Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KU lands Drake transfer PG Joseph Yesufu

He seems good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I did not view Geo Baker as a real NBA prospect?

https://twitter.com/Geo_Baker_1/status/1379858676723376130

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Wonder if Martin is going to be able to land a big in the transfer window or are we going to see Jordan Wilmore (0 agility in videogame terms) and/or currently-injured high school senior Yaya Keita play down low. Or maybe just have no bigs!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Anyone with a snowball’s chance of playing professionally should declare with the option of coming back

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mcmagic posted:

no but he can test the waters and come back unless he hires an agent and it's not really leaving early when it's the extra year they gave everyone anyway, maybe he's fine playing in Europe or something.

kiimo posted:

KU lands Drake transfer PG Joseph Yesufu

He seems good

He is, uh, confident but yeah he was good for them. They didn't start him until a bunch of guys got hurt but he was basically the whole offense once he played.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well he put up 25 against USC so automatically he's a step up in that department.

In those last 9 games when he started

quote:

Joe Yesufu's last 9 games this season with Drake:

- 23.2 points per game
- 30/64 (.469) from three
- 39/46 (.848) from FT line

High volume + high efficiency

47% from 3 on 64 shots will do, pig.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Wonder if Martin is going to be able to land a big in the transfer window or are we going to see Jordan Wilmore (0 agility in videogame terms) and/or currently-injured high school senior Yaya Keita play down low. Or maybe just have no bigs!

Might force them to play up tempo at least? They'd be terrible at it but terrible in a faster way!

That Miller thing wasn't even on my radar, I just assumed he was safe. Mainly because it hadn't already happened I guess.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 7, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I liked Miller, I think his record speaks for itself, and I am not against paying players so don't care about all of that. As someone who mainly views college as what it's going to do for the NBA, I liked having a lot of players end up in the NBA and I like how ready so many of his players were defensively, and I liked how often top prospects ended up being drafted higher than their projection, it felt cool.

I also don't think he was ever going to win the tournament and I don't think that Arizona had reached the peak of its ability to compete and can picture a different coach doing better, so I'm not going to cry a ton about moving on from him. However, I would have either done it when the news broke years ago, or a few weeks ago when it was a smart time to hire a coach. I wouldn't have done it when the university president decided she could probably hire a friend, which unfortunately looks like what's going to happen.

The Glumslinger posted:

Not so easy when you cant just bribe your way to the top recruits :thunk:

You're a loving USC fan, your house is extremely glass. And thus you should know that paying for recruits isn't enough especially since they finished behind Arizona nearly every year for the last twenty years anyway while generally somehow managing to do even worse in the tournament than a coach famous for choking in the tournament.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
You just gotta hire the recruits' dad as an assistant, it's the new bribery market inefficiency

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/andygreder/status/1379463437328117760?s=19

he is from Iowa, Iowa needs a center, let's get this done

Sounds like Robbins is down to either Iowa or Vandy. Iowa would be close to home and his family while his uncle (who had been on staff at Minnesota under Pitino) just got a job with Vandy.

If we got Robbins and Weiskamp came back I think Iowa could be a top 4ish team in the big ten again next year but I think Joe is pretty much a lock to go pro, and probably should be. If he goes it'd be nice to hit the portal again to find another true wing. Decent chance we are more or a defense first team next year after basically playing no defense at all with Garza on the team.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Seeing that this is *checks* a two year old thread, someone please do the needful.

Thanks!

(I'm back, bitches)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Adams wants to pair the defense with a more open, quicker offense. Says it's easier to win big higher scoring games than win close, low-scoring games.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Harper and Baker are expected to return. Harper is a fringe prospect, I think Baker's just doing it for the experience.

Rutgers had a surprise transfer in wing Montez Mathis, who is more talented than Caleb McConnell, but Pike likes the latter's grit better and gave him more minutes as a result.

The 2021 roster is now looking like:

C: Cliffy Omoruyi, Pauly Paulicap (DePaul transfer)
PF: Ron Harper Jr., Dean Reiber
SF: Caleb McConnell, Jaden Jones, Mawot Mag, Oskar Palmquist
SG: Geo Baker, Josh Baker (JUCO)
PG: Paul Mulcahy, Jalen Miller

I could see them going either for another big or another SG to round out the depth.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

thread 2.0 is out

patch notes: future proofed the thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Harper and Baker are expected to return. Harper is a fringe prospect, I think Baker's just doing it for the experience.

Rutgers had a surprise transfer in wing Montez Mathis, who is more talented than Caleb McConnell, but Pike likes the latter's grit better and gave him more minutes as a result.

The 2021 roster is now looking like:

C: Cliffy Omoruyi, Pauly Paulicap (DePaul transfer)
PF: Ron Harper Jr., Dean Reiber
SF: Caleb McConnell, Jaden Jones, Mawot Mag, Oskar Palmquist
SG: Geo Baker, Josh Baker (JUCO)
PG: Paul Mulcahy, Jalen Miller

I could see them going either for another big or another SG to round out the depth.

I will buy you a beer at a RU basketball game next year dude.

*They don't serve beer but you get it.