Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

You Am I posted:

isn't there still races to go this season?
the interlagos circuit got stolen, so the event was cancelled.
No one counts anything that happens at Yas Marina as a race.

so no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

You Am I posted:

loving bunch of dumb shits, no wonder the US and UK are so hosed up these days
The UK owns pretty hard and doesn't celebrate people who see a challenge and run away crying to a cheating team.
I literally laugh every time I remember how Max's mere existence caused Dan to poo poo his whole career into the bin hahahah

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Idk who these guys are do they race in MACAU maybe?

Can we stay on topic in the F1 thread? Neither of these have a career in F1.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

I'm thinking of buying those Apple AirPods Pro, the noise canceling thing sounds pretty cool seeing as the only other noise cancelling earbuds look pretty bulky in comparison. I should probably get a Green Apple iPhone 11 Pro to go with them.
For the price of these dumbass things you can buy a pair of decent over-ear ANC headphones in a sale that are better in every measurable way.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"Things that are objectively better are just for nerds, I buy Apple as I am cool" -- thread dipshits.
Buy some bose QC35's or the 2nd generation Sony MDR-1000x for about the same price as those apple buds and they'll, as I said, be literally better in every metric.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

i love how you still totally ignored the fact that i dont want to wear big over ear headphones while commuting
"I want to buy an objectively worse product because *gulp* strangers might judge me OMG"

No one cares if you're wearing larger headphones, if you look around you most people with their head screwed on right are.
Hipster dipshits and teen girls though?

Airpods.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

I remember a study they did on wine tasters where they blindfold them and these experts were unable to accurately tell a goddamn thing about any wine they tasted- up to and including "is this wine white or red?"

Apply that to audiophiles and headphones and then go home and cry into your anime pillow if you have ever spent more than £50 on headphones because of "audio quality" (active noise cancellation is cool though so that's fine)
Hey hey this isn't audiophile wankery dude.
Airpods (non-pro) are literally just the free earbuds apple used to supply, but without wires. They sound pretty bad to most people and you can trivially measure the difference in sound they make compared to better headphones.
If you spend £90 or so, you get the Sony MDR7506 headphones that are still used in studios today, as they offer an accurate sound.
This is how you know audiophiles are idiots, because the music they're listening to is mastered on those, but they think they need 10k headphone and amp combinations wherein said measurement techniques will fail to see an improvement, but they will nonetheless claim it's there.

If you spend £20-30 on something with a 30mm driver, or ~£100 on something with a 40-50mm driver, the difference between those and the lovely little off-the-shelf Chinese drivers apple stick in their products is very significant.

re: bluetooth audio, LDAC and aptx(HD) is a thing. The former will do lossless transmission of most(all) 44hz/16bit content. Nearly every device/headphone combination will also stream AAC audio, so if you have them compressed as AAC files on your device, they aren't re-encoded to go over bluetooth.

Everyone ITT has knowledge rooted in technology 10 years ago I swear.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I give a poo poo what people do cause idiots like you eat a load of poo poo and then go "actually yummy this poo poo is good actually wow yeah I like it hahahahahahah"

And then other companies go

"well seems users will pay a lot of money for literal actual poo poo"
"yeah"
"R&D please stop making good products and make a literal pile of poo poo to eat"
"ohhh ok.."

[some time later, in a store / web retailer near you]

*actual person with a brain walks in*
"hey... why is everything here literal poo poo or a crappy copy of literal poo poo??? what gives??"
"oh well hurgh its reall hurhg convenient and when you tell HURGHHHH people enough that they want poo poo and all the cool kids want poo poo they HURGHHGHGH eat poo poo just to fit in!"
"are you.. are you literally eating poo poo right now?"
"yes its HURGHGHG its HURGHGHGH its all we have"

*actual person with brain walks out*

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I mean im talking to the person who uses cast iron because some other hipster dufus did before you, and it's just part of the 'uniform' you have to wear now.

HURGHGH

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I like the AirPods because they work seamlessly between my Apple devices.
"I like poo poo because it's the only thing my other poo poo will allow to properly work, I'm to stupid to realise im literaly buying poo poo to support my other poo poo and that everything is poo poo"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Star Wars is poo poo I made a better message
https://strangerthingsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/ALtBaSYNhUNKMwYOspI6

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This couldn't have underlined my point any better.
:five:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Hulkenburg is the Peter Molyneux of F1.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

That analogy still tracks because it was the last thing Molyneux achieved and it was in 2005.
Hulkenberg was also considered a success in 2005 and has been nothing but hot air and promises since.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I mean, Vettel is probably the only decent human being racing in F1 right now.
Not that he has stiff competition.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

what metric are we using to determine decency in F1 drivers?
This isn't a time for metrics.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Extract hot sauces are loving garbage though
Oh look, the weak little cast iron pan baby has another garbage food opinion, how quaint.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This isn’t a bad opinion, it’s just a cheap way to make something “hot” by dumping a bunch of capsaicin with some vinegar and pepper flavoring

Oh wow it’s 80 quadrillion scovilles but tastes like dog poo poo cool
They're usually identical on the chill content, with the extract added.
It's the same flavour but with a hell of a lot more kick.

Sorry you're a baby.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

do you even need to keep hot sauce in the fridge?
You do if you only dribble 3 little drops of habanero based sauce out at a time so you don't overly taint the 3-month aged lining on your pan.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

What sauces do you have headphone man
I've had about 2/3 their range as their shop is near my work.
https://www.hotsauceemporium.co.uk/

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

Guys I already settled this debate
you named a vinegar?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

marshalljim posted:

Indian food is great, but it's kind of weird how much of it looks like diarrhea.

WebMD posted:

When applied into the rectum: Turmeric is POSSIBLY SAFE when it is used as an enema.
Checks out.

Delicious, delicious poop.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

That’s a lot of food for two people
LOL if you can't eat a family bucket on your own dude.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Why would you brag about this
One piece is good.
10 pieces is 10 x gooder.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Y’all are fat as gently caress
Nope. Some of us spend free time lifting, not rubbing oil onto a pan where you fry up your dainty little food.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

A 10-piece bucket is like 150-200g of protein you dumb idiots.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

It's also like 4,000 calories my man
Is this thread all twinks?
Who doesn't have targets in that range if you're training hard?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

jazzyhattrick posted:

Yo Khablam, what do you bench?

Just lmfao if it's anything less than 4 plates.
In fitting with this hilarious joke, I calculate this to be 550-590 pieces of KFC™ Delicious Original recipe Chicken.
Buckets not included.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1 breast = 161g. This is actually the biggest piece by weight according to calorielab
161 x 590 = 94,990
94,990g to pounds = 210lbs

lol
You mathed this wrong friend.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

You’re the dipshit trying to use the weight of a piece of fried chicken to obfuscate your bench numbers so why don’t you just post it instead of acting like a smartass 11 year old
~39 cast iron pans.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

I'd rather have a tasty 10 Piece Wicked Variety Bucket from KFC.
I had a BARGAIN BUCKET because if you want a lot of something nice it should be
a) a BARGAIN
b) delivered in a BUCKET

Nigella is too thicc in that thumbnail
Yeah we're in no doubt you couldn't deal with Nigella.
One hour into your first tantrum and she'd be gone.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Hm....

Do I return my new lamp?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

I like that its energy efficiency rating is '💡'

Is it a Piquet Jr lamp?
I guess I'm not surprised they found a unique way to measure energy flow.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

BREAKING: "Verstappen is the best driver in F1" - Alonso
https://www.planetf1.com/news/alonso-verstappen-is-the-best-driver-in-f1/

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

ouch, well that's pretty damning for Verstappen. surprised you posted this mate you usually only post things that are good for/praising Max
It's pretty loving glowing if you watch the sport to be entertained mate.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

uhhh thinking that max is a garbage wreckfest driver and being entertained by his consisntently poor performances are not mutually exclusive.
I loved Max from the start because I saw greatness in him and I wasn't afraid to say it.
It took 6 WDCs for you to finally come out of your shell and admit you're a lewis fan LMAO
Coward.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

I would rather you assume that I'm a bandwagon Lewis fan than suggest anyone, even Khablam, go back and read the 2007 and/or 2008 threads.
Too late, see you on the other side.
e: for anyone else wondering, the easiest way to find early F1 threads is Wicka's rap sheet.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

GramCracker posted:

Khablam post your loving list
I can't - do you know how many bad takes there are about front wing flexing?
I will be gone some time.
Pray for me.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Guys I want to introduce to you, the first ever hot-take on Hamilton's name on these forums.

Poo-Piss Hamilcrash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It was revolutionary posting in 2007.