Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I am really loving For All Mankind. It's so good and I love Apollo stuff. I really hope that this expanded apollo program means they never move to the space shuttle and they keep launching space dicks into the sky.

I wonder if Ted Kennedy telling Nixon that he's going to pardon him is because it was part of the deal to get the ERA passed, or if it is because Kennedy thinks he could be impeached over what he did to get the ERA and he's pardoning Nixon to set a precedent that criminal presidents get pardons. I guess it's just me sperging too hard, but Nixon doesn't have to accept the pardon (as it would be an admission of guilt) and just tell Kennedy to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

I think the pacing is fine, but being on Apple TV whatever is definitely hurting it. I haven't heard anyone talk about the service at all. The one person I did hear say something about it was on a podcast and said there weren't any shows on it. it was renewed for a second season, so hopefully someone there believes in it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Baronash posted:

I really like that they're dropping shows weekly. My wife and I are watching The Morning Show, and we're actually discussing television again. We haven't done that in years, and I mostly fault the switch to binge-watching. Even when we would only get 1 or 2 episodes in a night, it still just felt asinine to discuss where we think the next episode will go when it's already available.

And for me personally, the same thing happened as far as posting in TVIV. A show would drop and within 2 days the discussion was about the season as a whole, and a week later everyone has said everything they wanted to about it.

While I don't like having to wait a whole week to see an episode, being able to watch a bunch at once is really bad for me because I will watch all of them in one sitting.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

This episode of For All Mankind was crazy. It's kind of slow for the whole episode and then a whole bunch of stuff happens right at the end.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Makes sense as that was when RDM had his biggest shows.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

I spent the entire time thinking "what the gently caress is happening, why is this happening?" Which I guess is what she was thinking as well. So I'm guessing the favor Mitch is asking her to do is to bring to light that the network swept him raping her under the rug by just promoting her?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

I've never had a show make me feel as anxious as I did when Gordo wanted to take his helmet off on the moon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Holy loving poo poo that For All Mankind Episode. Insane how the one guy is totally vaporized by the J-2's exhaust plume and that wasn't even acknowledged by anyone. Though, I am guessing it will serve a purpose later to open up a seat on 24 for Ed when they decide to cliffhanger cancel the whole program until season 2. They will get 24 back on course (seems obvious, the S-IVB ends up with extra fuel that was used to either send it into solar orbit or crash into the moon), and then pick up Ed. Something will happen to deal with the fall-out of him attempting to murder the Russian. I'm guessing the end of the episode will be a congressional hearing about whether they really need a moon base if the human cost and threat of war with Russia is so high.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

It is very obviously an alternate history where things happened differently, but that doesn't stop space youtubers from getting up in arms about how something just isn't possible and they are freaking out that maybe people will think it was possible for the Russians to get to the moon. But the truth is that regular viewers don't give a poo poo if things are drastically different or not possible with the technology of the time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

God drat both For All Mankind and The Morning Show had insane finales. I can't wait to see where these shows go.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Aw man, I was hoping that when they showed off that sea launched rocket that it meant they would be diverging from history and not use the space shuttle.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

kanonvandekempen posted:

Can someone explain what the significance was of the post credits scene in season 1? What is the significance of doing a partial underwater launch, and what is special about the new rocket?

It was a Sea Dragon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Dragon_%28rocket%29 . We won't know why they used it until next season if at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Apparently production is back on for For All Mankind.