Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
East Bay grav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Definitely counts. I'm jelly.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Crumps Brother posted:

Back to back gravel centuries this weekend. I somehow managed 15,000' in the process as well. I'm toast.
Super good

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Thank you for posting all of those photos. Looks incredible

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Crumps Brother posted:

I had another gravel race this weekend. I DNFed. It was pretty awesome.

Holy hell, nice work. Would love to read a trip report once you're recuperated.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

ElMaligno posted:

A size 54 Renegade S3, im picking it up tomorrow.
Very nice

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’m doing a 500km/6,000m elevation race on gravel with a “majority of grade 1 roads with prolonged stretches of grade 2 and 3 and a few short sections of grade 4+”. I obviously don’t want to be undertired but I also don’t want to be rolling slow.

Right now I have Clement Xplor MSO 650x50s, or Rene Herse Babyshoe Pass Extralight 650x42s.

The Xplor is ~662g. The Babyshoe is ~373g.

I’m thinking the Xplor will give me more protection but obviously roll slower and the route has a decent amount of climbing.

I’m also open to another tire that is more robust than the Babyshoe but lighter than the Xplor. Any suggestions? They’d need to be 650b for my dynamo wheel.
I ride with the Babyshoe Pass XLs tubeless and they've been solid for non-loose surfaces. They don't have sufficient tread for loose gravel on steep climbs but are great for bad tarmac, dirt roads and packed/pea gravel. I did have a front tire blow out which resulted in a nasty crash while descending on the road on tire with maybe 2,000 miles on it. Likely hit some kind of debris but not sure. I've ridden them on some chunky rocks and they didn't disintegrate but the grip isn't great on slick stuff. All that being said, I've never ridden anything else on that bike so can't compare to the Xplors.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

jamal posted:

There's this loop, that's a really long way, that i've been thinking about doing.
That's some good gravel spirit!

And impressively low HR. Mine always seems to end up in the 160s-170s at the end of long rides when the temp gets up in the 90s.

Awesome ride and excellent trip report as usual.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

El Laucha posted:

Another 400km of gravel done, this time with support.
Good lord this is good. Mind if I ask about how much these supported rides cost? How many people typically ride them and is it usually the same crew or a bunch of randoms?

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Hell yeah, awesome ride and even better trip report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Those look really great!