Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

The Klowner posted:

just beat the game and I really enjoyed it. the ending was a little long and plot dump-y but I guess that's a Kojima thing?

anyway everything else about the game ruled. my favorite part of the game in hindsight was scaling mountains, walking around in the crunching snow and hauling rear end through snowstorms, just so incredibly immersive. I expect that the next time I play a third person adventure game it's going to bug me how effortless it is to walk on uneven ground.

The supernatural poo poo was badass too ofc.

The last delivery had me bawling like i was watching Dancer in the Dark again. say what you will about his plotting (and you should, it's all over the place), but when Kojima gets to a meaty emotional moment, it's really well done

the way Norman says "i'm sorry Lou" when you press the touchpad during the last walk to the incinerator was the best/worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Klowner posted:

just beat the game and I really enjoyed it. the ending was a little long and plot dump-y but I guess that's a Kojima thing?

anyway everything else about the game ruled. my favorite part of the game in hindsight was scaling mountains, walking around in the crunching snow and hauling rear end through snowstorms, just so incredibly immersive. I expect that the next time I play a third person adventure game it's going to bug me how effortless it is to walk on uneven ground.

The supernatural poo poo was badass too ofc.

The VA and facial animation for Die Hardman when his mask is off at the end is stunningly good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The VA and facial animation for Die Hardman when his mask is off at the end is stunningly good

It's one of the best performances I've ever seen in a video game. Tommie Earl Jenkins ftw

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's one of the best performances I've ever seen in a video game. Tommie Earl Jenkins ftw

Absolutely.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i thought there was gonna be some gameplay way to get out of doing the last delivery, so i got to the drop off and sat sam down and started pressing the touchpad, which made sam whistle "bb's tune" which was a real emotional gut punch

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/immolations/status/1312171176664330241/photo/1

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This. I would say all the actors did a great job turning even the jankiest dialogue into really great performances

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

where does he get his ideas

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ol yeller posted:

where does he get his ideas

We should kick his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
dropping off a 1 kilo package of high-performance underwear and nothing else to the craftsman and he says "can't have been easy carrying all that" nice humblebrag about your dick mate