Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The place where Stroll got a podium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think this would be a good time to tell you all about the cool and good Italian racing brand MV Agusta, which is cool and good. This is in contrast to Scuderia Fiat Chrysler Peugeot Ferrari SpA, which is not.

Exhibit A: best logo

It is flashy and in your face, as Italians should be. Not a sad yellow horse, which is low energy. Sad.

Exhibit B: they won 500GP championships for 15 years straight, including with Surtees, who was cool and good, and who also drove for Ferrari, which was surely a low point in his career

Exhibit C: Giacomo Agostini raced on MV bikes, the most handsome of race men and the winner of 8 top level championships as opposed to Michael "Schumacher"'s mere 7. He also won the Isle of Man TT multiple times, an entry prerequisite of which is that the rider must be cool and good

Agusta also made helicopters which are cool and not cars which are sad.

In conclusion it can be summarized that Ferrari are the saddest of Italian brands, making as they do sad vehicles which have 4 wheels, the saddest of vehicles, and respectable fans should support Meccanica Verghera Agusta which is not sad.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I genuinely pity lewis, to have one's name on an MV and not to have it on an MV with the 4 into 4 pipes. Sad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
8 weeks until Fernando Alonso wins the Dakar rally (held in Saudi Arabia, 6000 miles from Dakar) because Peugeot and BMW/Mini pulled out so Toyota finally wasn't the slowest car!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I saw a video of a dude with an AliExpress 5 point harness in his track day car and despite some hyperbolic criticism of the device it must be conceded that he did survive a crash in it caused by his extremely poor corner entry, just saying

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Not sure why they went with a horse instead of a donkey for maximum accuracy :shrug:
I don't understand your metaphor, are you implying the Ross era Ferrari sucked? Our Ross? How dare you?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait so Dakar is still in south America this time? I thought it was moving to everyone's favorite forward thinking and progressive nation-state, Saudi Arabia?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Aardvark Barber posted:

i'm going to see ford v. ferrari tonight

Sorry that's sports car racing not F1 racing that doesn't belong in the F1 thread. We stay on topic in the F1 thread

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
90 years of emotions? Are they aware they're supposed to be motor racing and not just emoting?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The sun never sets on the Lewis Empire #rulehamiltonia

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Lewis to win this weekend?
Was there ever a weekend Lewis didn't win? MWDC 2007-2025 inclusive

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Tsaedje posted:

Uh you'd better be including a break for 2009 in there
OK, agreed

Agreed again! #forzarossie

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Roger should buy a cool and good series like NASCAR

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I would now very much like to see Vettel in a fez

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
In honor of the 2019 Gran Premio Do Brasil I have found a local gas station which has fan swag #forzajair

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

We really need to change qualifying
Didn't they try that in 2016? Worked great, big success

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Good job max. I expect he’ll finish 4th but it will somehow be considered a masterclass by posters itt
I would like to propose a new series award to be held racely or yearly along with the Moral World Drivers Championship and Moral World Constructors Championship: Moral Polesitter and Moral World Polesitters Championship. All subsequent awards preemptively to be presented to Lewis Hamilton

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

Wondering how spectacularly Vettel is going to gently caress it
Wonder no more, friend

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait did HAM get a penalty? I didn't hear that in the post-race poo poo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Say what you want about Sad Seb the Scud Dud but he is a legit motorcycle enthusiast who owns legit motorcycles and rides them to the tracks. He does not simply have bikes named after him like Their Lewis and Their Ayrton.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Vetstappen

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

colachute posted:

Charl’s true potential is being sabotaged by a sub tier amateur clownshow called Ferrari
To be fair, Ferrari is a top tier big money clownshow

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Worth noting that the only honest Italian team is Scuderia Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, because Ferrari are not honest and Alfa is Swiss

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
No way, Switzerland is France or Germany

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

OhsH posted:

Actually, racism owns

Are you a soccer fan from Italy?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Big Huski Boi posted:

Title-winning good
You could say that about anyone though if they had the right car. I mean which drivers couldn't win in a Mercedes? If you assume Lewis isn't in the other seat anyway. Probably only KUB and STR huh?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think Max could beat Lewis if he could keep from making mistakes. Right now though Max makes mistakes. He's not Schumi levels of ruthlessness + tactical thinking.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Khablam posted:

So does lewis under pressure. He's never looked comfortable racing Max and getting overtaken twice in one race like a punk is going to have made that worse in his head.
His half lunge at Albon was a move 2017/early 2018 Max would be criticised for making.

Lewis swanning away faultlessly at the front is entirely a function of him being there in the first place. He's had no challenger, except in 2016, which he lost.
Lewis lost the mind-games to Nico, and Max has already proven he's better at antagonising Lewis than Nico ever was.

It'll be a drat exciting season if they're ever consistently in similar equipment across it.
Agreed on your assessment that Our Rossie is the best driver of the era. Godspeed you in your posting endeavors, friend.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
F1 2020 - lol Ferrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
:ck5:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That's a bold loving claim, my friend. Days of Thunder is almost tied with Rush as the best motor racing drama of all time. No joke.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

The Ferrari shenanigans in GP are :discourse:
I was about to disagree with you on Grand Prix but yes for the insider these character interactions in the movie are entertaining. But no, I do disagree, Grand Prix (and Le Mans also) suffer serious cinematic flaws. As films they suck. The cinematography and race footage are amazing but the characters suck, the plot is stupid and uninteresting. The only character even worth caring about is Sarti but he's not featured much.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Frond posted:

Rush and Grand Prix are also really well done.
Rush is well done except for the race footage (not a small concern in a racing movie) and Grand Prix is only well done in the race footage. Seriously disappointed in little Opie's decision making with regard to the driving scenes.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Which manifold was supposed to have been in danger?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

I prefer OS/2 Warp
As a Thread Elder I used OS/2 pre-Warp

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Khablam posted:

anything opensource is inherently the work of Stallman, and therefore bad,
How can a morally grounded and rational citizen doubt this obvious fact? Open source is literally the Jeffrey Epstein's plane of software

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I just read Benson's fluff piece on Lewis and all I have to say is

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Someone needs to set up a website like they did for Maldonado, haslewisgottenintheretoday.com

Should have set it up 5 years ago actually

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Who the gently caress did this masterpiece?
Also worth noting that Lewis's teammate jettisoned the love of his life, dooming himself to a lifetime of regret and loneliness, just to beat Lewis. And then the next weekend Lewis beat him to pole. #blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GET IN THERE LEWIS
He was out of DRS range at the end of the first lap. Not that that matters, since F1 doesn't have DRS anymore