Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

[edit]

iospace posted:

Fastest car is defined as qualifying on the pole. Punishment is cumulative at the end of the season.

total: 1 week.

Wait, so Ferrari only qualified on pole and then went on to win once? Hahaha what a bunch of clowns.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
iospace, your math is off. Ferrari qualified on pole in Belgium, Italy, and Singapore and also won those three races. So my toxx is 3 weeks, not 1.

However, they also got pole 6 more times this season and have jack poo poo to show for it because they're a bunch of fraudulent fuckmen.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Minto Took posted:

MV Agusta also are responsible for this thing:

Take it as you will.

Bad bikes.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Khablam posted:

"Things that are objectively better are just for nerds, I buy Apple as I am cool" -- thread dipshits.
Buy some bose QC35's or the 2nd generation Sony MDR-1000x for about the same price as those apple buds and they'll, as I said, be literally better in every metric.

Bose is just as poo poo as Apple OP. Sorry you had to find out this way.

1500 quid is right and anything over bluetooth is poo poo enough audio quality to make stuff like sennheisers and EKC and whatever other audiophile jerkoff headphones largely a waste of money. Apple airpods are a waste of money as well just because they are way too loving expensive for what they are, but like I'm not going to get mad at people for buying them. There are apparently some really good noise cancelling earbuds on AliExpress for like $70 but I haven;'t tried those out yet so YMMV.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

track day bro! posted:

i never said anything about how I look, i find over ear headphones uncomfortable when comuting and the fact that they have anc while being compact sounds appealing to me. i don't give a poo poo about having the best sound quality as i mainly listen to podcasts when i comute and maybe i'll use em at the gym while blasting poo poo from youtube

i wasn't going to buy a pair anyways, but seeing as you hate them so much I decided to order them!

For $20 you can't really lose
someone in the AliExpress thread recommended these as well

It's your money, do what you want but if you're not looking for audiophile quality, I bet these will meet 99% of your expectations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

the kentucky quid posted:

DO NOT BUY loving ELECTRONICS OF ALI EXPRESS PLEASE CHRIST

Those Xiaomi ones I linked earlier are just the Chinese Domestic Market versions of the exact same ones they sell here for like $100. Some electronics are fine to buy off AliExpress, you just have to do more than 30 seconds of research on what you are buying and don't buy the absolute cheapest version on the site.

Obviously yes, don't buy anything from there you would trust your life on and consider everything disposable.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

:golfclap:

Khablam posted:

Hey hey this isn't audiophile wankery dude.
:words:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Max Moseley is cool and good.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I'm at work putting $30,000 worth of RAM into a $100,000 blade server.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
flour tortillas are just bigger roti
corn tacos are just thinner makki di roti
Just loving lol if you make food that is so bland and tasteless you have to put hot sauce on it.
Just loving lol if you're not making food with spices and 17 million scoville in the loving pot so every goddamn bite is not only a flavour explosion but also melting your face off.

[edit] My parents just came back from Mexico City and were complaining that the food was so bland, that as soon as they got home my mom made a pot of daal and goat curry just so they could taste something again.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 12, 2019

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

I BOUGHT SOME ALI EXPRESS HEADPHONES BECAUSE THIS AUDIOPHILE ON YOUTUBE RECOMMENDED THEM AND NOW THEY RELEASED NEW VERSIONS THAT ARE BETTER AND HE RECOMMENDS GETTING THOSE INSTEAD. gently caress

DO NOT BUY loving ELECTRONICS OF ALI EXPRESS PLEASE CHRIST

marshalljim posted:

Your parents have lost the ability to taste anything but massive quantities of turmeric. It happens.

Turmeric is delicious. Just like, don't eat it everyday because that poo poo changes your body chemistry and you loving stink.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

BubbaGrace posted:

It's like people don't know Tex-Mex is not the same as authentic Mexican food.

https://youtu.be/MpU_1f6PRUs?t=55s

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I have a Sony Walkman but it’s a new one for digital files. I use it for bikepacking trips bc the battery lasts forever

Is it this one:

Because I also have that one and the battery indeed lasts forever and it rules.

Khablam posted:

~39 cast iron pans.

12" or 10" ?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
All responses that are not Alton Brown are irrefutably wrong.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

NtotheTC posted:

i got probated for saying russians suck at dota which is just pathetic it's like saying ferrari suck at f1

That is an unjust probe.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

OK YOU loving DUMBSFUCKS here is the deal, what you need to do is rack up a couple of lines of coke in preapartion and then feed your sister a feew rum and cokes to get he rin the mood (do not mix the coca cola with the coke you loving idiot) and then what ypu have to do is get the engine in your M3 prepped because you dont want tot blast the gently caress out of the engine until its u[ to temparature or you'lll blow it like a 16 year old on a first date getting touched by your high school cruch tyou fuckijng pansy lol

anyway, once your sister is appropriately lubricated and has watched some glory reel ferrari footage on Sky Sports F1, get her in the car on the premies of doing some loving wikked sick burnouts. Once the burnours are done she shoudl be ideally warmed up - this si when you do the lines of coke you racked up earlier and then proceed to gently caress you sister in the backset of the BMW M3.

Do not wipe the hand and foot prints off the sweaty windows.

I don't have an M3 or get Sky Sports F1. How do I do this op?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Watched the race last night, here are the hot takes everyone has been patiently waiting for:

- Lewis Hamilton is a binman fraud.
- Albon is a good lad and was robbed
- McLaren are good as hell
- lol Ferrari

Thank you for your time.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

colachute posted:

The only way to prove Lewis has the ability to *~*get in there*~* is simple.

Put him in a Ferrari Racing Point for the last season before the rule changes.

Otherwise he’s a fraud forever.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

If Lance Stroll can't win in a Racing Point, what hope does Hamilton have?

This is a good and well considered point. But I was thinking Hamilton would replace that fraud Perez so Stroll could show him what a real racing driver looks like.

Chills.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

I bought it from Ikea and have race car bed sheets, I am a grown up.

post pics op

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That's a bold loving claim, my friend. Days of Thunder is almost tied with Rush as the best motor racing drama of all time. No joke.

I believe you are forgetting about a little movie called The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift

:colbert:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

Fast and the Furious is poo poo rear end garbage piss for dumbass millennial retards who think you can funnel a gallon of nitrous oxide through a Japanese car over the space of 5 seconds and it won't poo poo a conrod because they tuned a Suzuki Escudo to 1200bhp on Gran Turismo in 1998.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Nobody replied to my post in SH/SC and I had to figure it out myself. Thanks for nothing goons.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

Buy a Mac??

Work tried to give me a macbook and I used it for a week and traded it in for an XPS 13 because it felt like using a lovely version of linux.

Like if I'm going to use linux, at least let me use full linux and not some lovely watered down version.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

Ok so we've established you're a stupid dumbass because you'd acttually choose to use Linux - an OS controlled by the proto-Musk who thinks insane screeds over email groups is cool and good, so I guess the only logical followup is why you didn't get a RAZER BLADE instead of some poo poo laptop with a nose cam?

poo poo's my job dude. Here's my business card:

Actually the Mac version of Linux is far superior to the toe scab picking version 🙄

I bet you use emacs instead of vim

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Khablam posted:

MaxOS has nothing in common with Linux at the kernel level, which is what the comment is about.
Mac OS is a micro kernel (their original pre-NeXT OS) and a monolithic kernel heavily based on FreeBSD, but essentially copied the architecture rather than lifted the code wholesale.
Linux was written after this, based on neither, and is a single monolithic kernel. It's why it's vastly more effecient and runs most of the servers in the world.
Windows is essentially the MacOS model but without the monolithic kernel and cobbles together everything one should do out of higher level components. This is why it's largely slower, larger, and fundamentally insecure by design.

Saying they're all the same because some userland tools and switches share the same name is like saying every car is "basically the same" because they have a steering wheel and a button that says air conditioning.

Windows had a monolithic kernel until like win2k or something.

But yeah, the major difference between most flavours of *nix is the package manager.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Minto Took posted:

Remember how ten years ago we hated each other? lol

Did you get my pm about McDonald's? There actually is no small combo.

You never responded so I don't know if you got the message or not, just FYI.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Tagdoodle posted:

I am new to Formula One, this is my first season watching. Was Ricciardo (and the Renault team) supposed to be... good? He seemed like a perfectly good mid field racer, but everyone talks about him like its a big disappointment?

The big disappointment is the he went to Renault. He is a capable driver who is good and means well under normal non-Renault circumstances.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

poty posted:

In my opinion Lewis is the funniest driver, with the best personality.

You are a bad judge of character. Everything Lewis does is phony and disingenuous.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

NtotheTC posted:

Alright chill out PETA he tickled it he didn't show it your posting history

Lmao, nominated for 2020 poty

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Lewis is poo poo.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

When am I being inducted for teaching his kid how to change a carb jet?

You're being put on a list

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I think of RBR as "Honda Adrian Newey Formula 1 Team". Title sponsor, Red Bull.

It seems ok to like them thinking about it in this context.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

I still remember the day Layne Staley died like it was yesterday. Me and my friend Paul were making fun of the spanish kids with velcro shoes in 7th grade shop class and next thing I know the loudspeaker goes off and has the guidance counselor on it telling me to report to the office, I go in and my uncle Darrell who I havent seen since I was a toddler was standing there with this look of emptiness and poo poo. “Get in the car dude,” he said and I am thinking the worst has happened. Well I ask what was wrong and he just looked at me and said, “Layne OD’d,” and I asked him who the gently caress that was. He took out a cassette and popped it in the tape deck, cranked the volume up, and passed me a joint even though he knew I never smoked before. We took off and Alice in Chains – The Rooster played all the way thru, we were both stoned silent the whole time and my mind was completely blown. “That singer is dead now man,” and from there on out I have just had this insane outlook on life.

Post of the year

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

maffew buildings posted:

Hey guys confused on the Lance Stroll hate. He won a lower series championship, has a podium and is really young with a lot of time to improve, why is everyone down on him?

Most of this thread think Lewis is a good driver instead of the boring pissbaby he is. These troglodytes wouldn't know a good driver if he came 3rd in the 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

Thanks Baku.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Big Huski Boi posted:

This dude thinks capitalism is good, pay him no mind.

I never said capitalism was good. Don't put words in my mouth. I said your solution to capitalism was both bad and dumb and would never loving happen.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Big Huski Boi posted:

Mmmmm, boots

Shut the gently caress up wicka

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

spaceblancmange posted:

Lance "My Father is in Epstein's little black book and therefore is involved in sex trafficking and so am I" Stroll loving sucks.

Lance Stroll is good op.

His father's money doesn't steer the car.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

what is mgtow? sorry, I am not terminally online

Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Carth Dookie posted:

It'd be fine if it was just dudes going: you know what? Screw it: live in a van and cash jobs and life experiences until I die and I'm not going to inflict that lifestyle on a wife or kids because that would be irresponsible

You can't make pithy acronyms about that.