Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Azhais posted:

I want to say the championship plays 40-something games a year (it's been a while since I forayed into the English leagues in FM), as far as we know they started with 8 draws, then started losing. I'm not sure they've actually said how many games they've played up to this point but it seems like there's plenty of time left to dig themselves out.

They'd need top 6 to get to the promotion playoff. If they started like 0-8-8 that'd be one hell of a run of wins to get there most seasons

At Christmas they were 4-4-11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Azhais posted:

I missed that, thanks!

So 23 points in 19 games, that's totally recoverable

Sorry I was wrong, I just went back and looked and its 4-4-14

I assume the 26 is games left?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I dont look forward to seeing what Nate turns into after whatever it was Rupert said to him. I really havent been enjoying them dragging out that plotline all season long.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

njsykora posted:

I think at this point Nate is irredeemable, he’s going to crash and burn or find a place his attitude is rewarded (like whatever club Rupert’s involved with now). I think he’s going to leave Richmond.

He's going to end up being the manager of Rupert's new team next season but I assume he'll get fired by mid season and Ted will forgive him and let him back into the fold.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Oh Nate you have the technical know how but you lack the confidence or skill as an actual head coach.
That story line was my least favorite of the entire season. Although I do like how they've been having his hair go grey all season and now thats he's at Rupert's club he's tried to dye it.

Oh no Sam dont start a restaurant thats like the biggest trap for pro athletes. I know its not an end to his and Rebecca's relationship but I really wish it was. It has just never sat right for me even though I predicted it would happen well before it was shown. Maybe if it wasnt the age difference AND the power difference it wouldnt be so bad but it is. It would be just as bad a thing if the roles were reversed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Cojawfee posted:

I'm sure there will be some sort of scene where Rupert brags about snatching up Nate and then it hopefully backfires when Nate isn't actually all that great of a coach. I'm guessing Nate starts out ok, then eventually gets in over his head, the team starts sucking, Rupert hires an actual coach who belittles Nate, then Nate realizes what he's lost and attempts to redeem himself by helping out Richmond at the end of the season or something dumb like that.

I'm sure Nate is great when it comes to strategy but he obviously lacks any sort of interpersonal skills. He's not too far removed from the guy who couldnt get a table for his parents at a restaurant. I'm going to bet he decides to run his team like its the military to be completely opposite of how Ted does it. Which might work if the team was some low level or some high school team but its not going to fly at that kind of level and he lacks the personality to make it even slightly work. You cant go into the bathroom and spit at the mirror every time a player has an issue with how you're doing things. There will probably be a player revolt at some point mid season which results in Nate getting sacked.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 13, 2021