Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

net cafe scandal posted:

It’s not in the game at all sadly. I think Africa was supposed to be way more effed up

in a way, all of us were Snake, and we were all Punished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Going "jeez, I can't use these real guns! I'll 'cause a void out! Better put them back on the cargo shelf" seems to have been a mistake, in hindsight.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Nitevision posted:

Just got to the spot where you get the floating cargo thing. I immediately surfed one down the next huge pristine slope and slammed straight into a boulder at the bottom, yard sale'ing all of my cargo. BB started screaming while a Low Roar song played out and I just sat stunned in the dark at how sick this game is.

i have shaken my controller out of frustration when BB cries more than once. it doesn't help

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

On my way to the incinerator. Still the intro I think.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tyler posted:

On my way to the incinerator. Still the intro I think.

I feel like the intro ends after you get back from that mission.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
highlight of the game is still knocking out mules with their own cargo

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
My fiancee got mad when I said that Sam doesn't get paid, or have days off. Telling her "it's the apocalypse" didn't help.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Arrhythmia posted:

My fiancee got mad when I said that Sam doesn't get paid, or have days off. Telling her "it's the apocalypse" didn't help.

He gets paid in likes, which is either utopian or dystopian I can't tell which

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

he gets paid in bombs every time he pees or poops. pretty sweet gig if u can get it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He also gets a p bitchin pad to stay in whenever he hits the next city. And unlimited Monster!

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
I ran over a MULE in a truck due to GTA simian brain kicking in. Feeling awful about it. Gonna fully load with cargo and let his friends beat me like a pinata as penance

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nitevision posted:

I ran over a MULE in a truck due to GTA simian brain kicking in. Feeling awful about it. Gonna fully load with cargo and let his friends beat me like a pinata as penance
Pretty sure that just knocks them out, you'll know if you've killed someone

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah trucks just knock them out as long as you don’t crush them against a wall or something

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

He gets paid in likes, which is either utopian or dystopian I can't tell which

getting paid in facebook likes? sounds like heaven

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Pretty sure that just knocks them out, you'll know if you've killed someone

That's a relief, I'm glad he's ok. And if his stupid rear end runs up on me again he's gonna catch the same hands. Business is booming.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Holding my breath, counting to 10, praying I don't make a mistake, as I walk by a mule camp with my quadruple rocket launcher.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah trucks just knock them out as long as you don’t crush them against a wall or something

if you run people over when they’re already down they can definitely die

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

bola a mule while he's crossing a river for a cute surprise

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Maya Fey posted:

bola a mule while he's crossing a river for a cute surprise

Haha i almost forgot about this; This is not a troll post - do this.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Die-hardman taking off his mask and Sam/Deathman looking at each other like "... that's it?" ftw

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

i wanna build more roads and not read another ten thousand emails telling me about what a magazine is. Maybe Call of Duty a BT into the next dimension with my 4x pissshit rocket launcher

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

man, I genuinely loved the snowy area part especially when you lost your "ahem" ability to detect BTs.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Deciding to try to cut through a snowy mountain pass after Mama’s sister told me to pound sand, struggling for like half an hour, and then finding a time fall shelter on the exact spot that the mountain face reconnects to the chiral network so you know someone else had the same dumbass idea you did and decided to build something to make it easier for the next idiot is such a cool kind of moment. That stuff feels more collaborative than if you actually saw and directly worked with other players

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Does anyone know which is the last chapter you can freely roam the map in? or can you do that after you've beaten the game? i really want to do more story missions but would like to have a final tour of the map getting everyone to 5 stars at some point

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Brasseye posted:

Does anyone know which is the last chapter you can freely roam the map in? or can you do that after you've beaten the game? i really want to do more story missions but would like to have a final tour of the map getting everyone to 5 stars at some point

There is free-roam after you beat the game.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Brasseye posted:

Pablo's right, but the last chapter before things pop off is 8.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
:tipshat:

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
Quote this post if you LOVE leaving signs in the middle of roads and ramps in distro centers! It's a great way to earn likes and bring joy to other players! Please quote this post if you agree.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
https://twitter.com/MiaFarrow/status/1303094816712974336

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1303725730216529927?s=20

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Finished with about 90 hours played. definitely going to be one of the very few games i replay every couple of years

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
https://www.nexusmods.com/deathstranding/mods/3

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

twisted Joker sam uses his poo poo and piss as weap- ah. Hmm

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

gotta find a reliable source of metals since everything takes so much to build. other than just frontal assaulting a MULE camp, any other way?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

gotta find a reliable source of metals since everything takes so much to build. other than just frontal assaulting a MULE camp, any other way?

Taking missions to schlep metal to another location and then taking all of the metal out of that location once you've finished it was my go to if resources are already low at any of the cities and stations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

esperterra posted:

Taking missions to schlep metal to another location and then taking all of the metal out of that location once you've finished it was my go to if resources are already low at any of the cities and stations.

Lol ya, me when I roll up with the ceramics for a facility 30 seconds before I withdraw them again

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Nitevision posted:

Quote this post if you LOVE leaving signs in the middle of roads and ramps in distro centers! It's a great way to earn likes and bring joy to other players! Please quote this post if you agree.

The signs are good, if you want to make note of things like BT areas and places where zip lines should go.

went back to the starting area to 5-star a bunch of the places there and zip lines change the game completely and I can see why they weren't there at the start

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It took some work but I managed to set up a zipline network in the first map so you could hit every delivery area from capital knot to port knot without touching the ground and without capping out on bandwidth. There was an excellent zipline placement from another player on top of a mountain over the BT area that leads to port knot which made it possible. There was also a zipline placed on a cliff near Wind Farm that killed me when I dismounted from it. This is the yin/yang of Death Stranding's online experience.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jenny Agutter posted:

twisted Joker sam uses his poo poo and piss as weap- ah. Hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just beat the game and I really enjoyed it. the ending was a little long and plot dump-y but I guess that's a Kojima thing?

anyway everything else about the game ruled. my favorite part of the game in hindsight was scaling mountains, walking around in the crunching snow and hauling rear end through snowstorms, just so incredibly immersive. I expect that the next time I play a third person adventure game it's going to bug me how effortless it is to walk on uneven ground.

The supernatural poo poo was badass too ofc.