Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
He's a good two way player. The offense should probably feature him more.

edit: Also, Purdue's conference schedule is kind of bullshit how the only top team they play twice is OSU.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

He's a good two way player. The offense should probably feature him more.

edit: Also, Purdue's conference schedule is kind of bullshit how the only top team they play twice is OSU.

Yes, I feel like him and Geo are their far and away their best players and they need to be getting more shots. They should have more than 8 shots each.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Geo is not that talented, but somehow he does get a lot better when the game is close and late. It's not like Corey Sanders, who couldn't shoot, and would turn the offense into a clogged toilet 95% of the game. Geo is an ISO guy, but there's at least some ball movement.

I think Harper clearly is the most talented, but I don't know wtf happened over the past month with him.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
never not gently caress DUKE

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
:shepicide:
https://twitter.com/RedTRaccoon/status/1358232248022142979?s=20

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Tennessee’s freshmen had an incredible showing against Kentucky tonight.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
When does football season start?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NickRoweFillea posted:

Tennessee’s freshmen had an incredible showing against Kentucky tonight.

The Free Jaden Springer movement is building

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Bleh, I wish Iowa wasn't motivated now from these losses. I don't see any way how Fredrick doesn't play given our season is going.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

free jaden springer

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Someone played well against Kentucky, I'm shocked.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Baylor already had their next two games postponed, now it's up to 5. https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/status/1358833753091682308?s=20

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
i always thought COVID basketball was bad but maybe it's good?

quote:

Kansas, Duke, UNC, Kentucky, UCLA out of AP men's poll for first time since 1961

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
gently caress Duke https://twitter.com/cbbonfox/status/1359282374354169857?s=21

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/1359193404886892553?s=19

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

bullying wyoming and air force hardly seems fair

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

bullying wyoming and air force hardly seems fair

Listen any time a SDSU team is scoring this many points I don't care who it's against

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

elentar posted:

Supposedly it was Houston who spiked the Gonzaga game to play a home game against Our Lady of the Lake instead. Pity. https://twitter.com/theandykatz/status/1357081801034989570?s=21

As a followup, the basketball gods punished Houston as they lost to ECU later that night. That's a Q3 loss that'll pretty much lock them in at a 3 seed as long as they win out.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Check the clock for when Dave Pasch got Bill Walton Bingo.

https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1360078759722950659

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Check the clock for when Dave Pasch got Bill Walton Bingo.

https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1360078759722950659

i love bill walton so much

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chris collins has got to go

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Might have been the worst final possession I’ve ever seen, what the actual eff was that Arkansas

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

e: whoops this was supposed to be my fire chris collins post for the GDT

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 14, 2021

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou playing themselves into a 6-8 seed, which is probably where they deserve ot be

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

The ACC doesn't deserve more than four bids this year.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Not gonna foulpost but it is amazing how visibly good coaches can work the refs -- late in the first half against Auburn, Calipari loses it, draws a T, Kentucky doesn't get called for a foul for the next 10+ minutes of game time. Pearl finally responds, gets his own T, the whistles even up a little and Auburn goes on a run to erase the double digit lead. Kentucky wins by 2 with a gameplan for dealing with Sharife that looked a lot like the first meeting in Auburn but more successful in Rupp -- get physical with him outside and get away with it, stay on everyone else and invite him to drive. He hasn't seemed to learn yet how much of a height disadvantage he's at. If other guys come off to help, he'll hit the man they vacated and make you look foolish but if one big man can protect the rim, he'll lose the handle, get stuffed or just be forced into a bad angle enough that this looks like the best strategy against him. When he's getting the superstar whistles, he might more than make up for it at the line; today he didn't shoot a single free throw (OK, foulposting a little).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao Michigan State sucks so bad this year, eat poo poo, Izzo.

Hawkeyes undefeated since my daughter was born, I assume she has saved the season and we are now back on the final four track until we lose to Penn State or something stupid

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm glad they picked the season where I couldn't possibly be less interested in college basketball to have their worst season since the 90s.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan hasn't played in three weeks, with five cancelled games. They played an atrociously terrible first half at Wisconsin, down 12 at halftime and looking like they forgot how to basketball.

Michigan then won by 8 because they're just a drat problem. Outscored Wisconsin 40-20 in the second half.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

facialimpediment posted:

Michigan hasn't played in three weeks, with five cancelled games. They played an atrociously terrible first half at Wisconsin, down 12 at halftime and looking like they forgot how to basketball.

Michigan then won by 8 because they're just a drat problem. Outscored Wisconsin 40-20 in the second half.

my dinner tonight has been the cold alcohol with 80's music videos

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State - Michigan in one week is gonna be fun.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Boston College fired Jim Christian—his teams have been terrible for all seven of his seasons (the lone winning season saw them still finish 12th in the ACC) so the only surprising thing is why they did it now rather than waiting 5 more games plus a quick exit from the ACCT.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hey we're ranked again. Neat.

I still have no idea if we're a tournament team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

whos that broooown posted:

Ohio State - Michigan in one week is gonna be fun.

Rutgers - Michigan Thursday as well.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mcmagic posted:

Aw buddy no

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn at Mississippi State postponed to Thursday for reasons of it being cold in the South.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ron harper jr. is not loving me up as much as the other NBA kids i think because ron harper felt like he was already 45 years old when he was on the bulls.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

ron harper jr. is not loving me up as much as the other NBA kids i think because ron harper felt like he was already 45 years old when he was on the bulls.

this is how I felt about frank gore jr. I remember him as a high school prospect but it still feels like he should have grandchildren in college by now so a son is whatever

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

mcmagic posted:

I love the fact that Rutgers has become competitive in the B1G. Conference play is already a ridiculous gauntlet every year, might as well make it even crazier. Gimmes are boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

haha Jalen Johnson opted out of the rest of Duke's pointless season to get ready for the draft instead and quite a few Blue Devil fans are taking it exactly as well as you'd imagine.