Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

I think Dark Knight Rises had a bigger budget, at $250m. It's also reported that Nolan has a 20% cut of the first dollar gross, so that's another chunk of change it needs to make.

None of his movies have come close to not making a high return and Hollywood loves to stick to what they know. I'm sure I read that part of the reason that his relationship with WB is good is because without fail he has delivered movies when he says he will and to the budget he said he would. So although $200m is a lot, they don't have to worry about it becoming $300m.

It's about time I rewatched Memento. I knew nothing about Nolan or the movies when my film-buff housemate came home with the newly released DVD. That point towards the end when you realise what is going on is one of those rare movie moments that has stuck with me. But since upgrading to a special edition dvd a decade ago I haven't actually watched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

A reported $1B for all the Avatar sequels. Given how bored I was watching the first one, I don't think I'll be making a contribution to getting that back.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Laughing Zealot posted:

One thing that I'm never quite sure about. What exactly was Bruce doing with the concrete and the minigun in the "batcave"? Testing how the bullets shattered in different concrete?
It's seeing how the bullets shatters when hitting concrete so he can jigsaw the fragments he found back together correctly and get a valid fingerprint off it. It doesn't really hold up to logic; a bullet shattering is going to be a chaotic event with too many variables for useful repeatability.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

precision posted:

He'll only let you download it if you own a home theater system worth at least 25k
VOD only if you watch it via a VR headset with a multiplayer game of SimCinema. Other player's mics can't be muted.