Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Saw it today, i'm going to have some reading on the internet and maybe see it again on Cheap Tuesday or Blu Ray before I decide if the plot makes sense or not.

• Whole thing looked gorgeous, some spectacular locations, kind of like a Bond film in that respect.
  • Great fight choreography
  • Some spectacular action scenes involving vehicles, i'm surprised i'm not bored of car chases after seeing them in a million different movies.
  • Michael Caine wonderful as always
  • The music is about as subtle as being hit by a bus, he didn't use Hans Zimmer on this one so more synthy and less classical.
  • Is the movie difficult to understand like 2001 or eyes wide shut because there's a lot going on here and you need time to process it all or does it just not make sense? Reasonable people will disagree I suppose.
  • It's loving loud, not as loud as Dunkirk (that was super loud on purpose) but there's a definite choice to go with loudness here.
  • Nice to see Robert Pattinson in something that isn't that stupid Twilight poo poo. Apparently he prepared for his part by watching Christopher Hitchens videos.
  • The women characters were good.
  • Without the time element, it would basically be a bond film, the villain and his henchman are super cliche.
  • The script was well written (when you could hear it).

Ultimately yeah it's polarizing and if you didn't like Interstellar or Inception you aren't going to like this.

Also yeah the audio mixing was atrocious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

sethsez posted:

It's been almost a decade since the last Twilight movie and he's been in quite a few fantastic things since then, any one of which should have proven that he's more than just Edward Cullen and which collectively should have smashed that notion to pieces by now, but I guess for some people he's still in that Leo-after-Titanic phase of his career.

Also, everything I've been reading about this gives me the impression that Tenet is exactly the movie that Inception's detractors claimed that movie was.

Sorry I haven't seen him in anything before.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The music in this is seriously about as unsubtle as it gets, no wonder Nolan doesn't want to turn it down so you can understand the dialogue.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh yeah the suits look great in this movie.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It was nice to be able to go see a movie after months of lockdown too.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Freeports full of tax free art are a real thing BTW.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The making of documentary on the Blu Ray is cool, he plans out the sets with little 3d printed models.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tenet UHDs\Blu rays\ DVDs are out in Australia today.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
guys he isn't going to fix the sound, he's been doing it like this for years.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The screen play is on amazon if you are curious.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So is Nolan a genius or an overrated hack?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Was Sator at the opera house? I never noticed him there.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What if you inverted fart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Go back and watch Inception it's better.