Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I would consider it cool if Time itself is some sort of supernatural force. Kind of like Final Destinationí Death and when you ďdieĒ and become untethered to time and have to fight to survive or do stuff around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Is this where Nolan lives long enough to become the villain?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Darko posted:

All of his movies are. The coldness is only because the protagonist is always broken.

Memento, everything is because of feeling and his lost wife and not wanting to face the pain. Prestige, while 2/3 are all about the glory and work, one is all about the love/family. Etc.

Do you think his protagonists and the "coldness" is something of his own subconscious projection and a cry for something and if you poke Nolan will he emote? A lot of his movies center around the family and loss or sacrifice. Interstellar, Prestige, Inception, Memento...perhaps Nolan just wants to express himself but cannot and does it through his movies.

EDIT: To be clear I do not mean this as serious. Cause I know it will be taken that way.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 8, 2020

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

If I pay $99 I can rent an entire movie theater screen/hall to myself. Like...I'm kind of tempted. Just me, by myself....I'm going to buy all the food and drink in the world and just go ham.

For 2 hours.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

Wait thatís a thing?

Tempting.

Yes, apparently my main movie theater that I go to all the time is offering to rent a movie screen/hall (they have 24 screens). For $99 you can be there by yourself or have up to 20 people of your choice. Though I probably need to read the fine print.

EDIT: Apparently it's $150 for a new movie and it's $99 for a classic movie like Jurassic Park. They have selected times for when they'd be airing a movie but it's a movie from the choices they give you/are showing. It is selling out.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 22, 2020

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

LMAO - Affleck is the best Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This was a cool movie and Iím glad thereís movies like this, flaws and all. Iíll take an ambitious project that tries something unique or different or presents something new over yet another mediocre, low aiming standard movie or whatever. Give me another.

That being said I didnít understand too much, just went with what it presented, so Iíll have to watch it again. I appreciate all the conversations here too as itís fun to read and get food for thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

So if I take a dump while inverted....