Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Maxey loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

oystertoadfish posted:

lots of games yesterday! in addition to duke kansas one other thing that stands out to me is st mary's beating wisconsin in sioux city south dakota, of all places, in overtime. i always kinda like the gaels. also penn beat alabama lol

That arena in Sioux Falls is really cool, Iowa played there a couple years ago

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

oystertoadfish posted:

in riverside....good for them

disagree

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Still lame

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Penny is cool actually

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pays players, did this dunk, I dunno seems pretty dope imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpjW4xd1TRU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao northwestern lost to a dii team

get collins the gently caress out of here man, he sucks

lmao remember when people were scared that he might leave for Duke some day

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

watching bad basketball to own the libs

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

you should root for your team to win but going full on "ohh does using the full shot clock trigger you????" is very annoying!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Yikes.

Anyway Nico Mannion seems dope

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Okoro rules, he's gonna be like a top 10 pick

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Good news is that the Valley is complete rear end now so the tourney dream is alive for everyone left.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Arizona hasn't beaten anyone super significant but that still seems low, they look loaded this year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Just sit out the year it's probably better for your draft stock anyway

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SFA got smoked by Rutgers last week lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Apparently DePaul is a final four team

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

C-Euro posted:

Not sure why Michigan wasn't ranked before this tourney but that'll change.

They're gonna go from unranked to top 10 lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Well after that tournament, I feel like ISU isn’t going to be that great this year. Possibly bottom half of the Big 12. I generally like Prohm as a coach, but he needs to start getting better results.

They have a couple really good players, especially Haliburton, but the roster doesn't really seem to totally make sense and his offense kinda stinks

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Michigan is literally the biggest in the history of the poll

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Iowa hung around for most of that game until they got gassed and gave up like a billion offensive boards down the stretch. The idea that they just wanted to hand Garza a bunch of buckets is very dumb. Like yes they didn't double him a ton so they could stay home on shooters but scoring 44 on a guy every Michigan fan insists is the best defensive player in basketball is still a really loving good game. Why do Michigan fans always have to be so obnoxious about anything that is not accomplished by a Michigan player?

Just blindly regurgitating everything MGoBlog (who have currently spent the week insisting that actually Jim Harbaugh outcoached Ryan Day and OSU only won because their QB took online classes) says does not actually make you as smart as you think to does, I promise

MourningView fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 7, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

the heroic hawkeyes have destroyed the vile gopher menace in yet another sport, huzzah

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

facialimpediment posted:

I have no idea if this was meant respectfully or as a taunt, but it's a baller as gently caress move!

https://twitter.com/ChadLeistikow/status/1205321195123433472?s=19

Also apparently Garza got one of his teeth knocked back, was down for a while, then checked back in two minutes later?! What is this, hockey?

Definitely taunting. I think Monte Morris had said he was going to do the same thing his last game in Carver but then ISU lost.

This is at least the second game where Garza left the game bleeding from the mouth and came back, he had to get his lip stiched back together against Texas Tech. It continues to be extremely funny to watch that big goofy oaf put together a player of the year campaign

Also lmao at those chump rear end chumps ISU going 0-fer in football, wrestling, and both basketballs again Hawkeye State, bitch

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 13, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jordan also did this last year, he is extremely good.

https://twitter.com/JordanBo_3/status/1112421166185136128?s=19

I think this might be his last game this year. He had hip surgery in the offseason and hasn't really looked like himself. He sat out a game earlier this year specifically so he could still play against ISU without ruining his chance to take a medical redshirt. I'd like to have him back at full health next year rather than have him risk injury playing at 75% this season, especially because we bring almost everyone back next year unless Garza decides he needs to start his career in Slovenia a year early.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

For those reading this, Memphis won

penny hardaway confirmed best coach in the state of tennessee wow

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

it's very early but Iowa somehow has the best offense in the entire country by kenpom while running everything through a gigantic white post up center like it's 1955 or something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1206709623106998272?s=19

So yeah Bohannon is sitting the rest of the year. Sucks because it leaves Iowa's rotation pretty thin but it's the right move. They're probably playing over their heads right now anyway and having him back at 100% next year when they bring most of the team back is a lot more important than letting him limp through this season and potentially make the injury worse.

Please ignore the incredibly loving stupid grad transfer speculation in this tweet btw

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

Oof that sucks. I like Bohannon, he's such a perfect Big Ten dude.

It was pretty crazy he played at all this year but he'll be back next year for even more "wtf how is that guy still in school"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

facialimpediment posted:

drat, I thought it was going to be a "sit/rest for rest of year", not "stop playing and get a hip surgery" kind of thing. Sucks.

It's the other hip seems like he probably hosed it up trying to play through the other one. At least he has way longer to recover this time

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

Perry Ellis.

Though man, I seriously feel like I've heard of Bohannon for over half the decade at this point.

Well there have been four of them. He's the youngest and first to go to Iowa, even though his dad was a quarterback for one of our rose bowl teams and they grew up like fifteen minutes away. Good job, Alford.

Bohannon still being on the team doesn't weird me out but I legitimately forgot Garza was a junior and not a senior until like a week ago.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

The NCAA has successfully maintained the integrity of the sport by not letting the best player play.

oh no what happened to Anthony Edwards?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

They're one of like five college teams that runs a real offense from this century.

Also how can you be a KU fan for this long and still be such a baby about people not liking your team Christ.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

Iowa State lost to Florida A&M, and they really shouldn’t.

Haliburton was out and ISU is pretty bad this year but still lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1213292610292314114?s=19

In addition to being like a top 10 basketball recruit this also gives Gonzaga, which I don't think even has scholarship football, a better quarterback recruit that most of the power five.

Supposedly his parents are talking to some overseas pro teams, but that's a huge get if they can actually get him on campus

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Iowa having the best offense in the conference despite running the most outdated poo poo possible and only having two good players is still funny. Unfortunately we are now down to like four healthy players, which I guess is interesting karmic payback for years of grumbling that Fran played too many guys

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Iowa has like four healthy players right now it sucks. Also had the worst shooting night possible despite Nebraska giving up a million wide open threes

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Iowa followed up losing to a trash Nebraska team by blowing out Maryland, because the Big Ten is very normal.

Not sure Iowa can maintain a tournament pace with their depth issues but having the Garza/Weiskamp combo should give them in a punchers chance in most games.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

Maryland will for sure get in, then you throw in two of Wisconsin/Purdue/Iowa if they can turn it up

Iowa would be a lock of they were doing selections today, it's less turning it up than just not collapsing down the stretch again. They're 19th in KenPom

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

michigan lost to iowa but it's okay because giving up all those baskets to Luka Garza was on purpose so it's like they actually won.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Amazing that no Michigan loss has ever been their fault. Unluckiest athletic department in all of sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Texas has one of the richest athletic departments in the country, they don't need to stick with a bad coach because of his buyout.

I was way more down on Shaka than just about everyone else because his VCU regular season results were quietly pretty underwhelming (even the final four run that turned him into a hot candidate was with a team that shouldn't have made the field) but I don't think I expected it to get quite this bad.