Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006
Gravel bikes are best bikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006
Spirit of Gravel closed some roads on my post-Christmas, still-cold-having spin out.
Some track and some mud in the woods. Best part of the ride.

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Maybe it's just really flared bars? Was wondering the same.

It’s this. These are the bars.

Fantastic for bikepacking as you can get a 20L dry bag on the bars and still change gear.

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006
Stopped being windy long enough for the Spirit of Gravel to show me the way to some sunshine.

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006
The Spirit of Gravel led me to a good wall.

And then some more gravel

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006
Planned event ride was cancelled as my ride buddy was ill. Channelled the Spirit of Gravel and went to find some squares instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006

Dumbdog posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for bib shorts with storage thar aren't too expensive.
Also I think the spirit of gravel in yorkshire riding stuff that great needs a mountain bike but you couldn't ever be arsed to ride your mountain bike to? I'm jealous of all the mega gravel roads you all have in the states

The SpExcel ones for me have been good up to 200km on the road. Victory Chimp ones are also in funky colours if you’re UK based, though they’re more ‘usual’ pricing (expensive).

And yes, Yorkshire gravel is why my ‘gravel bike’ has 2.1” tyres and is slacker than my hard tail.