Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

the means testing for food stamps in my state, since brownback in 2010, has meant that you can't get food stamps if:

a) you are not working at least 25 hrs a week
or
b) you do not prove to the state that you have searched for jobs enough that you can reasonably say you have spent 25 hrs on the endeavor, and have not refused any work offered in that time. -any- work

i got denied in a time of grief and extreme need in 2011, because a temp agency i worked with in order to get a call center job offered $10/hr hard labor every week

so basically gently caress means testing

and also, to donors: thank you for your solidarity, this fund (and a couple random goons in the bernie thread, you know who you are, thank you) has saved me from eviction for fees both great and small that i couldnt afford, and kept my p cheap bottom-tier residential internet on

may your lives reciprocate the relief you have created; may your actions serve as an example to others; may mutual aid win the 20s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

request sent

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

posting after sending an email; if the amt requested can't be met pls lmk as soon as you can get around to it :) lookin at elec shutoff past tues and i reeaally want to avoid plan C here but any forewarning that I'll have to do it would be helpful

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

stay safe plinkey! goonspeed

thank you for helping him share that info with us, pohl

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I just lost an eviction trial and have about ten bucks left for the forseeable, after renting a storage unit and filling my 17mpg crapwagon up to move things

Have anywhere from a week to three weeks to get all my stuff out and find a place, am seeking slower fundraising elsewhere for larger costs, but a small contribution would help me buy supplies and food in the meantime

Will send the currently requisite PM? as email is still a porblem? anyone with the capability: pls PM me directly if you have any resources to share, informational or otherwise

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I do not currently need goonbucks and a lot of the credit for that goes to prior goonbucks- these past few years, I've have been able to start getting medical treatment for a chronic issue for the first time since 2009. That woulda been a hell of a lot more slow and difficult without a lil help keeping my utilities and rent etc paid

ty all of you for your collective role in my recovery 💙

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I would like to post to say that this fund has been one of many archway stones helping me recover from a combination of health problems and personal trauma that's been plaguing me for a little over a decade

There's a combination of factors, and my own determination is kinda the keystone, but a lil help here and there to pay a bill, get needed supplies, or just buy myself a small treat of popeyes dinner or a couple fancy $3 beers, has speeded my recovery process immensely

I don't think I've submitted my last request- still between permanent addresses, still looking for work that's safe for me to do- but the cushion of an occasional pocketful of non-means-tested tenners has given me the ability to set myself up to be able to delve into, apply for, and (crucially) WAIT for means-tested assistance. I have a safe and warm place to stay, and I have enough food to not have to skip any meals. That hasn't been consistently true for a while. (I also have access to healthcare, and am consistently medicated for the first time in a WHILE)

Thank you, Plinkey, and thank you, to all who subscribe to the Patreon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I'm coming up on one year of being homeless and laboriously carving a path to not being homeless, but a downed utility pole has cut electricity off from the squat I'm inhabiting. Utility corporation estimates repair by October- meaning I will have to delay my study plans to reacquire tech certs, focusing instead on day-to-day survival against the heat and a lack of a fridge

I'm at wits end and I'm tired- I pull down about $500/mo from odd jobs, it goes real fast when all your food spoils and you gotta drive a 20mpg jalopy to the library/coffee shop to study every day- on top of my medical costs, which are not insignificant.

I'm not certain that goonfund is robust enough to rly help. The amt I need to avoid having to camp in my town's sanctuary district this month is higher than I'm comfortable requesting, though I'm putting in a request for a lesser amount, for gasoline and access to air conditioned/electrified spaces during the day. Maybe a nice lil beer or two

Internally, I feel capable of climbing out of this, for the first time in my adult life! Medical care has been equipping me to actually do the things I gotta do, love it.
Externally, everything's going to poo poo! Local welfare NGOs are swamped, 1bdr rent has climbed from 500/mo average to 850/mo average in less than a decade, and the electric company rushes to restore service to half-mil mcmansions while the rest of us just, wait around and sweat it out

idk what to do and 21c life has taught me that when idk what to do, I post about it