Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Tonight's Duke v. Kansas, Michigan State v. Kentucky.

Gonna take a shot every time an announcer starts talking about the possible KU violations and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Not a hugely impressive start considering how much more experienced Kansas is over Duke.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Really not great tonight. Duke had our number defensively, and I'm not sure how great the two post lineup worked for Self. I don't know why we went back to that, we've done a lot better the past few years with more dedication to wing players, and now we've gone back to a style of play that works less in modern basketball than ever. I dunno about that one.

Other striking thing was lack of playmaking by anyone who wasn't Agbaji or very occasionally Dotson. Azubuike looks like his game hasn't really gotten better in his year out and Garrett is still such a role player being asked more than in his actual skillset.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 6, 2019

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

EVANSVILLE, BITCH

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I like that a 5 point lead with 2:30 left in OT feels absolutely insurmountable in this terrible game.

Having said that this is way more than I expected out of Mizzou.

oh buddy, you should've seen the end of that kentucky game, 3 points was an insurmountable lead somehow

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Lending Seton Hall my energy.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Am I a douche for being annoyed with Tom Izzo "apologizing" for his team losing, as if the only way they could lose isn't being outplayed, it's that they've somehow been "lazy?" It's not like VT is some division II team either. Maybe I'm over-reading it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

yo, gently caress duke

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

why does espn+ exist

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Missed the first half, how did Baylor kick Kansas's rear end so much?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Well, piss.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Matey posted:

k-state beat #12 west virginia. wtf.....

beat baylor and i'll venmo you my life savings

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kansas looking way better than they did. I mean, Okie State's the competition, sure, but still, Azubuike looking really active, really aware, you love to see it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Sic em bears, gently caress a jayhawk

strong disagree

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

We're picking up way too many fouls though, that could easily kill us this game.

I'd love to win this game just to get back that Sssweet Big XII Champ Train, but definitely writing in Baylor for the championship in the bracket, really haven't seen a team as good as this in 2020, but then, I haven't watched enough.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 22, 2020

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'd like Baylor fans more if they were 825% less Texan.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

drat, Baylor's good. Good game.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Next two minutes gonna make or break Texas Tech's season, methinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

Tech moved up in NET rating after the loss. I think the math works out that no matter the result, they'll move up in NET again after Kansas. I do think that the team needs to win 1 still to stay off everyone's bubble watch, but I don't think that they miss the NCAA's. The highest ranked NET team to miss the NCAA's last year was 33.

Sucks that they couldn't upset Baylor at home, though.

If they stay this competitive and do less turnovers, they can always make a run in the conference tournament too. It's a weird year, one that I haven't paid too much attention to, so I don't actually know how crowded the bubble is, but if I were the committee, I'd try to figure out what Chris Beard and Ramsey can do if given some more chances.