Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Really sad to see Kruger go but dude has definitely earned his retirement.

I always stress about OU getting a new BBall coach. We have a decent pedigree, good resources, etc., but what coach worth their salt wants to be somewhere where basketball, even when it's good, is a distant second thought to football? The only times Lloyd Noble is full is Kansas, Texas, and Bedlam, and if Texas or OSU sucks then even those aren't a given. I feel like we were lucky to even get Kruger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

The crowd was probably half Kansas fans.

Yep, checks out.

I'm not the biggest college basketball fan ever so I have no idea how common this is but the ticket prices are tiered at "all games except OSU, Texas, and Kansas" < OSU and Texas < Kansas. Smart, but kinda giving away how little OU fans care about basketball.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I know these are just odds, and I'm very ignorant of college MBBall, but looking up Turgeon, that seems like it'd be a pretty underwhelming hire? A little success at Maryland, but kinda underperforming relative to their successes right before him.

Altman on the other hand seems like he'd be a solid hire. He has 40% of Oregon's all-time tournament appearances, all of which in the last 11 years.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

MourningView posted:

Turgeon would be a really bad hire, although he did an okay job this year given the roster issues I guess?

Altman is a great coach but also a huge piece of poo poo who has played multiple players who he knew were actively being investigated for sexual assault.

Well gently caress, those both suck. I won't pretend that OU is super squeaky clean but we've managed to avoid rape, etc. scandals over the last long while. I would hope Joe Castiglione knows to not hire someone who would jeopardize that, especially for the bastard stepchild basketball program.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

MourningView posted:

lmao

The guy responsible for by far the best stretch of basketball in school history is bad, actually

This seems like a pretty disingenuous reading of that post just to be a dick!

If I were a tech fan I'd be pretty "meh" feeling about Beard leaving: really sucks, but what ya gonna do? You're Texas Tech, this stuff is gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

MourningView posted:

I mean if you continue to read the post it's about how actually the assistant who Tech just happened to make head coach was the guy who was really responsible for them being good.

Yes, this definitely reads like someone who is saying the assistant was the brains all along and Beard had nothing to do with their success:

kayakyakr posted:

It sounds like the players are all campaigning for Adams to stay on as HC. It might not be the worst idea.

You know just as well as anyone that HCs can be good without being the genius behind various schemata.

I know being snippy is kinda your schtick but maybe try not defaulting to being an rear end in a top hat for a change? Especially over someone trying to come to terms with, as you said, "the guy responsible for by far the best stretch of basketball in school history" leaving?