Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Twerkdad posted:

The gut punching does not stop this episode either, good lord.

Considering that there is only one more episode left in season one, I'm guessing that Ed, being a relatively generic main protagonist, didn't actually murder the cosmonaut that came looking for help. More likely he doesn't trust him after the earlier tense encounter with the hammer and wants him unconscious (to tie him up without risk, maybe), rather than letting him into the base while he himself has no backup.

Or maybe the events of the previous episode actually made him snap completely, and season two begins with his murder trial!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

For All Mankind honestly deserves its own thread. I didn't even notice this one on my first pass searching for the show a while back!

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Killer robot posted:

Obviously it's a world where the N1 wasn't a total clusterfuck, but in the real world it was badly underfunded and the chief designer died suddenly a few years before Apollo 11. Without that who knows if they could have made things work. And like I said, the show doesn't say more about the Russians than you would see on American TV at the time so who knows how much earlier their timeline diverged.

By all means it's a smaller leap than literally any "What if the Nazis won WW2" alternate history.

It's been mentioned before in this thread, but Korolev doesn't die after a botched routine surgery in the series' timeline. That seems to be the one big initial point of divergence.