Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Saw this movie yesterday and I have two thoughts about it.
The first is maybe this would have been handled a bit better if instead of a big prestige Christopher Nolan movie is was like just some vehicle for Will Smith or Tom Crusie or something because I just had this impression that was what the script originally was.

The first is now I can't stop thinking about the Red Dwarf episode Backwards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAsjfCq8GDU
I honestly would have loved it if the movie has some reversed dialog that called you the viewer a loser when played foreward.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
To me a big part of the problem is we're told "don't think, feel" but the writers didn't take their own advice and have fallen into the Zack Snyder trap of having thought about it too much and just pat themselves on the back for being so clever.

Like the fact that if you're inverted you can breath normal air or that inverted fire takes away body heat. They are just useless details that come up but sre never used or utilized in any sort of clever way. Like they are never show to be in danger of running out of inverted oxygen or have any need to say run into a burning building while they are inverted. And even then you don't need fire to do that when it's inverted to be dangerous because well it's still fire.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I get the imagery, I just feel like the inverted air thing should have turned into a kind of ticking clock element that could have added some tension during the final battle or. Like while he's inverted Neil's air tank takes a bullet and begins leaking or something.