted's personal issues that pulled the team down and that Rebecca was too distracted/too bad at her job because it's half true and Rupert would absolutely do this. This being the "analog to the Empire Strikes Back" makes me think that while Season 1's ending episode was devestating but had hope to it at the end, that Season 2's ending episode will absolutely be crushing even more so.

Which will make this feel even more awesome when they (or whatever team makeup they've got) manage to come back from and crush Manchester City in the finals in the final episode of Season 3

Also on a non-spoilery note, did anyone else notice that Ted started swearing more in this episode? I feel like that while his outward persona of super nice guy that he projects helped to also protect him from dealing with his issues, it might also be the others around him rubbing off on him a bit. Or that's what he's really like but it seemed way more evident in this episode than the rest. Could just be me though.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Kingtheninja posted:

Does anyone remember what the song easy lover was referencing? I thought it was mentioned earlier in the season but can't recall.

I’m not sure the exact episode but Ted had mentioned something along the lines of that it shouldn’t take any longer than the duration of Easy Lover to get dressed in the morning iirc. (I may be butchering the exact circumstances/quote a bit, apologies)

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

You know, thinking back on it… did we ever see Nate with an iPhone in this series (so far)?

Overall, while it may not have felt as super over-the-top good feelings, I still liked this season. I keep coming back to some of the scenes I enjoyed (the last 5 mins of “Rainbow”, Isaac’s night soccer game to get his confidence back, Jamie and the “signal”) too which is nice.

I’m sure there’s more to digest but it’s been neat to come here every week and see what everyone else thinks of the newest episode. Looking forward to S3!

Seiyal fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 10, 2021