Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Sparty shouldn’t be ranked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

ACC or Big 10, it’s still located in College Park. Absolute shithole of a suburb.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

UVA bad

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Virginia out to confuse me on a game by game basis

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

oystertoadfish posted:

uva lost to boston college - i bet we won't be ranked next week. it doesn't hurt too much this year to me, though

speaking of low-ranked teams losing, penn state lost to rutgers

Our offense is unwatchable, even by our standards

But banners hang forever so it’s cool with me

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Feeling good about UVA and the bubble. Think 2 outta 4 (in any combination) gets us in at this point, regardless of the ACC tournament. 3-1 and a ACC tourney win might actually be a 9 seed!

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

If I recall correctly Missouri doesn't like him either. He just hates everything.

Disliking Kansas and Mizzou is completely rational

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Are you suggesting that the coach shouldn't have been fired?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

News: I am astounded that this UVA team managed a 2 seed in the ACC Tourney

Views: https://twitter.com/TheHoosierNet/status/1236389036970979330?s=20

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Last year's tournament was so good. Like, the national championship game went into OT and it wasn't even the best game of that weekend.

I died three times and we won the title. It was a perfect tournament.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

MSU at UVA triggers me so much

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

UVA might finish the season looking like a Final Four team but I don’t think they will start out anywhere near that good.

Sounds familiar

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Wish: I just can’t handle another loss to Sparty. Anything to avoid that.

*monkeys paw curls*

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Nur_Neerg posted:

To be fair, folks in VA are saying they cancelled not due to COVID, but due to being extremely terrible.

Our women’s team is always bad. It’s not why they cancelled.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

With Louisville losing to Miami, UVA is back in 1st in the ACC. They stomped a pretty good Clemson team tonight and seem to have found their balance after a slow start. They won't play like that every night, and I still don't think they're a Final Four type team, but maybe still good enough to win an ACC that doesn't have anybody really elite.

My opinion changed a lot today. I’m pretty sure they’re a second weekend team now at minimum.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Can't believe Duke gave us COVID

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

Jabari Abdur-Rahim is transferring out of UVA, a week after Casey Morsell entered the portal. I know everyone is losing people to transfers now but these two highlight a huge problem for Tony Bennett: his system takes too long to learn for first-years to stick around till they're trusted to play, especially when they have other options just a transfer away.

Bennett has been one of the best coaches in the country in terms of program and player development. But he doesn't look like getting the athleticism of the Guy/Hunter/Jerome/Diakite team any time soon, and you absolutely have to have athletes to hang right now. The only freshmen who play right away now are the ones who come in with very strong defensive fundamentals—but UVA isn't getting the type of five or high-four-star player who can do that and get buckets. Hence the struggle to score for just huge periods of time.

UVA won a bunch of games this year in a weak ACC but they were never convincing and absolutely no one was surprised to see them go out in the first round. If Bennett doesn't figure this out (and getting transfers back in only helps so much, they still have to learn the pack line), this will be the upper end of what they can expect to get out of a season.

We are two years removed from winning the title. I think this is a biiiit negative.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Did El Penis say he would rejoin the Pep Band if they hired Beard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Had no clue Denzel Valentine had a brother