Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I think the Morning Show is supposed to be at least slightly ironic in that they spend so much time and effort on something people put on to eat breakfast to. there are scenes like Alex chopping wood in her cabin before being brought back for one last job or Bradley having a freak out and then having to do a puff piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

yoooooo that was a very good Morning Show episode. the Mia stuff especially. Bradley’s brother can gently caress off though

that was great. its like a prestige soap opera

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

Look, my love of Anne Hathaway is overriding my dislike of Jared Leto.

And look, Leto is very good at playing up his lizard persona in this, to the point where he's genuinely really funny. His speech about "living for disruption" in episode one is really, really funny. Leveraging Leto to mock the poo poo out of this psychopath and people like him is just a fundamentally smart way of harnessing his talents, like when Brian Taylor employed Nicolas Cage in Mom and Dad.

yes theyre both very good, which is badly needed because the show itself is told in the most obvious and straightforward way possible

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Metis of the Hallways posted:

Pachinko is wonderful. I love how they've adapted it so far.

its very good. like a real proper tv show you know

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its barely a workplace let alone videogame company show this season. they joke about the former tester hanging around but really what was the point of her leaving if she’s going to be in every episode

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Hijack was very stupid (though I did watch the whole thing so who’s the stupid one) but its interesting just how much of an international show it was. we’ve come a long way since 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Slow Horses season 1 was fun but season 2 is no bueno. its just a regular boring spy show now?