Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’s time to buy low on gregg marshall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

unlv should scoop up archie miller imo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

unlv is gonna hire rick pitino

ew

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Geez, this looks like a huge conference tourney fuckup:

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1373426196478898177

Edit: A-10 apparently picked like three different cities and didn't plan their tourney "bubble" very well, somehow St. Bonaventure didn't have anyone pop positive. Trouble is, St. Bonnie's just played LSU, and LSU plays Michigan on Monday.

jfc

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Turns out the bubbles last summer were completely unnecessary because no one including the players gives a gently caress.

i know you’re distracted because you’re trying to read and post in eight different threads at once but the problem here was that it wasn’t a bubble; the dayton hotel was super packed (which it shouldn’t have been) with two major sports tournaments on top of the mask violations etc etc

the fact that vcu managed to go six months with no positive tests says more about the environment they were exposed to rather than the level of care each individual person put into things

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

shaka would do a tremendous job at any mid-major in the country, or maybe a lower-tier p5, but you're never gonna get blue chips to run the press, so he's abandoned it (so has will wade)

i just don't think hiring a vcu coach running vcu's defense (havoc or chaos or whatever the gently caress it gets branded as now, the 1-2-1-1 gambling for steals scheme) and then having them not run it anymore is very smart, but i also don't understand how shaka has made it this far while just being an extension of The Rick Barnes Experience

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

no, it’s funnier this way, roll tide

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i feel like scott drew and chris beard are 1 and 1a for texas, with dana altman being another solid choice (although i imagine oregon can spend just as much as texas on a non-football sport)

comedy option: rick pitino

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

beard took the tech job mostly to be closer to his kids; austin’s pretty far from lubbock but it’s closer than any other p5 job in shouting distance and it’d probably be a pay bump and resources bump along with him being alumni

i think it’s the only job he’d consider jumping ship for which is why it’s so popular to speculate on it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

drat 10 year anniversary of this, time flies

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

oral arguments mean gently caress all but it seems pretty clear that the supreme court took this case to take a sledgehammer to the ncaa’s definition of amateurism

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/BrendanRMarks/status/1377627270068760577?s=19

happy that one and dones can potentially once again sign with unc without getting ruined by deputy dog's 1995 rear end offense

it’s the worst day of the year so i’d wait for a second confirmation

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i’m gonna need roy to hold up a newspaper and tell me he’s retiring on camera

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

luv2hire big time college coach under heavy ncaa scrutiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus