Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

If I owned that I'd put on a SeeAll for maximum ? ? ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Hair Elf

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Now put a red dot on it.

You were talking to me right?

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 14, 2019

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

my kinda ape posted:

Easy now Solid Snake...

that's loving hot, I wanna shot that

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Lotion Tester posted:

...I have a new life goal.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

my kinda ape posted:

That's basically what I'm doing, minus the comp and laser. Or at least as soon as the adapter plate gets in anyways.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

STOP IT IM TRYING TO SAVE MONEY.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

That comp makes it look siiiiiiiiiick.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Lotion Tester posted:

get out of my head - i was totally planning on this

and they're on sale, bought...

Super 3 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 14, 2019

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

lol, whoops, poo poo

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

thank you for this ride tfr

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

The ride ain't over yet, Super 3's still tricking out his CP33, Miso still has to find a CP33, and I have to trick out my PMR-30 with an optic that costs 80% as much as the gun.

We're just done with the first downhill on this coaster.

loud-bob
Feb 11, 2004

AHHHHHHHH

Has anyone shot the P17?

lifenomad
May 8, 2009

Super 3 posted:

Oh lord... I might get one just for the sheer novelty of it.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

lifenomad posted:

Oh lord... I might get one just for the sheer novelty of it.

They're like 50% off right now.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Super 3 posted:

Sat on the idea of it for a week or two and ordered it today.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I swear that I do not work for SeeAll.

Might order one now though.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

My Fastfire mount for the PMR30 should be arriving today.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

So maybe don't order the gen 2 cross hair - I got it in the mail yesterday and I can't see poo poo through it or even understand how the gently caress it's supposed to work or be good.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Super 3 posted:

...or even understand how the gently caress it's supposed to work or be good.

So it matches a Kel-Tec, then.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Super 3 posted:

So maybe don't order the gen 2 cross hair - I got it in the mail yesterday and I can't see poo poo through it or even understand how the gently caress it's supposed to work or be good.

I went with the delta, so we shall see.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

I did it, I put a Fastfire 3 on my PMR-30. Pics will follow soonish?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

A couple of pics! Hopefully I'll get to shoot it soon.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Comfy sponk posted:

I went with the delta, so we shall see.

Haven't gone out to shoot with the see all, but the delta is nice and noticeable with it at a distance that it would be on a rifle. On a pistol, it's difficult to find where the delta is at, but once I got used to it, I knew right where it was and could "draw" to it almost every time within a few repetitions.

I think that when I get a CMR 30, I'm going to put one of these things on it.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Santa brought accessories. With the tailhook the red dot is just the right height.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Ahahaha, that's amazing.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Super 3 posted:

Santa brought accessories. With the tailhook the red dot is just the right height.

Oh goddddd hgnnnnnnn

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Now, you need a second one.

For...reasons.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Super 3 posted:

Worth SBRing to add a VFG? Hahaha. That thing rules. I want one. Probably good with a little hand stop...

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

I'll probably just go with the handstop or maybe a light to bulk up the front a bit for grippyness. Out of everything on there I will say the tailhook is loving awesome. With the stock collapsed and the tail hook un-hooked and under my forearm its really stable one handed.

loud-bob
Feb 11, 2004

AHHHHHHHH

I handled a PMR-30 today and the grip was comically unergonomic (?) and the entire thing felt super plastic. It was super inexpensive at a pawn shop though.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

loud-bob posted:

I handled a PMR-30 today and the grip was comically unergonomic (?) and the entire thing felt super plastic. It was super inexpensive at a pawn shop though.

That is exactly how it felt when I handled one. But, Kel Tec does good things with plastic, in my experience.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

im posting on my break so fuckin' deal with how roughshod this review is

My dealer and I met at my local range this past Sunday to play around with my CP33 that's trapped in jail. Of course my dumbass left my camera at home but Imma share my first impressions -

Gun Feel
Overall the gun is weirdly balanced, especially with a can. My brain wants it to be heavier than it is, especially given the kind of awkwardly long and narrow grip but its really not terrible mix. Just not an optimal mix. As a handgun - I'd rather hold a Buckmark, or Ruger 22/45.

Oh yeah there isn't a chamfered edge on the rails so watch out because they're a bit rough. I don't think they'll slice and dice you but they don't feel nice and might munch up your clothing if you decide to carry this thing.

Controls
  • The magazine doesn't so much drop free, as much as it requires a crowbar to pry it out. Not a good feel. This coupled with the heel release makes for a not great experience.

• The trigger is better than a Gen3 Glocks, not as good as a CZP01. There's a bit of creep, kind of a weird reset, and a slightly mushy break. It's none too heavy, and none too light. Overall, perfectly acceptable.

• I found the slide stop stiff and kind of difficult to manipulate. Wouldn't be a big deal if the charging setup wasn't asstacular.

• The safety feels odd and took some getting used to due to its narrow purchase.

• Charging the gun in rear end. The AR-style charging just isn't as nice as the right-hand charging of the CMR30 and may have spent more than a little bit of time trying to figure out how to add side charging capability to my gun. When charging the gun with the hammer down, it is kinda difficult because you need to overcome the hammer using those tiny rear end grippers. Once you overcome the hammer overcome the "recoil" springs are creepy light like the gun just you just broke or something or its not going to have enough get up and go to return to battery. In fact, the recoil springs didn't have enough rear end to get the gun into battery once the gun was filthy dirty after my first mag.

• There's no forward assist - I actually did encounter a couple of malfunctions where I tried to push the bolt into battery and did get the gun to function but it sucked and even a little bit more resistance from the gun would have made it difficult to get the gun into service. A few drops of oil in the action did sort the guns slow running out.

• Loading the magazine is rear end the first few go-arounds. The shortness of 22LR makes it a bit more difficult to load than the CMR-30, but it got better after the first few magazine loadings. If I had read the manual before starting I'd have known to only load 20 rounds to start.

Shooting
Shooting offhand at 25y with a dot was horrible but that's no fault of the gun. I'm a terrible pistol shot and I kind of frustrated because my first few rounds were rim locked quite nicely due to my trying to overload the magazine. Once I was more comfortable and got the gun to the 11y range it turned into a laser even off-hand. I was able to put ~ 150 rounds in a 1" area off hand. Pew pew pew for sure.

The recoil is a little weird but not terrible, and I think it'll be entirely negligible once I get a brace on the crazy thing.

Suppressed Performance
Once the gun started performing unsuppressed I threw my Tactical Solutions Cascade TI and it the gun ran like a hot drat. The only thing I'd really like to note is the brass is moving in a hurry when it's cycling. I'll side by side it with my 22LR AR when I get the gun in my possession.

Ammo Tested
  • CCI Standard Velocity - 100 rounds
    Not a single problem suppressed or unsuppressed.

• Agulia Super Extra - 50 rounds
    I had about 5 malfunctions but three were due to mag loading, and the other two were due to the rounds getting munched during the malfunction then my trying to reload them. Since I'm sitting on a metric fuckton of this, I will report back.

• CCI MiniMags - 100 rounds
    Shot fine after the first few malfunctions due to mag loading.

Intial Thoughts in a Nutshell
Right now the gun feels like a collection of pretty good ideas that need a bit more polish to be great.I would love to see a proper carbine version of the gun at some point like the CMR30 because it's a weird feeling handgun and the charging setup is 100% not my favorite. The weird magazine loading makes it more of an advanced shooter gun because there's some wonkiness to the whole thing. Oh and I'm very much in the "this is really expensive for what it is". It'd be brilliant at $350, it's kind of overpriced at just under $500.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Miso Beno posted:

Intial Thoughts in a Nutshell
Right now the gun feels like a collection of pretty good ideas that need a bit more polish to be great.I would love to see a proper carbine version of the gun at some point like the CMR30 because it's a weird feeling handgun and the charging setup is 100% not my favorite. The weird magazine loading makes it more of an advanced shooter gun because there's some wonkiness to the whole thing. Oh and I'm very much in the "this is really expensive for what it is". It'd be brilliant at $350, it's kind of overpriced at just under $500.

Any stock options for that?

Because reading that I just kept thinking "needs a stock, put another stamp on that thing"

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Any stock options for that?

Because reading that I just kept thinking "needs a stock, put another stamp on that thing"

Yup! There's a Picatinny rail adapter on the market, and I have a PDW style Tailhook Brace Adapter on order.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

On the magazine loading -- MagLula is already producing special Lulas for the CMR/PMR that work amazingly, maybe they'll make one for the CP33?

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Once you put the tailhook on there the balance and 'how do I hold this thing' issues disappear. Finding a place for your support hand is still odd.

Also as you mentioned in your review I was surprised at how fast it slings out brass. To the point I need to make sure it's not smacking the person to my right in the face bc it would hurt.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Hair Elf

Parts Kit posted:

On the magazine loading -- MagLula is already producing special Lulas for the CMR/PMR that work amazingly, maybe they'll make one for the CP33?

Yeah if anyone reading this has a PMR or CMR-30 the Maglula loader is a must have. The magazines are a pain in the dick to load the proper way without it and loading the mags improperly is the main cause of malfunction in these guns. It works extremely well and pushes the cartridges back so that they'll feed reliably.

Kel-Tec should really just include one with the gun and it would probably greatly improve their reputation.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I think Kel Tec is one of the better innovators in the handgun industry, but they always do things so rough around the edges. The one 22 WMR pistol they'e had forever...whatever it's called...I once handled one and it felt like a plastic toy.

I have trusted my life to my Kel Tec P3AT for a long time and it so far out performed my LCP, but drat if they couldn't use a little higher quality materials.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Super 3 posted:

Once you put the tailhook on there the balance and 'how do I hold this thing' issues disappear. Finding a place for your support hand is still odd.

Also as you mentioned in your review I was surprised at how fast it slings out brass. To the point I need to make sure it's not smacking the person to my right in the face bc it would hurt.

God I can't wait. This gun just feels like it should be a carbine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Miso Beno posted:

God I can't wait. This gun just feels like it should be a carbine.

I mean just look at the rear end on it. If it isn't a loving Borchardt no pistol needs that much junk in the trunk without a stock on it.