Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Did Jon Stewart’s show get canceled? I thought there was supposed to be one this week and the TV database sites no longer list any upcoming episodes, but I don’t see any news about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

smackfu posted:

Looking through upcoming Apple+ shows and I don’t know who reads these descriptions and thinks they want to watch this.

I’m not sure if it’s better or worse than the true description:

quote:

This film stars Samuel L. Jackson.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I don’t know if he can maintain it given the show’s inconsistent quality to date, but the first episode of the new season of The Problem with Jon Stewart was really great.

Even the interview segment was solid, because instead of trying to talk about the economy with Janet Yellen, or trying to talk about the stock market with the SEC chair, he was on a topic and with an individual where he couldn’t get bogged down by ever knowing less about any aspect of the debate. Just full-bore, Crossfire-appearance, your argument is bullshit, here’s all the reasons why and you have nothing.

I know winning a debate with the AG of Arkansas isn’t going to do poo poo, but it was nevertheless satisfying to watch. And maybe *because* Stewart has been a bit both sides lately, people who hadn’t learned much on trans issues will take notice of such a full-throated defense. On the other hand, maybe he’s become too irrelevant for it to matter anymore.

They also cut all the writers’ room scenes which, while I didn’t hate them, always felt like a waste of time.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I was excited about Shrinking, and I’m not saying that I’ll write it off entirely… but the trailer was not great and it’s definitely fallen on my priority list.

https://youtu.be/YjHfjQDWl1A

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
The problem is that there isn’t a great name for the specific wet bulb temperature at which the body can no longer cool itself.

So people have been referring to it as “wet bulb conditions” and “the wet bulb temperature”.

We should spend time workshopping a good name for it instead of going around in circles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
It sounds like maybe it ended alright, but I didn’t care for the episode; it wasn’t really connected to the climate change theme like the other stories and I didn’t like the character.

I stopped watching when he decided to charge the lady for sex. I get that he was desperate but that’s very low. Also the whole idea where the little girl has been lied to by everyone to the point that she’s calling him “daddy” is hosed up. Also the whole story. I guess that’s the point but it made me lose interest in the show altogether.