Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

He's a virulent misogynist projecting his own beliefs onto all men and boys and thus "protects" his daughter from youthful manifestations of his own beliefs. He treats anyone who might approach his daughter as a predator because his own attitudes towards women are predatory and degrading and he assumes every other male is like him; in fact, he believes that his misogyny and predatory beliefs are in fact natural and the fundamental state of men, their natural instincts. That is how "protective" fathers are, they consider it part of the natural order that boys can't control themselves and thus it is the father's duty to protect his daughter since "boys will be boys." Female sexuality on the other hand is aberrant and promiscuity is the sign of a lost and unnaturally decadent girl so he gets her "checked" to make sure she hasn't been sullied or corrupted.

Mix that with a heaping dosing of making sure your daughter doesn't "shame" you by becoming a whore in your eyes and you have a recipe for massive insecurity becoming an abusive and controlling behavior pattern concerning his daughter.

Sexually protective fathers are loving creepy lunatics.

Good post

Spins fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MustardFacial posted:

While true, sexually predatory boys do exist (largely because male culture is loving poison when you're a teenager and you are indoctrinated into thinking acting like this is the right way to be) and teenagers make stupid decisions all the time.

Having said that, there is a world of difference between sitting your daughter down and having a frank and honest discussion with her about the dangers that are out there and taking her to the doctor to check her loving hymen.

Yes, but the answer to that is emotional support, preperation (teaching safety, what warning signs to look for, telling them that saying no is always okay and to set boundaries) and developing a rapport and relationship with your child that if they ever feel threatened, uncomfortable, or that something happens, you will not judge and will focus on helping them and being there for them rather than raging and punishing them; and if punishment is warranted, that you do so coolly and calmly without emotional or physical reprisal. Kids often fear the emotional aspect of punishment more than the actual tangible consequences. They aren't really afraid of being grounded, they're afraid of being screamed at, hit, or degraded by someone who ostensibly loves and provides for them in an environment they can't easily escape.

Additionally, the typical parental methods of making sure you know where she is by communicating with her, giving her a time table to be home by, and getting to know any potential partners in a reasonable fashion so you can figure out who they are and tell if they potentially are a shithead since browbeating does nothing but either make them dishonestly obsequious or defensive, oftentimes the most "respectful" boys are only that way because of their parents, and those parents might be fundie, conservative asswipes with terrible ideas about women that the kid then ends up internalizing. Countless rapists are "good boys with a lot of potential." Unless the warning signs are exceedingly obvious you literally can't tell, but you also can't become overbearing or deny your daughter a life because risk exists. They're teens, if they really want to, they'll find a way to get around you and lie to you about it and entrench themselves in situations they then feel they can't come to you about.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Yes, but the answer to that is emotional support, preperation (teaching safety, what warning signs to look for, telling them that saying no is always okay and to set boundaries) and developing a rapport and relationship with your child that if they ever feel threatened, uncomfortable, or that something happens, you will not judge and will focus on helping them and being there for them rather than raging and punishing them; and if punishment is warranted, that you do so coolly and calmly without emotional or physical reprisal. Kids often fear the emotional aspect of punishment more than the actual tangible consequences. They aren't really afraid of being grounded, they're afraid of being screamed at, hit, or degraded by someone who ostensibly loves and provides for them in an environment they can't easily escape.

Additionally, the typical parental methods of making sure you know where she is by communicating with her, giving her a time table to be home by, and getting to know any potential partners in a reasonable fashion so you can figure out who they are and tell if they potentially are a shithead since browbeating does nothing but either make them dishonestly obsequious or defensive, oftentimes the most "respectful" boys are only that way because of their parents, and those parents might be fundie, conservative asswipes with terrible ideas about women that the kid then ends up internalizing. Countless rapists are "good boys with a lot of potential." Unless the warning signs are exceedingly obvious you literally can't tell, but you also can't become overbearing or deny your daughter a life because risk exists. They're teens, if they really want to, they'll find a way to get around you and lie to you about it and entrench themselves in situations they then feel they can't come to you about.

When I said:

quote:

sitting your daughter down and having a frank and honest discussion with her about the dangers that are out there

I had taken everything you said as rote, because really you can't have a frank and honest discussion and expect them to listen to you unless you've laid the years of groundwork of everything you've said above.

But I often forget that this is GBS where you have to be very specific about how you say things or else or you'll be faced with a literal two paragraphs of "Being a Decent Human Being 101". But then again, my daughter is only 3 and I'm just making this poo poo up as I go along. So really, what do I know.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

As a father of a daughter I am terrified of this planet and its population, thanks, big time fan, first time caller, I'll hang up and listen

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MustardFacial posted:

When I said:

I had taken everything you said as rote, because really you can't have a frank and honest discussion and expect them to listen to you unless you've laid the years of groundwork of everything you've said above.

But I often forget that this is GBS where you have to be very specific about how you say things or else or you'll be faced with a literal two paragraphs of "Being a Decent Human Being 101". But then again, my daughter is only 3 and I'm just making this poo poo up as I go along. So really, what do I know.

Fool I was agreeing with you and elaborating on the right thing to do. Quit FREAKIN and GEEKUN

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm so mad now

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

sometimes a guy just needs professional help to maintain jurisdiction over his daughter's pussy, and he's man enough to admit that.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

How does "voting rights", exactly, protect a minor of any sex, under care of a licensed physician asking them to perform an exam?

Please dear GOD don't get started on abortion rights by the childs' parents or determining who knocked up their baby-daughter and all that entails. Please believe me when I say that I understand that.
In the case of a minor, being brought in under the umbrella of their parent's medical care, ARE there tests the doctors cannot or will-not do upon request? Are you SURE of that? Even if creepy as poo poo?

What I'm trying to state, is that "If you're a minor, and subject to your parents health care laws, and this is a stipulation that they can ask for" what legal recourse would ANYONE have? As much as I'd like to blame one thing or the other, "Exclusive voting rights because you want them" isn't the answer, no matter how painful that sounds.

It was a lame women's suffrage/slippery slope joke.

Cause it's about a woman's slippery slope.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m a good daddy to my littles

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well if you have to ask, then...

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Well this thread certainly took a turn

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
We should test our large sons for virginity imo

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I showed this to my wife and she went on a huge tangent it was great

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lol.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm crying now because the other poster was mean to me where is my protective father to deal with this who will be MY daddy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

It was a lame women's suffrage/slippery slope joke.

Cause it's about a woman's slippery slope.

so no, then.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Fool I was agreeing with you and elaborating on the right thing to do. Quit FREAKIN and GEEKUN

Well then I'M SORRY! JEEZE GET OFF MY BACK!

:v:

[edit]
I sent that article to my wife.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 7, 2019

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypXT4-_pkmc

also I am the best father because by never siring any children in the first place I have spared them a life of pain and horror in this, anno domini 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm a good daddy to your daughter, OP. At least that's what she says.

Yo

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I'd like to believe that the gynecologist would just tell her straight up this is bullshit, talk about how inappropriate it is and maybe do a regular gyn checkup, then tell this dickhead exactly what he wants to hear even if her hymen isn't in tact because it's none of his drat business.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm selling hymen insurance.

Premiums start at $350 per month but that cost goes up the more you use it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I don't have kids I know about so maybe he's not talking about me

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All he probably did was create an absolute blowjob machine.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thanks OP i hate this

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

so no, then.

I'm real confused still.

Edit: reddit is actually hating on ti for this, maybe there is hope.

1st_Panzer_Div. fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 7, 2019

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
So glad my only child is a male

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Well he better not mess with his hymen either :bahgawd:

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

god saw fit to give everyone a hymen and I'll be damned if those Antifa and BLM thugs are going to get mine

taking my daughter to the gynecologist and then shoving my way to the front of the line so I can scream "DOC, CHECK MY HYMEN I THINK THE CLINTONS MIGHT HAVE STOLE IT"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

There oughta be some kind of prostate hymen

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

There isn't. I've checked

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

vyst posted:

There isn't. I've checked

Duh the act of checking has removed it, you absolute nincompoop

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just get high, man. :rznv:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Colonel Cancer posted:

We offer free checks as part of registration. Please checkin in at qqcs.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
gently caress the whole world bring the apocalypse

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Not just because of this, because of humanity on the whole

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm a good father to my dog :kiddo:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Now his boys, on the other hand...

quote:

When King told his father at 14 that he was sexually active, the rapper wasn't happy but laughed it off.

"I don't want any of my children to have sex before it's time for them, but who's to say when it's time?" he said.

"However, I will definitely feel different about a boy than I will about a girl. 

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Haha this guy is one of the singers on Blurred Lines? loving hell. :ughh:

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 7, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MikeJF posted:

Now his boys, on the other hand...

He needs be sent to hell. I sincerely hate this man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I don't think that the word 'protective' is the correct one to descrive his behaviour.