Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Dingleberry posted:

Who the gently caress is doing the marketing for KT???

Somebody who's not getting paid enough, that's who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Force de Fappe posted:

Oleg Volk?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Call me when the vaguely ugly and pale semi-nude chicks show up

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Now I want one even more.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Force de Fappe posted:

Call me when the vaguely ugly and pale semi-nude chicks show up

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

What the hell is going on with the hips in the last image?!

Why...would you photoshop out a ladies hips?

Independence
Jul 11, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

What the hell is going on with the hips in the last image?!

Why...would you photoshop out a ladies hips?

Because the lady behind her has her hips showing.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

She's been made to look like a disturbing action figure and I want the image out of my brain.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Independence posted:

Because the lady behind her has her hips showing.

Right. Hips would ruin the illusion because...

... hips don't lie.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

The common denominator for terrible-good gun ads seems to be Florida.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

The common denominator for terrible seems to be Florida.

Fixed it for you!

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

So if it doesn't like less than 40 grain loads it'll probably really like 75+ grain ones then right!!!

Totally should start rolling your own .22 mag

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Force de Fappe posted:

Wait until you find out what that bone is.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

shalafi4 posted:

So if it doesn't like less than 40 grain loads it'll probably really like 75+ grain ones then right!!!

Totally should start rolling your own .22 mag
I havenít confirmed it but apparently thatís the case that these guns donít like the lighter loads. So far Iíve only shot 40+ grains and itís been working 100%.

If rolling your own 22mag was doable or if the gun were like 22 hornet or something I probably would reload for it.

If it were 17 hornet Iíd probably die of happiness while vaporizing squirrels.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

There are reloading kits for rimfire, you'd just have to get a custom die to cast that fancy theoretical 75gr bullet.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

like that's going to happen. I'll stick with the Critical Defense for the time being.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Parts Kit posted:

like that's going to happen. I'll stick with the Critical Defense for the time being.

drat you and this thread. My dad and I went to deal with some NFA paperwork at his buddy's shop and uhhh

oops

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Those are so loving cool.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

I guess I should post a range report. No malfs in 120 rounds in my dad's rifle or 60 rounds through minenusing Fiocchi JHP .22 mag. Both my pop and I were getting about 1.5" groups out of the box at 100 yards. By the end of the day he was getting close to 1" and blaming his 4x magnification and heavy stadia while my gun was hovering around 1.25" groups at 100 yards.

There's a good chance these rifles will end up on ground squirrel duty before too long.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I'm getting hosed up on which Kel Tec models are what. Would you mind refreshing me what you have there?

As much as I want a Ruger 22/45 for my next gun, the CP33 (I think that's it) looks awesome.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Keltec CMR-30s

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Those things are baller.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Hair Elf

magazine compatible friend

Gonna test it out on Saturday with some of those 2200fps 30gr bullets and see it it runs.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

my kinda ape posted:

magazine compatible friend

Gonna test it out on Saturday with some of those 2200fps 30gr bullets and see it it runs.

I was really tempted by one of these, but Kel-Tec says not to use suppressors on them. Something about the design causes it to unlock early and jam or even blowout cases.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I've handled one of those before and thought it felt...clunky and cheap. But, I absolutely loved the design and think that Kel Tec is one of the most innovative gun companies out there right now.

Tell us how it treats you. I have a lot of guns on my "list" to purchase before I start getting oddities, but I always thought that was a cool concept.

I also read an article about the CMR-30 that was titled, "The Deadliest Gun Around." It wasn't a joke. Apparently ammo capacity makes it the ideal self defense gun... :cough:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Thirty or thirty-one Gold Dots right quick out of something still very lightweight even with mounted RDS and white light would be just dandy leaned by the headboard.

Parts Kit posted:

...Something about the design causes it to unlock early and jam or even blowout cases.

They are a delayed blowback where the barrel freefloats. The friction of the obturated case drages the barrel back with but not externally locked into the slide for a bit before stoppung against the frame and slide continuing on. Think any conventional locked breach handgun minus the locking block. A can would add weight to the barrel and could retard it being dragged rearwardz allowing partial or full separation from the slide. Malfs to blown cases could result.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Hair Elf

Captain Log posted:

Tell us how it treats you. I have a lot of guns on my "list" to purchase before I start getting oddities, but I always thought that was a cool concept.

I shot four magazines today. 50 rounds of Hornady 30gr V-max and 70 rounds of CCI 40gr Maxi-Mag JHP. Had 3-4 malfunctions (2-3 FTFE 1 FTE) in the first five rounds of the first mag and 1 FTFE on the second or third round of the second mag but otherwise everything ran great. I'm going to chalk it up to the mags not being broken in yet although 2 of the 4 magazines ran perfectly.

Very enjoyable to shoot.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Hair Elf

Shot 4 mags of CCI 30gr VNT yesterday and it ran flawlessly except for one FTE on the first or second round I fired. I put a Vortex Venom red dot on the gun and it works fine with the added weight. Although at some point my front sight fell off Couldn't find the set screws so I guess I'll have to ask Kel-Tec to send me a couple when they send me the set screw that was supposed to be included with the muzzle break. They still haven't responded to my first email so maybe I'll call them today.

poo poo was falling off the ceiling above me at the indoor range from the blast out of the muzzle break

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

my kinda ape posted:

poo poo was falling off the ceiling above me at the indoor range from the blast out of the muzzle break
Haha, that's amazing.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Am I doing this right?

Super 3 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 13, 2019

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Yes, very. Now put a red dot on it.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Super 3 posted:

Am I doing this right?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Super 3 posted:

Am I doing this right?

Please tell me it functions well and sounds good so I can do the same thing, that looks like fun on a bun

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Wrong thread.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Welp, bought a PMR-30 and a Burris Fastfire 3.

Will post pics tomorrow.

Super 3 posted:

Am I doing this right?

I would say yes, indeed!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Super 3 posted:

Am I doing this right?

Oh man, I love me a good Kel Tec.

So, in short, YES.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Well dang, I need a mount to attach the fastfire 3. To amazon!

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

For some reason that reminds of a miniaturized suppresses MAC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Super 3 posted:

Am I doing this right?

Red dot? Naw, son. Look at all that rail space.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector...ifle-scope.html