Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Nojel Eastern to the locker room with a non-contact wrist injury?

And, he's back. Along with Haarms and Wheeler one of three guys Purdue can't lose this year.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Matt Haarms: 16 pts, 7 reb, 7 blocks. 5-6 FG, 2-2 3FG, 4-5 FT

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

What an absolute pants making GBS threads by Purdue. 3 turnovers w/ less than 2 to go and a 2 possession lead, and tons of missed shots in the paint and at the rim.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Kentucky trails Evansville 34-30 at the half. They have 11 turnover and 9 made field goals.

Purple Aces!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Well, that's it for Walter McCarty, on to bigger and better things.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Louisville knows how to handle the bullies from the MVC.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue up 12 at Marquette, but 1-8 from the FT line and 3 blown fast breaks.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue Purdue-ing it up, 18 point 1st half lead now a 2 point deficit because of turnovers and 6-17 free throw shooting.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

I mean he had to shoot there with the shot clock expiring, but Nojel Eastern is the worst shooter I've ever seen.

Edit: Avoiding the triple post here, this Purdue team is just excruciating to watch. There's talent there but they are loving awful right now.

I think they'll be fine by January, but there are some big shoes to fill and big adjustments to make by some of the Sophs to get there.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

Purdue is bad right now. They're up only 10 at the half against literally the worst division 1 program in CBB and a team that Eastern Illinois beat 98-34 earlier this week.

Purdue's shooting is so bad, and they can't seem to get the ball in to Haarms in the post right now. 16-2 run to start the 2nd half, but that's mostly due to 2nd chance points, they're murdering Chicago St on the glass.

And I think Nojel Eastern's wrist is worse than has been let on, he can't shoot and took 2 FTs right handed.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

can't wait for the harrowing of our souls that will be the purdue uva game, then

First team to 40 wins.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

32-17. But Virginia figured something out at the end and Purdue was pretty stagnant the last 8 minutes or so. It's going to be a close finish and it's going to finally kill me.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Did not expect that to happen. Not going to hit 52% of 3 every night, but the new starting line up tonight clicked better than any other group this season. They should have a good run going into Butler at the Crossroads Classic.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

A letdown after beating Virginia was to be expected, but Purdue is just so bad on offense

Bad? They broke 20 before halftime. How much more do you want?

The O/U was 126, currently we're at 38 at halftime.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 8, 2019

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Nebraska up 8 at home against Purdue, other than Trevion Williams and Isaiah Thompson no one on Purdue can shoot, and Matt Haarms got hurt and had to be helped to the locker room.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Lol, Purdue choking at Ohio. 20 point lead down to 10 in just a few minutes

Edit: 7

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

I loving hate Minnesota.
Kalscheur with 2 BS banked in 3's and Marcus Carr drawing a foul on a 3 with an acting job that would make Melo Trimble proud.

Always nice when the other team is in the double bonus before you even sniff the 1 and 1.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Trevion Williams is an amazing passer

https://twitter.com/bigtengeek/status/1212917506588983296

But not an amazing shooter from distance, and for some reason he took the buzzer beater from half court and it was his 2nd airballed 3 of the half for him.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 3, 2020

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

gvibes posted:

Why doesn't he play more? His per-possession numbers have been ridiculous for two years now.

His minutes are ticking up, but conditioning and foul trouble has been bad for him.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

His minutes are ticking up, but conditioning and foul trouble has been bad for him.

And tough to play him late with his FT shooting, such as now where he has 2 down 1

Somehow got 1, on the 2OT

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

For the 3rd year in a row Purdue has a huge halftime lead on Michigan St, 3rd year in a row MSU makes a big run. Purdue's doing a better job this year of pushing the lead back up a bit, but there's a ton of time left.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

For the 3rd year in a row Purdue has a huge halftime lead on Michigan St, 3rd year in a row MSU makes a big run. Purdue's doing a better job this year of pushing the lead back up a bit, but there's a ton of time left.

NVM, Purdue got the benefit of some 50/50 calls and MSU can't stop turning the ball over or missing 3 pointers, lead up to 24 w/ under 5 to go.

Also Trevion Williams is the man, and Michigan State is dumb as hell for not fouling him every time he touches the ball.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Illinois's Griffin just tossed for stepping on the chest of a Purdue player. Such a dumb move.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Illinois's Griffin just tossed for stepping on the chest of a Purdue player. Such a dumb move.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1219782609410105345

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue is so bad at shooting in the paint / at the rim.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Illinois can't miss in the 2nd half. 11/12 so far.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Coco13 posted:

Is there something special about Luce that made Purdue fans gaga over him, or can you just not explain love? I get the cheers for being up so massive the walkons see the floor, but that was beyond the normal adoration.

His name is fun to yell, he makes funny videos, and he's built up 4 years of goodwill so far.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

So uh...Purdue somehow put up 61 points in the first half tonight

They are good at home and bad on the road. Stefanovic is nearly 50% from 3 at home, barely 20 on the road. He's the biggest split, but there are several other doozies on the rest of the roster as well.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

Purdue not playing well but Penn State literally can't miss

Mackey Purdue went to Bloomington, Road Purdue came back.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

A 30% 3 point shooter is 4-5. Cool.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

A 30% 3 point shooter is 4-5. Cool.

Guy who averages 4PPG is 6-10 from 3, cool cool.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Guy who averages 4PPG is 6-10 from 3, cool cool.

50% FT shooter goes 6-7 cool cool cool

Good fight from Purdue, but too little too late. Got a 24 point lead down to single digits.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

It'd be nice if Purdue would start playing before the 6 minute mark of the 2nd half on the road.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue can't hit a shot, but IU is somehow worse so far tonight. This was pretty fun though

https://twitter.com/BoilerBall/status/1233195742656913413

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Flagrant 1???? What the gently caress.

Also, that's 10 on Purdue this half, 3 on IU.

Bo Borowski loving sucks

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

I'm obviously biased but it seems like every single review for a flagrant goes against Purdue.

I almost fell out of my chair when Alan Griffin actually got thrown out for stepping on Stefanovic last month

What gets me is the lack of hook and holds Haarms draws, guys 6 or 7 inches shorter tie him up all the time and never get called. Wisconsin did it all night in Madison.

Ahh you mentioned that. Slow refresh.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 28, 2020

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tipped ball gets called an over and back, soft rear end call on a missed 3 sends IU to the line for 3. Awesome! Purdue's going to blow this though because they're going to miss 3 1 and 1 front ends.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Tipped ball gets called an over and back, soft rear end call on a missed 3 sends IU to the line for 3. Awesome! Purdue's going to blow this though because they're going to miss 3 1 and 1 front ends.

Happy to be wrong, the streak lives, Ethan Morton and Jaden Ivey can't get here soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Evan Boudreaux with 14&14 so far tonight in Iowa. He and Eric Hunter are carrying Purdue right now.