Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Let's* go Blackhawks! The Blues and Red Wings suck.

cuonzo quickly throwing himself into the hot seat. impressive work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Bill Self has lost control of the program!!

EDIT: just saw mizzou lost at home to a&m lol cuonzo is probably out after next year if he doesn't show drastic improvement

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 22, 2020

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think Mizzou is looking for a new coach a year or so from now

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

This seems like a quote that should get a guy fired?

e: first part of this quote

https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1224915046142218240

I mean, you're throwing everyone on your team under the bus here as a coach. And they're all your guys.

It's incredible how progressively worse Mizzou has gotten under Martin. He's gotta be gone after next year, especially with the excitement Drink has brought to the football side.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

If nothing else, this has to guarantee the next hire is an offensive guy. At least make the losses fun to watch and not slogfests where the Tigers inevitably end up losing 65-53

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Mizzou had 2 of its top recruits from last year transfer, so it's gotta be a do or die year for Cuonzo.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Mizzou misses out on its best hope for an interesting year next season with Justin Turner staying at BGSU. Looking like another lost year for Tigers basketball (unless the miraculous happens and Josh Christopher chooses Mizzou)!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

I think he’ll go to Arizona State to play with his brother after this COVID-19 stuff

Yeah, Mizzou has been out of the running for months, I guess he just keeps them in the conversation because his cousin is a strength and conditioning coach or something.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

DeJulius chooses Cinci, making Cuonzo Martin 0/3 with his targets lately. I wonder how long the rump coach period will last.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It's not gonna be funny when they lose to SMS though

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Cuonzo Martin talking about trying to push pace and I guess that means we're gonna see 65 points games instead of 60 point games for the Tigers

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Missouri up to 14 after a COVID-cancelled game again Prairie View, we love to see it

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Mizzou paused basketball activities because of COVID. What the gently caress is going on in Starkville?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Is this the worst KU has been in the past 20 years? They're obviously not as good as Baylor, but they are dropping games they normally win

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

i always thought COVID basketball was bad but maybe it's good?

quote:

Kansas, Duke, UNC, Kentucky, UCLA out of AP men's poll for first time since 1961

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Mizzou playing themselves into a 6-8 seed, which is probably where they deserve ot be

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

On paper, this team was NCAA quality. In reality, we didn't play basketball for a month, and have still only played 15 games to this point. Just a total waste of a season.

You might have a Q1 (Q2 if things stay on their trajectory) win coming up on Saturday though!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

chaoslord posted:

https://twitter.com/dave_matter/status/1364395661001711621?s=21

Mizzou folks how do y’all feel about this? I believe that the general sentiment on this forum around Martin had been “just gotta wait to afford the buyout”, has this season changed any minds about him?

There is absolutely no way they should be "proactive" about that. If Miami wants to hire him, I will immediately become a Canes fan.

It's clear that the Tigers benefited early on from how old everybody was and the fact that other teams couldn't practice. Now that everyone else has gotten into their own rhythms, they're losing tons of bad games

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

On a scale of 100-100, how likely is it that Tourney teams will be extremely liberal in their application of COVID protocol?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

If you're looking for an easy bet, I'd take Oklahoma over Mizzou against the spread unless it's more than 5 points

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Come home to Mizzou, EJ. Mookie Cooper did in football and I can promise you the Mizzou fanbase is prepped for failure

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

i think the end of the season really confirmed that mizzou's hot start was mostly because they were all juniors and seniors and had a pre-existing chemistry with one another. once everyone else got their systems settled in, the tigers played about where they were expected to in the pre-season. next year is gonna be rough if cuonzo martin doesn't bring in a talented transfer.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Huh.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1374375802884681737

I was vaguely aware he was coaching but had no idea he was close to getting a head coaching job, even at George Mason. He seems super young.

I would love for him to get a shot at Mizzou if Cuonzo's ceiling is about where Mizzou is at the moment.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

chaoslord posted:

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1374469790572584962?s=19

Hopefully he leaves the SEC, dude was always killer against Arkansas, I do not want to have to play him any more lol

lmao Cuonzo Martin better grab a transfer who can score otherwise Mizzou is looking at another year where they probably won't even make the NIT.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

the mean lunch lady posted:

They have two spots, maybe another, to fill with transfers. Cuonzo has done an alright job getting ones that fill their needs. Drew Buggs was nice to have on nights when Pinson was playing poorly. There are rumors about certain former big Mizzou targets (not just Cam Fletcher) transferring, so maybe they'll land one of them.

If any of those former blue chip St. Louis guys end up at Mizzou, I will be stunned. Martin doesn't have that Drinkwitz energy as far as I've seen.

It will rock to see Pinson drop 25+ against Mizzou, though.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

This is a good thing for player agency in the end, but still

https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1375802582388633602

Even the crappy players are looking to jump ship at Mizzou now.

lol I saw his mom tweeting at Kim English to "come get PB" and I was like "yes, please do that." Good luck to Parker, he probably needs to be at a mid-major because his ability to defend AND ball handle down low are mostly non-existent

edit: lol mark smith is transferring?

https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1375906094183243776

good luck to him. he somehow completely lost the ability to shoot the ball the past 2 years.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 27, 2021

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Not consequential really, but Torrence Watson is also transferring from Mizzou. This allows Martin to correct his recruiting whiffs, I guess, but it also means he has 2 years at most to right the ship or he has no excuses left, even from the biggest cheerleaders.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think all of those accounts could take some lessons from El Penis, the king of meltdowns

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Is there a way to fire Self if he ends up in Serious Trouble (lol jk)?

edit: lol, all of the RockMNation commenters who keep pumping Martin's tires are going to slowly lose that energy I think as more and more transfer targets commit elsewhere. No way in hell do Tamar Bates or Caleb Love (if he does transfer now that Roy is gone) choose Mizzou

https://twitter.com/BMcKissic3/status/1378014467385090054

Can't even secure a guy playing for a UM system school.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Wonder if Martin is going to be able to land a big in the transfer window or are we going to see Jordan Wilmore (0 agility in videogame terms) and/or currently-injured high school senior Yaya Keita play down low. Or maybe just have no bigs!