Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TipTow posted:

Yes, this definitely reads like someone who is saying the assistant was the brains all along and Beard had nothing to do with their success:

You know just as well as anyone that HCs can be good without being the genius behind various schemata.

I know being snippy is kinda your schtick but maybe try not defaulting to being an rear end in a top hat for a change? Especially over someone trying to come to terms with, as you said, "the guy responsible for by far the best stretch of basketball in school history" leaving?

I meant these parts. At least read the post if you're gonna get this angry about someone lightly mocking it!

kayakyakr posted:

Thoughts on Beard: meh

Apparently when he tried to bring Mark Adams, who is the X's and O's guy for the defense (the good part of Tech's team the last 4 years) they got into a shouting match and are now on bad, bad terms. Enjoy the motion, UT.

I was not actually mad at Kayakyakr. He and I have been posting together about college sports/barbecue for like basically my entire adult life, I'm just giving him poo poo for being a homer. It doesn't need to be a giant thing.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/andygreder/status/1379463437328117760?s=19

he is from Iowa, Iowa needs a center, let's get this done

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/Local4Jarek/status/1379507080827142149?s=19

everything is very very stupid but I hope he makes a lot of money off some dope

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
if you win the bidding you also get to play horse and go to a movie with him, apparently

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Shannon should go. McClung isn't really a prospect but he'd make money in Europe.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The G-League teams are almost all owned by NBA teams so it doesn't really work that way. It's not european soccer where they're their own independent thing, the entire point is to give young players a place to get minutes and develop and make it easier to scout end of the bench guys when you have an open roster spot. If the goal was to win the league and get up to the NBA then they'd just load up on older guys and it'd defeat the whole purpose.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kayakyakr posted:

Oh, I know. I just think it would be more fun for the fans.

Whoever got promoted would also pretty much immediately be the worst team in the league or close to it like 99% of the time too, basketball is too super star driven for it to work and those guys don't wind up in the g-league. Like Siakam was for a few games and Rudy Gobert spent part of a season there but those guys were first round picks who were there to develop. The closest thing to a real big time star to come up through the g-league as a UDFA is like Fred VanVleet or something like that

The Glumslinger posted:

Not so easy when you cant just bribe your way to the top recruits :thunk:

Yeah unlike Self, Miller isn't worth the NCAA heat you're going to get for keeping him, and they haven't had a great team recently so even without all that his seat would probably be starting to heat up a bit anyway

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 7, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mcmagic posted:

I did not view Geo Baker as a real NBA prospect?

https://twitter.com/Geo_Baker_1/status/1379858676723376130

no but he can test the waters and come back unless he hires an agent and it's not really leaving early when it's the extra year they gave everyone anyway, maybe he's fine playing in Europe or something.

kiimo posted:

KU lands Drake transfer PG Joseph Yesufu

He seems good

He is, uh, confident but yeah he was good for them. They didn't start him until a bunch of guys got hurt but he was basically the whole offense once he played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/andygreder/status/1379463437328117760?s=19

he is from Iowa, Iowa needs a center, let's get this done

Sounds like Robbins is down to either Iowa or Vandy. Iowa would be close to home and his family while his uncle (who had been on staff at Minnesota under Pitino) just got a job with Vandy.

If we got Robbins and Weiskamp came back I think Iowa could be a top 4ish team in the big ten again next year but I think Joe is pretty much a lock to go pro, and probably should be. If he goes it'd be nice to hit the portal again to find another true wing. Decent chance we are more or a defense first team next year after basically playing no defense at all with Garza on the team.