Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Finished season 2 of Mythic Quest and I enjoyed it a lot, but I really do not care one bit about the playtesters as characters and I don't think they add anything to the show. Less of them and more of anything else for season 3, hopefully.

One other thing that bugged me, and it's real minor and not even about the quality of the show but the second to last episode ends with the Willy Nelson version of The Rainbow Connection playing but it's timed to play over the credits and it cuts off right before the songs refrain! Just have it start like 5 seconds earlier and it would end perfectly as the verse ends! Why go through the trouble of getting a song and then go and cut the legs off by a few seconds when it could end perfectly otherwise? I know this is a very much me thing but I notice when this constantly happens in shows and it kills me every time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I've only watched the first episode of Physical but as someone who has always had issues with food the whole thing with her berating herself all day about food and then finally just snapping and binging on a bunch of garbage but saying it wont happen again (it will) is pretty much exactly how it goes in real life.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I dunno about the whole series but there is a content warning message at the start of the first episode.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I don't know if anyone else is watching Central Park but I watched season 2 episode 6 last night and the main story was nice but it ends on a 6 minute long dialogue free violin solo and it got me a little teary eyed. Good stuff

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Bill Lawrence is one of the co-creators of Ted Lasso. You can make a number of criticisms about Scrubs but cynical isn't one of them.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Graphite dust is combustible, probably not what you want floating around you in a highly oxygenated environment in outer space.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
It's not too bad, but they definitely take liberties with what MMOs are and how they're played. Honestly the most unrealistic thing is when one character asks the lead programmer to "teach them to code" which is like asking your doctor to teach you medicine.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Normal human man Roy Kent travels to Pennsylvania and has an encounter with regular human bartender Jackie Daytona.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Dear apple, if you're going to make hour plus long shows maybe design your dumb app with the ability to keep track of the progress so the viewer doesn't have to constantly fast forward back to resume the episode. I'm sorry I had to do the unthinkable and pause an episode for more than a few moments to do something else, but this is a standard feature of literally ever other streaming service I have so there's no real excuse.

Thank you, now please continue arguing over Ted Lasso.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I'm using a 4k fire stick.

e: I literally just paused an episode of Foundation that I was 90% of the way through, backed out to the series page and when I select the same episode my only option is the play from the beginning so I dunno. I'll try reinstalling the app, maybe that will fix it.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 3, 2021

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

MiddleOne posted:

You're using a what now

An extremely uncommon streaming device sold by a small, independent company named amazon.com

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
He is a funny character actor so people will always be happy when people like that pop up.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Catching up with the thread and it's crazy how weekly v. binge-watching changes the Ted Lasso experience. I just did season 2 over a few days and I absolutely adored the bonus episodes and I'm pretty sure I'd feel the opposite if I'd been blue-balled on the plot continuing.

I think is more of a personality thing than format thing, I am a proponent of weekly drops and I enjoyed both of the "bonus" episodes, but I also don't mind when shows take their time getting to wherever they're headed. Beard wandering around for a night by himself to sort out his feelings would work for me in any context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Detroiters