Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Watching Ohio State get blown out will never get old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing North Carolina as a bad loss for bubble teams.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Looking forward to the top 25 matchup of Rutgers vs. Iowa this week.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

The only justifiable punishment is to ban Kansas basketball forever.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

I swear it feels like Garza has been on Iowa for five years now

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Both teams felt really good and a lot better than their ranking indicates. I think you're looking at a couple of teams that will be 3 or 4 seeds by the end of the year.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Grats on the best team Iowa's had in a very long term MV!

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Cole Anthony is Cam Reddish levels of bad. And much like Reddish, he'll be awful for whatever NBA team is dumb enough to draft him in the lottery.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Garza is the best Iowa player I've ever seen MV. In another era he'd be an easy lottery pick. Fortunately for you he will probably be back.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

If he comes back y'all have a legitimate NC team next year.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Huge win for Iowa.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

I don't think I could ever get sick of watching North Carolina lose. Nice 3-12 conference record!

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

I hope UNC makes the tournament. They've only gone once before and it would be great to wrap up a historically great season from the with a NCAA berth.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

MV your boy may actually win player of the year.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Lol we fell from #4 to #5

Joe still has you on the 1 line. I think if you win out you'll still get that seed. Hell, if Gonzaga loses again you could be in the West bracket!

Kirios fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 24, 2020

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Duke has lost to noted super power Wake Forest

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Congratulations Rutgers fans - you're going dancing this year!

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Think San Diego State still gets that 1 seed? I'd put Dayton over them at this point.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Coronavirus lookin' good to get the overall #1 seed in the tournament. I'm not sure anyone can stop their march to the championship this year.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Also I'm thrilled North Carolina got to get blown out one last time before the season shut down.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

oh my god how loving dense do you have to be

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Turns out St. John's vs Creighton is for the championship.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Dayton, San Diego State and Gonzaga fans will forever be mega salty.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Who won the last game to be played this year? Feels like they should be national champs.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

If Gonzaga returns everyone that will be the best team I've ever seen from them. They would have to be favorites.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

All I wanted to do was laugh at NC State fans for missing the tournament yet again.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

heh

Rutgers' run of missing the tournament continues.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

MourningView posted:

iowa beat some chump by like a million, defense still stinks, garza is still College Shaq, and fran's other kid looks like he's pretty good now that he doesn't have mono and weighs more than 170 pounds

You must be pretty stoked to get one more year with Garza. This is your best chance to win a title since...ever?

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Rutgers basketball being good is still something that kinda messes with me. I do a double take every time I see them in the rankings.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Already deleted, what did it say?

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

No man willingly goes bald.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

MV, Iowa may be the best team in the country. Garza had an off game and Iowa still dominated. Very, very impressive win.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

They should be #2 right after Gonzaga. It's the reality of being ranked way too low at the start of the season. It normalizes over the course of the year and means jack poo poo for the NCAA tournament seeding so calm down Declan.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

You're just upset that Fran isn't willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Man 2000's Big East was so freaking good. I wish I would have appreciated it more when watching it. Modern Big Ten is close to that at least - I love a conference that's 10-12 good teams deep. Does anyone remember Jonny Flynn's incredible Big East Tournament run to get Syracuse into the tournament?

Kirios fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 30, 2021

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

MourningView posted:

Garza needs 14 points today to set the Iowa all time scoring record, currently held by Roy Marble (the one from the 80s who played with BJ Armstrong, not Roy Devyn, who also ruled)

He's gonna go down as the greatest Iowa basketball player in history, I hope you're enjoying the ride while it lasts. I've even see a lot of NBA draft mocks having him go in the middle of the second round now. He may carve out a niche there.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

The 2021 NBA draft is shaping up to be far, far superior to the 2020 draft. Suggs, Cunningham, Mobley, Kuminga or even Moody would have gone #1 last year.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

I honestly don't see how you keep Michigan State out of the tournament at this point, barring a collapse.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

Cade Cunningham would have easily gone #1 last year and probably would have gone #1 in the Zion year. The last player I feel like he wouldn't have gone #1 over is Ben Simmons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

MourningView posted:

Zion was way better than Simmons so ?????

I don't think he'd have gone before Zion but otherwise I'd probably take him over everyone since AD or maybe KAT. Zion is legit the best college player of all time

Yes Zion's obviously better than Simmons but in reference to entering the NBA draft Simmons was thought of as this once in a generation can't miss prospect. It's just amusing that Simmons never grew past his floor. Zion's great, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't as highly regarded and really wasn't the clear #1 until the end of his year. If Coach K used him properly he probably would have been the biggest prospect since LeBron.