Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Javid posted:

I look forward to all the upcoming better goon funding networks that all the experts commenting on it are definitely qualified to found and oversee

Personally I look forward to more insanely stupid posts like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Bimbo posted:

that whole god drat thread was stupid as poo poo and full of the most smug self satisfied paternalistic lib-brained nonsense lol

anyway the human run machine that hands out money to people in need, still hands out money, and i am glad for it

oh no not paternalistic lib-brained nonsense!! oh gently caress!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Bimbo posted:

Sorry let me pare that down: i think you suck rear end!!!

oh okay I was worried for a minute there!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bebop esq posted:

gently caress off to your other lil thread

turn on your monitor

absolutely malding

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

but it's pretty easy to ignore them now that they got the exact thing they ostensibly wanted and it didn't even slightly change their obnoxious behavior.

What do you think they wanted because there's been zero additional transparency. Do you actually legitimately believe that people wanted to Destroy The Goonfund because they hate poor people and cats or something.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Bimbo posted:

gassing that loving thread is a start :thumbsup:

Nah, we won't be doing that. Any other ideas

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

enforce the rules on brigading or else let us invade their thread back

I mean... go ahead? anyone is allowed to be in PYF. Come post me lord

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I don't imagine being harassed for a week has done great things to Plinkey's response times. Sorry you're the one paying for it

It seems like an issue with the setup that if one guy gets his feelings hurt people in need don't get any help

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Not true, I got three days for calling assholes assholes.

You can still post there though. I never said you won't get probed if you have an extremely sad meltdown because you probably will

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Bimbo posted:

I don't have the slightest desire to delineate this beyond the basic, but it warrants some effort, and I earnestly find it frustrating, if also really kind of darkly funny.

There's a thread of people who mostly just post about goon drama endlessly, hyping themselves and their lurkers up into taking action, sanctioned and not, in the exact same way helldump and ED used to, against their subjects of discussion. It's specifically permissible in this case, because tradition (???), and they incidentally, accidentally found a justification that works for an admin. Sometimes that happens, but it doesn't even seem to matter.

but like, the behavior itself is specifically not allowed??? like jeffrey seriously if CSPAM made a thread that functions the same way the PYF drama thread does, every active participant would be banned or long-probed and the thread gassed faster than that PYF thread can huff its own self righteous farts into actionable histrionics.

Whatever man, do what you have to about plinkey. I feel like you should acknowledge this was a bunch of isolate goons kicking poo poo up in a subforum they largely don't post in, and do something about it, though.

This is an unbelievably weird persecution complex you're working on here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's also deeply funny that someone who considers themselves a cspam poster will immediately start going "but what they're doing is against the rules! why won't the mods do something!"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

My favorite forums drama was when SPR tried to start one last fight in the Covid thread about how “not everyone can get masks like you freaks. They aren’t available here!” Then a bunch of people earnest were trying to help source things and she ran away because it was never actually about being able to get masks or not vs starting poo poo.

A bunch of people were really helpful and I got some good masks with their assistance? I still got covid later on but I'd had all my vaccines by then

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

we should kill spr

Now THIS is goon charity

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Javid posted:

what salary are you offering plinkey to do all the extra work you seem to think he owes you?

$3/k a month, it's more than I get!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

I’m happy to be wrong then and see a rare post from you that isn’t complaining about other people.

Yeah I was intensely frustrated with the covid response locally and how obtuse everything was, there are people posting there who were genuinely helpful, among the shrieking paranoid astronaut types

NeatHeteroDude posted:

At least have Jeff pay us first (the mods)

I get hazard pay for modding the drama thread, owned scrub