Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Just got back from the movies, and the sound quality was abysmal. I'm guessing this is the cinema and not the movie in this case but when you see it pretend you can only hear half of the words and you'll roughly have my experience.

It sure was fun not knowing anyone's name, and even more super fun that there is a plot relevant reason people have to wear gas masks for large parts of the film.

I will probably really enjoy this with subtitles once it comes onto netflix or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Just so I'm clear, I have watched most of the movies Nolan has made and have never had much trouble understanding what it going on. I think it's probably difficult enough plus the shithouse cinema I was at made it unfollowable.

I guarantee you if it was as bad as it was for me last night it would have been mentioned in reviews. I literally only know two of the characters names by the end of the movie because I couldn't hear poo poo.

e. lol, just checked IMDB and the main character doesn't actually get given a name, which is an OK choice except I didn't hear anyone else's either.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Hearing more and more reports of people not being able to hear poo poo (and not just bogans like me who live in regional 'Straya). If this isn't fixed by the time it's released worldwide I'm gonna need some more popcorn.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

SlowBloke posted:

That is no joke a medical condition, while the English dub seems bad, I would suggest a checkup once this pandemic ends.

I am an audiologist, and have been given every conceivable test of hearing including (C)APD which I'm guessing is what you are referring to and have no abnormalities. I also could not hear most of the movie.

Yes I did perform those tests again after seeing this movie just to check lol.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Necrothatcher posted:

I totally agree with you about how annoying it is. Apparently it's totally intentional though - he was asked about it when Interstellar came out

This is like some random metal band CD a friend showed me and on the back it's like, occasionally we play out of tune FOR ARTISTIC REASONS, and if you think otherwise you're wrong and dumb. We are actually very smart and good at music.