Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
The Knard isn’t actually that aggressive and it doesn’t set up tubeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

I felt the Spirit in me today

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Hell yes. The Spirit lives in you. :ghost:

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

Yes there's a pandemic on, but we can acknowledge that without dog piling on El Laucha for sharing gravel riding pics in the thread for gravel riding. He's not going to un-take that trip.

They did acknowledge it respectfully without dogpiling on him, so I’m glad we’re all in agreement. The pictures are beautiful, the ride looks amazing, and there’s an ongoing pandemic. I think we’re all looking forward to doing rides like that when it’s safe. It’s ridiculous that you’re bristling in response to people politely and correctly pointing out that this sort of thing is contradicted by basically all public health guidance.

Anyway, I rode some dirt and met some turkeys.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

found some gravel. slightly less scenic.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Blackhawk posted:

Did a 4-day gravel ride around central Otago, south island of New Zealand, over the Christmas-New Year break.

This looks incredible!

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

I feel the Spirit with us tonight. Great rides and photos.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

tylertfb posted:

Has anybody done any gravel riding around Gunnison Colorado? Possibly visiting family friends there for a week in July and am looking for some routes to ride.

Maybe head up to Crested Butte if you can? Gunnison is nice, but it’ll be real hot and CB is unreal. If you wanted to ride there you could try taking 730 along Ohio Creek from Gunnison up to Kebler Pass road. Kebler Pass itself will be spectacular that time of year. You could also ride from downtown CB up over Schofield Pass then go back through Oh Be Joyful on 734. I don’t know what the conditions or the roads are like other than Kebler Pass (busy, beautiful) and 317 up to Schofield Pass (also insanely beautiful). Just wanted to offer some ideas.

Gothic Valley looking down from the 401 trail off Schofield Pass.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

did gravel today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Dutymode posted:

Hey Denver goons, I rode the Waterton Canyon Trail this afternoon and I think I need more of this in my life.

Nice! Love that bike. Waterton Canyon remains the only place I’ve ever seen a ringtail.