Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Can anyone recommend me a decent entry to mid-level women's gravel bike? Budget is around $1500.

Partial Octopus fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Thanks for the replies. I should have added more info. I'm shopping for a bike for my partner. She's 5'6 with a 31.5" inseam. I'd like to start bringing her with me on long dirt path rides as well as some easy singletrack and maybe some road rides too. Maybe eventually do some gravel grinders once she gets more into it. She's pretty fit so we would definitely be doing long-ish rides. I'd like to get her something with a 1x drivetrain too.

Also I did not know about women's bikes being virtually the same. I figured they all had shorter reach and a higher stack. I had originally planned on getting her a Canyon Grail AL but they're basically all sold out.

I've been searching for uses bikes lately but I haven't found much.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Cannon_Fodder posted:

My Poseidon redwood hits those marks. It's direct to consumer. Size small might be perfect.

That's the only new bike I can think of that was immediately available. It has its quirks but I'm really enjoying it.

There's some neat jamis bikes out there too.

https://bikerumor.com/2015/01/13/review-jamis-renegade-adventure-gravel-bike-lets-you-go-rogue-from-the-roads/

Nicer than the Redwood. Better components, not sure about availability. Also has a 2x drivetrain if that's a deal breaker.

How's the groupset on the poseidon? I'm not familiar with that brand.